E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Post a NEW picture(s) of your E61

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 01:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Lots of new beauties here, nice!
Old 03-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fixing post...
Old 03-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Members

Checking in from Maine. Lots of nice E61's.

2006 530xi Titanium Silver

Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by Spiralkinder
Might as well post some of my 535d -05 since I'm quite new to the forum.

So nice!!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi wagon. Monaco Blue/Dakota Brown interior, M Package

not new to the forum, and had car for a year, but wanted to post up since I plasti-dipped wheels. looks evil IMO... and for $20 approximately and 3 hours worth of work... can't beat the value and the result. sorry for crappy cell phone pics.

car details are: forged 19" rims on 245/40/19 F and 275/35/19 R. Cusco strut bar (best mod ever, completely strengthend car and improved handling vastly), mildly tinted windows and M5 front clip with some xenon angel eyes and fog lights. wish I could do the rear bumper but I'm so tired of figuring out what the actual process is, who actually did it, whether it works with post-LCI cars that I sort of gave up on it. LOL.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Senior Members

beautiful
and that tyre size is just right. should have been like that from the factory. can't wait to mount my summer wheels.
+100 on the strut bar. makes a big difference on such a heavy car.
have you dropped the suspension and how much? (probably discussed in your thread but anyways)
Old 04-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi wagon. Monaco Blue/Dakota Brown interior, M Package

Originally Posted by mmitev
beautiful
and that tyre size is just right. should have been like that from the factory. can't wait to mount my summer wheels.
+100 on the strut bar. makes a big difference on such a heavy car.
have you dropped the suspension and how much? (probably discussed in your thread but anyways)
Didn't touch the suspension, that the beauty of getting slightly larger tires IMO... Looks just about perfect, without that thin tire or slammed look lowered suspension gives with all the compromises that come with it.... Not to mention cost. Was asked in a private message ow much tint I have.. I believe 28% rear and 45% front windows BC California is so restrictive. Also Including some close up pics of plastidipped wheels... Let me just say they look like professionally painted wheels. Slightly rubbery texture, dirt may not slide off as easily?? Washed them today and covering was hardend and didn't come off even with pretty heavy scrubbing. Considering the reversibility of the whole thing, and the fact it cost less than$20... I can't say why anyone would bother powdercoating.

I now absolutely love the way my car looks... Would do the rear bumper but it's just too much hassle...just going to drive my wicked wagon and move on to oTher stuff.

Peace,

A.

Ps: having trouble attaching pics with iPad, will try again later from pc
Old 04-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Our new angel eyes rings, xenon fogs, and M5Tech front bumper
Old 04-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by alexio
Also Including some close up pics of plastidipped wheels... Let me just say they look like professionally painted wheels. Slightly rubbery texture, dirt may not slide off as easily?? Washed them today and covering was hardend and didn't come off even with pretty heavy scrubbing. Considering the reversibility of the whole thing, and the fact it cost less than$20... I can't say why anyone would bother powdercoating.
great idea with the plastidip stuff.
I wish they had a gunpowder or just mid-grey colour..
Old 04-05-2012, 03:34 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D Tourer - Pre LCI

Some lovely looking cars here chaps.... i'll be doing a full guide soon on fitting front and rear M sports bumpers to the E61 - once i've sourced my grills, watch this space.

Quick Reply: Post a NEW picture(s) of your E61