F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Bang & Olufsen High End system coming to the F10

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
I don't think B&W makes car audio speakers.... do they?

Honestly, if people are interested in high-end audio, the best solution is to have a custom system installed. A custom stereo will knock the socks off anything from the factory, and is certainly more bang-for-the-buck than spending $3000-5000 on a premium factory system.
Yes, B&W started making automotive systems recently. AFAIK only for Jaguar though.

Actually, I've never heard a truly great sounding custom system. Best car systems I've heard were high-end options, like Mark Levinson in Lexus, etc etc.

Originally Posted by Ricracing
It's all about the effort the audio/car developers will put into the system design
and the cars interior materials and soundproofing.

It's not about the Watts and speakers, it's about the listening condition as an wholeness.

(but of course also for the profits, but that is for the consumer to decide.)
AMEN!

Originally Posted by turboawd
it's all about the bass
You were kidding, right?
Old 07-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

I don't mod my cars so for me a good factory option is key. You guys need to hear the Burmester system in the Panamera and also the latest generation Cayenne. It's about 4 grand, but it's excellent.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by swajames
I don't mod my cars so for me a good factory option is key. You guys need to hear the Burmester system in the Panamera and also the latest generation Cayenne. It's about 4 grand, but it's excellent.

I'd heard it on the new Cayenne at the auto show earlier this year....it's awesome.

....makes the standard Bose system sound like absolute crap! (What was Porsche thinking?!)
Old 07-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Contributors

At today's prices, 4 grand for a high-end P-car system is actually kind of a bargain. And I couldn't agree more - factory-installed systems will always be better than any custom made setup. Custom setups aren't tested and perfected by science, they are thrown together to produce the most bass. Sure, R&D always has some bean-counters circumcising it's effort, but at least there is R&D with factory systems. Not so with a custom system - even if you spend many multiples of the cost of a high-end factory option system, you'll still be shooting in the dark. Unless you're getting it installed by some real artist of this trade (and I personally have yet to even read about someone who makes a sound system that sounds better, than, say, even the B&O), you're really just wasting money on some high-school level bling.

Custom sound systems are the chrome rims of the sound system world. Yeah, I'm quite proud of myself for that one - the chrome rims of the sound system world
Old 07-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by turboawd
it's all about the bass
If so, the F10 BMW Pro is good enough to damage my old bones (and the car).

I don't have the bass on more than some 70%.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i

In Australia, the B&O option for the F12/F13 6 Series is approximately AUD$10,000.00, which is similar to US$10,000.00.

Pretty expensive in my opinion...
Old 07-23-2011, 04:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by SSRL_2006
In Australia, the B&O option for the F12/F13 6 Series is approximately AUD$10,000.00, which is similar to US$10,000.00.

Pretty expensive in my opinion...

...more like ridiculous. :thumbsdown:
Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Yes, B&W started making automotive systems recently. AFAIK only for Jaguar though.

Actually, I've never heard a truly great sounding custom system. Best car systems I've heard were high-end options, like Mark Levinson in Lexus, etc etc.
I can assure you the custom system in my E60 sounds better than any OEM system.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Well yes: "Custom Audio System: Audison BitOne DSP, Audison LRx4.1 amplifier, Hertz Mille MLK2 component speakers, Hertz HSK-165 speakers, JL Audio HD750.1 amplifier, JL Audio 12W6v2 subwoofer in the E60-specific stealthbox."

Cheap and easy to install, I guess?
And the car looks as from the factury after removals of the system and the OEM electroncis are fine
Old 07-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Contributors

I have nothing against you, or your system, my friend. But louder and better are completely different things.

Quick Reply: Bang & Olufsen High End system coming to the F10