F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

C&D Tests F10 550i Auto & Manual....

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
is it that hard to believe someone could be honest/unbiased about their purchase?
Goes a bit beyond that tbo. If someone would simply say they don't like something, who could argue? But to put it into terms that I don't like it therefore it's wrong, broken, unintended .........

People expect things, and people sometimes refuse to change. I have had this picture of Pharding playing basketball, at the foul line still using the two hand underhand shot, refusing to change. The F10 is different no doubt, but the fact is that this is what the majority, the significant majority, of BMW owners have been asking for. Drive it, learn it, then if you don't like it get something else. Don't drive it like a big car, even tho it's bigger and heavier it drives much smaller, blows away the comparable E60 and opens the door to many others.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Originally Posted by Petes550i
Steering feel is subjective. I prefer the electric one over the excessively boosted feel of the IAS.

Besides, you're a well-known F10 hater around these parts and you're never going to get one so why do you care?

Ease up a bit, Pete. I dont come around here much anymore, but every time I do, there's a sense that you're trying very hard to prove everyone who feels differently than you is wrong, or that you have to justify why you bought the car. Just be happy, agree to disagree and let it go.

For what its worth, I drove the F10 550i and was not impressed either, and I'm far from a known hater.

Just lighten up, enjoy your right and dont worry about right/wrong, as the only opinion that matters is whether you like your own car.

Just my two cents.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

is it that hard to believe someone could be honest/unbiased about their purchase?

thank you pharding for providing some honest insight regarding your f10....

I'm not saying anyone is being dishonest about anything.

That's not the point....all I'm saying is that it's just hard for me to understand how someone who I assume test-drove the car prior to purchase hates how it drives later on.

If I test-drive a car and hated how it steered and handled (even a little bit), I would not even think twice about it....I'd move on. I wouldn't spend $$$ on a car and hope and pray it would drive and steer better later. I test-drove my 550i for 4 hours on 3 separate occasions prior to signing on the dotted line. I test-drove it on all kinds of roads and in the rain so that I can be sure what kind of car I was getting into.

All that being said, however, maybe all the other stuff about the 550i was good enough for pharding that the steering and suspension wasn't a deal-breaker. I don't know. Whatever makes you happy.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

^AFAIK, pharding placed his order and took ED before these were even stateside to test drive really....

IIRC his last 5 cars have been BMW 5 series...so maybe he's just one of those BMW/5 series enthusiast's you don't understand....
Old 09-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

^AFAIK, pharding placed his order and took ED before these were even stateside to test drive really....

IIRC his last 5 cars have been BMW 5 series...so maybe he's just one of those BMW/5 series enthusiast's you don't understand....

....maybe....I dunno, you're the expert.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

....maybe....I dunno, you're the expert.
^sarcasm is always lost or misinterpreted over the keyboard.. I'll not challenge the captain of the f10 debate team
Old 09-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Contributors

bmw might look into hiring pete here
Old 09-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i - GONE

i want that twin turbo'd v8 engine in my car.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

No offense pharding but it seems to me that you're not totally happy with your F10. (From your post, it actually seems more negative than positive). Did you thoroughly test-drive your car prior to delivery? Personally, I would never fork over $70K+ on a car if I wasn't 100% satisifed with every aspect of the vehicle. Things like steering and suspension, which you are critical, is a very important part of the overall driving experience....if this was a problem for me, I would never even consider a F10.
Pete no offense but who appointed you to be the police of this board? Why are you such a hard a$$ about those here that express an opinion that differs from your opinion? I have said that it is a great car however there a couple of areas that should be improved. Many others have said the same thing. That does not mean that I am having buyers remorse. This was my fourth BMW 5er in 9 years. It is the nature of message boards that a variety of opinions will be expressed. And, surprise, some of those opinions may not always align with your opinion. Some people are just too sensitive to read opinions that have different viewpoints from their self-absorbed opinion and probably should not participate in message boards.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by pharding
Pete no offense but who appointed you to be the police of this board? Why are you such a hard a$$ about those here that express an opinion that differs from your opinion? I have said that it is a great car however there a couple of areas that should be improved. Many others have said the same thing. That does not mean that I am having buyers remorse. This was my fourth BMW 5er in 9 years. It is the nature of message boards that a variety of opinions will be expressed. And, surprise, some of those opinions may not always align with your opinion. Some people are just too sensitive to read opinions that have different viewpoints from their self-absorbed opinion and probably should not participate in message boards.
Pete has been known to call people names and for some unknown reasons, he thinks everyone is against him.

As for the electric steering, I am certain taht BMW (when enough complaints) will call you in for a programming update the will adjust the amount of "assist" on your electric steering system. These electric steering systems, while they will likely go through more modifications, is much more advance than the hybrid hydraulic ones. I think BMW had the first ESS in their 2002 Z4 (still plaque with problems). Just like the first SMG, there will be iterations. But I think the ESS are very programmable from the get go. A reprogramming of the ESS should put the "feel of the road" back in your hands.

Quick Reply: C&D Tests F10 550i Auto & Manual....