E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Post a NEW picture(s) of your E61

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Originally Posted by 1Animal1
Yeah i can definately see the benefit over what i have.... hairs are a massive problem and a pain in the back side to get rid of. Once I've sorted all the issues out on the car, the plan is to buy the Mtech bumpers and then purchase one of those black bumper protectors off ebay as the next step... then one of these will defo be on the shopping list.
Instead of the black bumper protectors (I didn't look into them, but had them on our last car, the Mazda3 hatchback), you might want to consider getting clearbra put on the rear bumper. Will be almost invisible, but still protect the paint. There was a website where you can buy a strip called luggage area kit for $50 and DIY (xpel.com), and they're pre-cut, but it just covered the top horizontal part of the bumper. I found a local guy who for $100 installed did a custom cut, and covered the flat part as well as the vertical part of the bumper, in case when the dog's jumping in, her paws/nails scrape against the vertical part too. Came out really well.

I assume these are what you were going to get?
Old 02-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jamiepstewart
Ok, so my picture quality isnt very good. But, I thought I would add this to the party! This is my last '06 530XI. Our current one is missing the wheels and manual transmission.
Loving the "D" sticker And rare colour too, "olive" I presume?
Old 02-29-2012, 03:44 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D Tourer - Pre LCI

Originally Posted by Lotus99
Instead of the black bumper protectors (I didn't look into them, but had them on our last car, the Mazda3 hatchback), you might want to consider getting clearbra put on the rear bumper. Will be almost invisible, but still protect the paint. There was a website where you can buy a strip called luggage area kit for $50 and DIY (xpel.com), and they're pre-cut, but it just covered the top horizontal part of the bumper. I found a local guy who for $100 installed did a custom cut, and covered the flat part as well as the vertical part of the bumper, in case when the dog's jumping in, her paws/nails scrape against the vertical part too. Came out really well.

I assume these are what you were going to get?
Yeah that one is similar...the one I had an eye on was a lot more 'fitted' and without the tacky Jap badging

We have the same sort of covering over here manufactured by 3M, pretty certain its the same stuff... reason i had dismissed it was that claws would actually mark the film permanently causing it to blemish and look bad very quickly...have you had a different experience?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Senior Members

Our film isn't damaged much at all, from what I can see, over 6 months of use. It's only the odd time I guess that her claws will scratch at the paint, if she slips or something. Otherwise, usually, she is quite soft with her paws when jumping in.

Car's being detailed today, so I'll look closer. I'd still rather change the film more frequently though, than put a plastic piece on there, as esthetically I don't like that. On black though, at least, it wouldn't be as noticeable.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Members
Senior Members

I didnt think the trim looked too bad on the SE bumper http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RGM-REAR-G...item3cbc111c0e

As it looks functional... although I am going to be changing to Msport soon so your plan sounds like the better one, any pics?
Old 02-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Senior Members

That does look nice actually, if you do get it. Even with pics, you can't see it though, it's clear!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

How do you know they have put it on?

Oh dear, I'm goin home
Old 03-11-2012, 06:50 PM
New Members

My Ride: 535d M-Sport

Might as well post some of my 535d -05 since I'm quite new to the forum.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Members
Senior Members

loving that mate, its the colour i would have preferred.... nice motor

Incidentely, how did you go about lowering it?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spiralkinder
Might as well post some of my 535d -05 since I'm quite new to the forum.
Tjena!

Welcome to the community! Awesome looking ride you got there.

Quick Reply: Post a NEW picture(s) of your E61