F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Did go to the BMW 5 series F10 VIP presentation today.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricracing
There was the first F10 in Finland, a car from production day number 1!

It was a Sophisto Grey 530dA with 18? wheels and Dunlop Sport Maxx GT RF tires (F245 / R275).
Nice color, by the way (see pic).
Yes, I was there too. Nice car must say.

And did try also the automatic trunk open & close, very nice functionality.
18" wheels looked also very nice.

Can't wait to get the actual price list with accessories.

Btw. You did not read that sign in the door when you entered to the VIP area: "Valokuvaus kielletty", Photographing prohibited.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TurboT
Btw. You did not read that sign in the door when you entered to the VIP area: "Valokuvaus kielletty", Photographicing prohibited.
Then we'll just call them "Spy Shots"
Old 02-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '09 LCI 520dA Business. Alpine White; Heated Standard seats in Beige Fusion Artificial Leather and Light poplar wood trim, high-gloss; Sport Steering Wheel; Automatic A/C with Extended features; Hi-Fi loudspeaker system; Cup holders; Cruise control with brake function; Heated ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming; Xenons with Adaptive headlights and High-beam Assistant; PDC; Sunblinds for side and rear windows; USB interface; Extended Interior Lights Package; Soft-close doors; Windscreen with green shade band; Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory; Smokers Package; Floor mats, velour

I was too obeying and didn't take any pictures because they had forbidden that. Looks like quite many Finnish forum members went there.

Anyway, my idea about F10 changed completely when I saw it in real life, now I like how it looks.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Miikka
I was too obeying and didn't take any pictures because they had forbidden that. Looks like quite many Finnish forum members went there.

Anyway, my idea about F10 changed completely when I saw it in real life, now I like how it looks.
Yes, in real life it's even better than in the pictures.

Was the demo car actually with sport suspension ?

It looked so cool with 18" rims.

I forgot to ask that from the sales person.

Actually I'm quite surprised that how many finnish members in generally are in this forum and also were there based on this thread posts.

PS. There is also finnish discussion thread about F10 in btcf.fi forum.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by BigMike
Great writeup and pics, Ric!!

Be sure to share with us what you hear from BMW concerning the wheel ET's when you get that info.
Hi Mike and thanks all,

Yes, I will as soon as the brat from BMW will call me.
He really was a car salesman with not a long future in the business.
My ordinary "BMW-man" got his pension as the year changed.

One correction from my side.
The wheels on the Space Grey 5er in BMW Magazine special has Style 331 19" wheels (F 8,5 and R 9,0),
with F 245/40 and R 275/35 tires.

Please note the tires size change from the E60!

Not 20" as the BMW brat told me.
One should always check the info
Old 02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by TurboT
Yes, in real life it's even better than in the pictures.

Was the demo car actually with sport suspension ?

It looked so cool with 18" rims.

I forgot to ask that from the sales person.

Actually I'm quite surprised that how many finnish members in generally are in this forum and also were there based on this thread posts.

PS. There is also finnish discussion thread about F10 in btcf.fi forum.
Hi TurboT,

As I read the BMW Magazine special, I got the impression that Dynamic Damping Control
is a standard equipment on the F10, but 100% sure I'm not.

That would mean that "sport suspension" is included in the settings that are:
Comfort, Normal, Sport and Sport+.

This is actually the best E60 forum and hopefully also for the F10.

I'm also a member in the btcf, but there are too many Finnish brats...

As we see, don't believe in everything you read.
So, that's the reason it was so hard to get nice pics
Old 02-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Hi TurboT,

As I read the BMW Magazine special, I got the impression that Dynamic Damping Control
is a standard equipment on the F10, but 100% sure I'm not.

That would mean that "sport suspension" is included in the settings that are:
Comfort, Normal, Sport and Sport+.

This is actually the best E60 forum and hopefully also for the F10.

I'm also a member in the btcf, but there are too many Finnish brats...
Hi again,

DDC is an option with all engines. It comes only together with all other adaptive drive features if the engine is 535i/550i or 525d/530d. When 520d/523i/528i it comes alone and the other adaptive drive features are not available. There is still a separate M-Sport suspension, price in Germany 420 ? which is 10 mm lower and has all the familiar M-Sport suspension features like E60. DDC/Adaptive drive is not available together with M-Sport suspension. DDC affects in shock absorbers only the springs and stabis are standard.

I have been struggling quite a lot with the suspension and decided to keep safe and take M-Sport suspension. The other adaptive drive features come together with sport automatic transmission, so the DDC and Dynamic Drive remain the only difference. I tested the F07 530d wirh DDC/adaptive drive and normal/comfort were both far too soft for me.

My 535iA will be quite loaded, Leather Dakota Comfort seats, HiFi professional, Navi professional, Glassroof, Adaptive Xenons, Integral active steering, Folding rear seats, PDC, Speed limit info, 18" V-spoke 328, Anthracite headliner etc. All camera systems will be left out though, I don't think I would use them in everyday use.

The car will be out of factory in Dingolfing during week 10, so I still have some 2-3 weeks to make changes. One issue remaining is the still the color. To be honest, I don't like any of the colors too much. Sapphire black is quite safe choice, but not too exciting...

Best regards,

TGII