535i euro delivery please help a girl disable seatbelt chime.. - 5Series.net - Forums

F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
New Members

just picked up my 535i (manual) from the place it was shipped to. i NEED to disable the seatbelt chime- it's driving me nuts - i always wear my seatbelt while driving, no lectures please, but I DO NOT WANT the chime. sometimes i'm in the driveway putting my kids' childseat seatbelts on - turning around to do that (I'm 5.11 and a gymnast so I can do it.. but..) and not wearing a seatbelt - and it beeps all the time. I don't care if it is silent or actually not activated.. please please someone tell me how to do it.

I am worried about the 'disactivate seat belt chime and therefore airbags might not work' thread, so my thought is how to silence it. I asked at bmw welt and confidentally I was told it was easy to do by any dealer. but here in the usa the dealers say they have no idea how to do it. what's wrong with them!!

help help.!!

sabrina
pannacotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Members
Senior Members

Pretty sure u can't. Prob has to be coded out. Dealer most likely wouldn't do it bc of safety issues. Depending on where u are, there are members here in NY and Southern Cal that could do it for u.
Justin66mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
Members

You can pick up a copy of E-Sys and the latest PSdZData, and code this yourself in 10 minutes.
shawnsheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
Super Moderator

I'll honor your request and won't waste any time lecturing you but have to ask...

Why is the chime making noise if you are sitting in the driveway not moving? I didn't think it worked that way.
Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote