E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Statistics: Manual E61's

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2020, 03:48 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535xi

Originally Posted by TopPMP
None. Maybe a dealer later installed the M-sport kit, but no Monaco Blue has been manufactured by BMW with an M-sport kit.

When you run your VIN, does it show that it has the M-sport option (P337A) ?

that’s not true. I have one. 2010 Monaco blue m sport manual
Old 10-15-2020, 04:47 PM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E61
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Mike Pagnotta
that’s not true. I have one. 2010 Monaco blue m sport manual
Have you run your VIN to confirm?
Old 10-15-2020, 05:41 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 535xi

Originally Posted by Wagon Master
Have you run your VIN to confirm?
yes

Old 12-31-2020, 06:05 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 1985 635CSi 5MT 535Xi Touring 6MT M-Sport
Engine: M30B34 N54B30

Hello everyone,I recently found and bought an E61 for myself for Christmas after nearly giving up on searching for one in the right spec..Did I obtain one of the 3 unobtainium E61's

Bit confused on the bimmer.work results as the pictures show it's a manual,which it is, but it lists it as an automatic.

Thank you in advance and cheers if you're reading this on NYE!

Photo from the original ad

Bimmer.work results

Bimmer.work results

Bimmer.work results

Bimmer.work results

Bimmer.work results

All the original BMW literature,service records/invoices and Bentley service manuals volume 1 and 2

All the original BMW literature,service records/invoices and Bentley service manuals volume 1 and 2

Picture of the car I took during the test drive. (Car came with the style 135 wheels aswell as a set of winter tires with what I think are 335i wheels?)

Picture when I got the car got home.

Pictures of the car when I got home from the first winter drive in it.This vehicle is an absolute tank in the snow.

So icey!

Love those led's

Last edited by Chriserz; 01-01-2021 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-01-2021, 05:41 AM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: N/A
Model Year: N/A
Engine: N/A

Originally Posted by Chriserz
Hello everyone,I recently found bought an E61 for myself for Christmas after nearly giving up on searching for one in the right spec..Did I obtain one of the 3 unobtainium E61's

Bit confused on the bimmer.work results as the pictures show it's a manual,which it is, but it lists it as an automatic.

Thank you in advance and cheers if you're reading this on NYE!

Bimmer.work results

Bimmer.work results

Bimmer.work results

Bimmer.work results

Bimmer.work results

Picture of the car I took during the test drive. (Car came with the style 135 wheels aswell as a set of winter tires with what I think are 335i wheels?)

Pictures of the car when I got home from the first winter drive in it.This vehicle is an absolute tank in the snow.

So icey!

Love those led's
great car ! Congrats. Funny I was dealing on this one a few years back as well. Not sure who ended up buying it back then but the owner before that was absolutely an awesome guy. Car had newer turbos installed at BMW and all kinds of work done to it. Enjoy !
Old 01-01-2021, 09:48 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 1985 635CSi 5MT 535Xi Touring 6MT M-Sport
Engine: M30B34 N54B30

Originally Posted by Smith_Jason
great car ! Congrats. Funny I was dealing on this one a few years back as well. Not sure who ended up buying it back then but the owner before that was absolutely an awesome guy. Car had newer turbos installed at BMW and all kinds of work done to it. Enjoy !
Thank you Jason! I'm absolutely loving this E61 so far, it's everything I thought it would be and more.I was told the turbos were replaced and have the invoices but it's great to get more confirmation!Nice to hear the previous owners seemed to have all taken care of this machine.I think you may have also reached out to the owner who I got the E61 from aswell,She mentioned someone named Jason reaching out to her from the forums or that may just be a coincidence?I've changed the fuel filter on the car as preventative maintenance because I didn't see it listed in the invoices and I also have a new fuel pressure switch on the way aswell.After that the fuel system should be good to go for a while but I'm not sure which index injectors the engine is running, they were changed though
aswell as the highpressure fuel pump...twice!
Old 01-22-2022, 12:50 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 E61 - 6MT + ZMP
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N54

Hi All! I just discovered this thread and read the entire thing so I registered to comment here. I know this is old but hopefully there are still some touring fans kicking around here.

Thanks @TopPMP for putting this info together! I've done a similar project and my numbers tie out with yours, I'll post some new tables here soon.
@Mikenbmer78 I see you're in Tacoma too! Hit me up if you're still living the E61 life.
@p_dhub I WANT your wagon!! Let me know if you're interested in trading for my silver one lol
@Mike Pagnotta Are you sure you don't have Deep Sea Blue? Per the 2010 ordering guide, Monaco wasn't an option with the M Sport Package.
@Chriserz You snagged the only Canadian unobtanium! I have one of the two US copies. I'm trying to figure out what interior trim you have, is that Pentan Aluminum?

And here is what double unobtanium looks like
Old 01-30-2022, 06:51 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535ix touring (E61) Neptune blue, cold weather package, comfort seats, HUD, LDWS, L7 surround system

Originally Posted by BIGGNS
Hi All! I just discovered this thread and read the entire thing so I registered to comment here. I know this is old but hopefully there are still some touring fans kicking around here.

Thanks @TopPMP for putting this info together! I've done a similar project and my numbers tie out with yours, I'll post some new tables here soon.
@Mikenbmer78 I see you're in Tacoma too! Hit me up if you're still living the E61 life.
@p_dhub I WANT your wagon!! Let me know if you're interested in trading for my silver one lol
@Mike Pagnotta Are you sure you don't have Deep Sea Blue? Per the 2010 ordering guide, Monaco wasn't an option with the M Sport Package.
@Chriserz You snagged the only Canadian unobtanium! I have one of the two US copies. I'm trying to figure out what interior trim you have, is that Pentan Aluminum?

And here is what double unobtanium looks like
BIGGINS good for you on getting a manual! I am still loving my E61. We call her Lois. My current adventure is trying to find the lower driver seat cushion in grey Dakota leather so I can just remove and replace. The seat heater stopped working. (Which I totally think was damaged during the recent windshield replacement.) I hope to drive her for many more years. I did install the bimmer-tech android auto/apple car play with the rear view camera last summer. See first picture below. That was a job but it definitely made the car more current and worth the price. It integrated in to the i-drive really well. I listen to Sirius radio and have the unit in the car activated but it will not receive the newer stations which is what I listen to most so the android auto helped with that. Hope you enjoy.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:45 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 E61 - 6MT + ZMP
Engine: N54

Here is one of the unicorns for sale in Minneapolis. Black on Black. Asking $39,900 with 156k miles on it. Pictures don't show the rear cargo cover installed. Dinan tune and VMR wheels added.
WBAPT7C59ACW98286
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...443010116.html

"While the car is good to go as-is, there are a few known issues that are still on the to-do list for the future. Recent service has turned up an oil leak at the valve cover. The valve cover bolts were found to be under torque spec and were re-torqued. This should be monitored. The right side kidney bolster on the driver’s seat is not operating. Also there is a boost code most likely related to the increased boost of the Dinan tune. And due for the next regular service there is a gas tank vent that should be replaced."
Old 02-20-2022, 05:14 AM
New Members

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
My Ride: E61 550i manual gear, panoramic roof, dark blue
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N62 4.8

Yep,....I'm a touring lover as well. Used to have the E34 M5 Touring, the one with the biggest atmospheric 6 BMW ever produced. I'm now owning a manual E61 550i with 96K miles, Monaco Blue and panoramic sunroof.
Notied your remark regarding the binner-tech MMI kit. I beleive they use the aux input which is exactly what i'm trying to prevent as the sound quality using that input is pretty bad. I'm currently considering the Mr12 Volt MOST MMI kit. https://www.mr12volt.com/collections...ce-for-bmw-ccc

Quick Reply: Statistics: Manual E61's