E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:44 AM
JaU
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A proper spring mod would be V10-engine
Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by JaU' post='1048077' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:44 PM
A proper spring mod would be V10-engine
lets not mess around here.... its got to be the G-Power V10
Old 11-06-2009, 09:05 AM
mvd
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E63 650i

Originally Posted by Anzafin' post='1044317
As soon as I saw mvd's post about running a 19" staggered set-up in Finland I knew you'd pop up here again

So mvd, just reply "its great" so Anza can go out and buy that 19" winter set-up he wamts
ITS GREAT...

Not under yet. Maybe next week.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by JaU' post='1048086' date='Nov 5 2009, 08:55 PM
Hi!

Here you are...

Diffusor CF 1

Diff CF 2

Grill 1

Grill 2

Grill 3

Mirror CF

Too many links...Sorry
I thought that I would quote this thread over here just in case anyone is interested in these parts.

The prices are quite good, especially if someone out there is looking for a CF rear diffuser for the M-Sport bumper.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='1044561' date='Nov 1 2009, 12:47 PM
As soon as I saw mvd's post about running a 19" staggered set-up in Finland I knew you'd pop up here again

So mvd, just reply "its great" so Anza can go out and buy that 19" winter set-up he wamts
Haha!

I'm still thinking about it, but I'm probably heading to 18" setup....
Old 11-07-2009, 04:50 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by mvd' post='1048921' date='Nov 6 2009, 07:05 PM
245/35R19 93W XL TL VREDESTEIN WINTRAC EXTREME
275/30R19 96W XL TL VREDESTEIN WINTRAC EXTREME

Wheels:

We'll see...

ITS GREAT...

Not under yet. Maybe next week.

That's a very nice looking rim and obviously the black centre will practical for the dirtly winter months. Great choice Looking forward to seeing the pics...
Old 11-08-2009, 04:15 AM
JaU
Members

Few more plans or recent purchases.

I couldn't resist, so I bought a xenon set for foglights. It is anyway dark over here and now there is
a good reason to use foglights too

Black high gloss kidneys are also waiting on the desk, so I'll have to paint my window mouldings too.
Does anyone know any good, fast and cheap painters (all in one person )??

Pity that my car is black. I think that those CF-parts doesn't jump out from that colour as well as from lighter colours.
Anyway I'll have to get myself new interiour trims. Carbon fiber or aluminium would be nice...I think

Also I would like to that another 19" set with wintertyres. Is there any way to recover polished wheel-lips after winter?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JaU' post='1049977' date='Nov 8 2009, 03:15 PM
Few more plans or recent purchases.

I couldn't resist, so I bought a xenon set for foglights. It is anyway dark over here and now there is
a good reason to use foglights too

Black high gloss kidneys are also waiting on the desk, so I'll have to paint my window mouldings too.
Does anyone know any good, fast and cheap painters (all in one person )??

Pity that my car is black. I think that those CF-parts doesn't jump out from that colour as well as from lighter colours.
Anyway I'll have to get myself new interiour trims. Carbon fiber or aluminium would be nice...I think

Also I would like to that another 19" set with wintertyres. Is there any way to recover polished wheel-lips after winter?

If you do find this all-in-one painter, take your interior rims to him also and ask to to paint piano black, aluminium or what ever colour you prefer.
There is some pictures here in forum at self painted trims and they looked very good, ?m planning to do so to my wood trims
It?s also cheaper and individual option

Those polished lip wheels in winter are pain in the ass as polished aluminium and clear coat is very tender to rock and spike hits
And when clear coat is broken salt water don?t do any good, I have seen some salt watered lips including my own in previous car and was not nice to see..
If such happen only recovery is remove clear coat and re-apply. Right way to go is to have stainless steel lip

Mod plans for me is to lower 30-40mm not sure how yet and get rid of those wood trims. Also some remap would not make any harm but let?s see
Old 11-11-2009, 09:17 AM
JaU
Members

Originally Posted by FIN530D' post='1050930' date='Nov 9 2009, 10:15 PM
If you do find this all-in-one painter, take your interior rims to him also and ask to to paint piano black, aluminium or what ever colour you prefer.
There is some pictures here in forum at self painted trims and they looked very good, ?m planning to do so to my wood trims
It?s also cheaper and individual option

Those polished lip wheels in winter are pain in the ass as polished aluminium and clear coat is very tender to rock and spike hits
And when clear coat is broken salt water don?t do any good, I have seen some salt watered lips including my own in previous car and was not nice to see..
If such happen only recovery is remove clear coat and re-apply. Right way to go is to have stainless steel lip

Mod plans for me is to lower 30-40mm not sure how yet and get rid of those wood trims. Also some remap would not make any harm but let?s see
There ain't such thing as all-in-one painter

My trims are already almost black (can't remember the type) but still they are "wooden". Piano black could be nice, but maybe I'll try to find a new complete set.

No one's not interested to buy my extra wheels, so maybe I can use them with wintertyres anyway. Let's see what happens...

I've almost forgot that I should also install those -35mm springs and re-map. Both are already bought and waiting for installation.
Just an advertisement. I do have a plug&play re-map for you too...
Old 11-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JaU' post='1052488' date='Nov 11 2009, 08:17 PM
I've almost forgot that I should also install those -35mm springs and re-map. Both are already bought and waiting for installation.
Just an advertisement. I do have a plug&play re-map for you too...
Ok so you have a set of H&R or Eibach? Do you have sport or standard suspension because it might get bumpy ride with standard shocks.
I had Eibachs in my E60 with standard shocks and it was not good. Lowering was nice but when bumps on road
Thanks for offering but I prefer programming rather than boxes ....

Quick Reply: Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans