F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Evolution: E60 to F10

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 Silver BMW 525i, loaded w/o Nav 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, loaded w/o Nav

What are some improvements you'd like to see as BMW moves from E60 to F10? I know it's too late now, as I'm sure BMW is ironing out the last few wrinkles on the model. But, what are some things that you'd really like to see changed or offered at a minimum on the upcoming 5 series?

Here is my short list:

1.) Real cup holders, and a real center storage compartment. While it's true BMW's are built for driving, not drinking while driving- the fact is in America- we do both, especially on long trips. It's be nice to see (in addition to those dash cup holders) some console mounted cup holders, capable of holding a Large Coke from Sonic. It'd also be nice to store stuff (like CD's) in something larger than what the E60 has- which is functinal only for a pair of shades or a garage door opener.

2.) I'd like the see the 525i name come back. That nomenclature is as historic as the 5 is itself. They need to bring that name back, even if they do stuff a 3+ liter engine under the hood.

3.) More power: I think even the base 5 series needs to have more power than a top of the line Accord, Camry, or Altima. That's going to require 270+ now a days.

4.) Introduction of the 5 series Li. They sell it other places, why not in America? This woudl be nice for those of us who want the extra space for passengers, but can't afford a 7** Li.

That's about it... While I doubt BMW will offer 2, 3, or 4- if nothing else, I'd really like to see #1 happen.

Whay about you guys/gals?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bighersh' post='1016369' date='Sep 24 2009, 08:45 PM
1.) ... capable of holding a Large Coke from Sonic. It'd also be nice to store stuff (like CD's) in something larger than what the E60 has- which is functinal only for a pair of shades or a garage door opener.
You are funny. Coke from Sonic? CDs? Li model? Looks like you need an F150 (Supercrew, no less) - Ford is best in Texas btw. LOL Now, waitaminute? You had an F150? What happened there?
No offense man.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

1) The Germans could care less about cup holders, they think the car is for driving not drinking.

2) There will always be a base model 5er - whether it's 525 or 528 is mere semantics

3 & 4) VERY good ideas
Old 09-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

The 5GT rides on the new 5Li's chasis. So maybe there's hope that they'll import the real thing here as well.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Contributors

I'd also like to add - MORE STANDARD EQUIPMENT!!! It's seems silly to me that almost EVERYTHING is optional on our cars, especially when that new Suzuki car comes with NAV standard, Kias come with upgraded stereos standard, and EVERY car that costs less than the 5 er comes with iPod or MP3 plugs atandard at this point. The amount of optional equipment is ridiculous.

I just hope the normal "options' get to be standard equipment now - like iPod interface, memory seats, you things way too many cars that cost $20k less come with standard. Like my wife's Subaru, for $30k we got rearview camera, NAV, iPod interface, Satellite radio, 6 disc in dash changer, memory seats, a 265HP H6 engine, Bluetooth, the friggin computer in the car even has an organizer like you'd find in a smart phone. Why can't BMW make these standard at double the price?
Old 09-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1017774' date='Sep 26 2009, 04:10 PM
I'd also like to add - MORE STANDARD EQUIPMENT!!! It's seems silly to me that almost EVERYTHING is optional on our cars, especially when that new Suzuki car comes with NAV standard, Kias come with upgraded stereos standard, and EVERY car that costs less than the 5 er comes with iPod or MP3 plugs atandard at this point. The amount of optional equipment is ridiculous.

I just hope the normal "options' get to be standard equipment now - like iPod interface, memory seats, you things way too many cars that cost $20k less come with standard. Like my wife's Subaru, for $30k we got rearview camera, NAV, iPod interface, Satellite radio, 6 disc in dash changer, memory seats, a 265HP H6 engine, Bluetooth, the friggin computer in the car even has an organizer like you'd find in a smart phone. Why can't BMW make these standard at double the price?
Don't hold your breath for that John as that's just now how German car makers do business. In German cars, everything is optional -- the opposite of Japanese cars. It would be nice but it ain't gonna happen.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1017774' date='Sep 26 2009, 01:10 PM

haha just take a fully loaded 5er and consider it the base model, just figure thats how much they cost and pay it.. problem solved
Old 09-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 545iS SMG, Black on Brown... Carbon Grille. Navi. PDC. Htd Seats. HUD... Sunshades. Logic7. All Packages. 20%front-5%back........ ETC............................... Coming Soon: MTEC full kit, some wheels. ACS rear carbon spoiler. NAV TV.

I wish that non M 550i had lsd and M-DCT. That's all for now
Old 09-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 07 550 i, mystic blue, black leather, cold weather package, nav, sport, shades, bags, rear heat, V1 hardwired. 05 F350 TD Crew Cab 04 Range Rover HSE 91 964 C4 Cabrio 07 997 Turbo Cabrio

Comfort Access Standard
Option to select sultry french female voice
or just give up on voice command, it sucks, and no one uses it
better stock stereo
dead hooker sticker in the trunk
Old 09-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1017804' date='Sep 26 2009, 01:52 PM
Don't hold your breath for that John as that's just now how German car makers do business. In German cars, everything is optional -- the opposite of Japanese cars. It would be nice but it ain't gonna happen.

I guess you're right Scott, but I can dream

Quick Reply: Evolution: E60 to F10