E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

No Torch in Glovebox

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmitev' post='1096153' date='Jan 23 2010, 07:57 AM
Thans. I actually have a black cap where the connector should be. will try to remove it to see whether there is a connector underneath, otherwise I will have to get one of those LED torches from BMW, the problem would be then that I dont want it to roll around the glovebox :-(
I have the same a black plastic cap covering the area where the flashlight should plug into the charger.

I did not remove the cap yet to see if the charger is wired-up behind it, if so then I can buy the flashlight from ebay.

Would be interested to hear if your car has the connector when you remove the cap.

Like I said earlier my other car (E91) has the flashlight, which is very useful as I live in dark countyside. Can't think why BMW didn't install this in E90/91 European model. US models appear to have this fitted already.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Senior Members

I removed the cap and found that the cable is attached to it in the back. So the cable is there with its own connector, but there is no proper connector for the flash light.

I presume you have to buy a connector that goes in the place of the cap, buy the flash light, and then you're done.

I tried to find the connector in Real OEM, but with no luck. No matter how hard I search I only find the black cap, which is number 18 in this scheme:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=51&fg=30

Can anyone help with locating the part number and price of the connector which replaces the cap?
Old 01-26-2010, 03:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mmitev' post='1097841' date='Jan 25 2010, 06:49 PM
I removed the cap and found that the cable is attached to it in the back. So the cable is there with its own connector, but there is no proper connector for the flash light.

I presume you have to buy a connector that goes in the place of the cap, buy the flash light, and then you're done.

I tried to find the connector in Real OEM, but with no luck. No matter how hard I search I only find the black cap, which is number 18 in this scheme:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=51&fg=30

Can anyone help with locating the part number and price of the connector which replaces the cap?
I wonder if you buy the flashlight from BMW it automatically comes with the charger connector that clips to the power cable you mention.

does the power cable have a platic connector type end on it ? Or just a bunch of loose wires ? Any chance you can post a pic ?

If it's a connector then BMW will for sure be able to supply a charge connector that must be easy to push-fit where the platic cap was.

In my E91 this connector is sunk into the hole left by the platic cap, it in not flush or proud of the hole and the connector itself has two brass pins that the flashlight pushes onto.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Senior Members

the cable does have a connector with two round holes, which fits in a moulding on the back of the plastic cap. i presume so that it does not sit loose and rattle while driving.

thats why i made the same conclusion like you - that a connector to replace the cap should be available. i just cannot locate this connector on Real OEM. I doubt that the flash light will come with it.

I will probably call up the dealer in the next days and see what they can find out.