E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipping car and instructions tell me to disable alarm

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 06:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i Olivine Green w/ Beige leather interior, 6 spd manual, premium package, comfort access, cold weather package, heated rear seats. 2005 Acura MDX Touring Sage Brush Pearl w/ NAV, running boards, roof rack 1993 325is Calypso Red w/ Parchment leather interior, 5 spd manual. (Sold Nov 06)
Question Shipping car and instructions tell me to disable alarm

Hoping there is someone who has had to do the same...I'm shipping my, car in a week and the transport company instructions include disabling the alarm. I have the car in for service at the dealer now and asked them to take care of it but The dealer doesn't seem to have a standard process or procedure to do this and recommends that I don't.

I've done several searches on the forum but that hasn't turned up anything. Has anyone else out there had to ship a car and disable the alarm? What did you do? Is it as simple as pulling the fuse? Disconnecting some wire? Any help is appreciated! I have a 2007 E60 530i with comfort access. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:38 AM
twh
Members
Senior Members

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi 6MT
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

You can't [easily] disable the alarm. The alarm siren even has it's own battery that in case the battery is disconnected. If you have DIS, I believe you can enable "transport mode", but I wouldn't mess with it if I was you. This is used to deliver the cars to the dealer. I'm sure this isn't the first BMW the transporter has moved.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:37 PM
New Members

If you push the lock button twice, it disables the motion/movement alarm.

See: Disabling Motion Detector when necessary - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums
Old 07-13-2015, 04:02 AM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by twh
You can't [easily] disable the alarm. The alarm siren even has it's own battery that in case the battery is disconnected. If you have DIS, I believe you can enable "transport mode", but I wouldn't mess with it if I was you. This is used to deliver the cars to the dealer. I'm sure this isn't the first BMW the transporter has moved.
AFAIK, dealer or yourself should be able to put the car in transport mode, when I had my "issues" with the car and was trying everything in DIS to DIY fix it I put my car in transport mode several times as part of both my learning curve with DIS and attempting to fix my issues with the car at the time, DIS will put everything back to normal when you take it out of transport mode again.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:01 AM
New Members

My Ride: x5

Yeah! you have to do it because it will create a lot of issues during the transportation. But I thought this is what the transportation company will do for you, if you don't know how to do it, but they have to do it in front of you, with your permission
Old 06-05-2020, 02:14 AM
New Members

My Ride: x5

This is a good question and this should be taken in the sight every time you want to ship something. I've found out that you have to disable the alarm, but don't worry about it, if you forgot, the shipping company will remind you about it, this is what happened to me when I had to transport my car across the country. I was really afraid that it will take a long time, or it will cost me a lot of money, but I was wrong. You can't even believe how fast and reliable could a shipping service be. I found the best car transport service that provides a GPS tracking option that allows you to track your car when it is delivered. I think you should take a closer look, by the way, you will be able to find out what does shipping time mean on their site

Last edited by BorisSutherland; 06-14-2020 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:53 PM
New Members

My Ride: kindle fire

Trusting your car to other people and using delivery is very risky, only if you do not know that this company has been working for a very long time and millions of people are satisfied with it and write comments that they are satisfied with the service. But if you still give it up, then you always need to prepare for the worst, that is, to the fact that the car either gets scratched or won't come to you at all). Just so that this does not happen and tax use the service Shippin a car across the USA where you can order yourself the transportation of a car in a large and spacious truck and professional drivers will sit behind the wheel.

Last edited by EdwardClark; 12-25-2020 at 04:58 AM.