F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Did go to the BMW 5 series F10 VIP presentation today.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

There was the first F10 in Finland, a car from production day number 1!

It was a Sophisto Grey 530dA with 18? wheels and Dunlop Sport Maxx GT RF tires (F245 / R275).
Nice color, by the way (see pic).

The car had sport steering wheel and ?seats (and probably suspension).
These Dakota leather seats are way more comfortable than the sport ones I have in my LCI E60.
Also the interior felt really solid and classy. No more cheap looking plastic as in the E60.
The whole dash is simply great.
The iDrive and the especially the area with speedometers etc is very nice with different colors.
Even the engine heat meter is back!

First impressions are that the car looks really great. I can?t find anything I dislike.
The front doesn?t have too large or high kidneys, looks even better than on the F01.
The rear is fine but the trunk lid looks a bit like the old (until -09) E M-B?s one,
good or bad is up to you, but I liked it.
The rear lights are really nice (see pic).

The aluminium doors can be slammed close with no disturbing voices ? even if the windows are down.
Try that with your E60?

For the rear seat passengers, there?s less room than in the E60, for some reason.

There?s no room anymore for a spare tire in the trunk. Under the floor carpet
there?s the battery and other electronic devices.
That means RF tires, I?m afraid?

In Finland the car can?t be ordered with non-RF tires.

I will soon get a call from BMW, concerning the wheel ET?s.

What a great looking and feeling car!
A 520dA will come my way next year.
Attached Thumbnails Did go to the BMW 5 series F10 VIP presentation today.-first-sight-f10-1.jpg   Did go to the BMW 5 series F10 VIP presentation today.-first-sight-f10-2.jpg  
Old 02-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

nice.. thanks for the write-up and pics!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Contributors

Thank you for the write up and pics

But to me, the first picture looks exactly like a 3-series to me. But again, thats "my opinion". I just like the fact that during the "E" days, we could differentiate from far away if it was an E90,E60 or E65.

Will I buy a F10 in the new future? of course i will (not because it is beautiful, but i grew accustomed to the 5-Series and specially BMW).

Again, thanks for the write up.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Hi Ricracing,

I was there as well and decided to change the color of my ordered car to sapphire black. I didn't like the brownish gray tone. So, it will be a black 535iA. Production week is 10/2010 and delivery is supposed to be 14.4.2010.

Best regards

TGII
Old 02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

That's the way to go TGII.
A 535iA would be my choice too, if I had the ?.

Black is in my mind too, with a light or lightish int.

Congrats on the order.

PS. The summer wheels need to be 20" or at least 19".
(If you picked up the BMW Magazine special, the Space Gray
car on the cover is with 20" wheels.)
Attached Thumbnails Did go to the BMW 5 series F10 VIP presentation today.-special-f10.jpg  
Old 02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOVELY!

Can't wait to get my first real world look!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing
That's the way to go TGII.
A 535iA would be my choice too, if I had the ?.

Black is in my mind too, with a light or lightish int.

Congrats on the order.

PS. The summer wheels need to be 20" or at least 19".
(If you picked up the BMW Magazine special, the Space Gray
car on the cover is with 20" wheels.)
Although this lacks the shadowline window trim, it appears to have the lowered sport suspension. Look at the lack of space between the top of the wheels and the fenders and compare it to all the other pics we've seen before. I like those wheels...
Old 02-02-2010, 04:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Great writeup and pics, Ric!!

Be sure to share with us what you hear from BMW concerning the wheel ET's when you get that info.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Thanks for the pics. I can't wait to see what the F10 will look like with a M Tech kit.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

nice post!

the f10 really does look good in these pics can't wait to see one in person around spring!

Quick Reply: Did go to the BMW 5 series F10 VIP presentation today.