E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

New (again) E61 owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 10:11 AM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: N/A
Model Year: N/A
Engine: N/A

Also, ordered my tailgate harness repair via Sencom the other day. Hope it ships and I can get it here and installed in a timely manner.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:29 AM
New Members

Still waiting on my wiring repair kits. But in the meantime I replaced the front and rear differential oil. As noted you have to suck out the rear fluid. Front drains (weird they did it that way). Straight forward job once you get in there. Replaced all the hex plugs and reinforcement plate bolts. Never done an angle torque before. Bought an adapter to make sure I got the full 90 degrees. Those babies are in there right now. PO has done similar type work and the bolts had red loctite on them.

Last job job I have yet to do is the transfer case fluid. I had a look at it while I was there last night. Drain plug is easy to find. Fill plug is not very accessible though and you have to remove the exhaust, a heat shield and the mount bracket for the transfer case to get at it. Makes the job unnecessarily difficult. If you could access the fill it would be super easy. I’ll make sure I have a full day to do it when it’s time or just get it done same time as my transmission fluid and seals. Which is also on the to do list for next round of maintenance
Old 12-09-2019, 04:07 PM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xiT
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by Smith_Jason
Also, ordered my tailgate harness repair via Sencom the other day. Hope it ships and I can get it here and installed in a timely manner.
I need to do that, did you just order from the website? Did you pay via PayPal or card? What was the damage after shipping and custom taxes or what not?
Old 12-09-2019, 05:14 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Azar
I need to do that, did you just order from the website? Did you pay via PayPal or card? What was the damage after shipping and custom taxes or what not?
I did order from their website, finally arrived today. Took a little over three weeks in the mail. It's 150 Euros for the set plus shipping and duty/taxes from Europe. Not sure how that works in the states but I was charged $60 by UPS for fees. All in it was about $280 Canadian. But, it will be done right and I don't have to solder and heat shrink every damn wire this way.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:42 PM
New Members

Well that didn’t last long. On a bit of a whim I put the car up for sale on Dec. 26. For what I thought was a fair price. Waiting on final payment (on the way) but the car looks to be headed east to Toronto. I’ve made peace with any outcome at this point. I’m hopeful it all goes well and am ready to move on. But if it doesn’t I know what the path forward is that way too. This will get one last update regardless.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:07 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xiT
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by Smith_Jason
Well that didn’t last long. On a bit of a whim I put the car up for sale on Dec. 26. For what I thought was a fair price. Waiting on final payment (on the way) but the car looks to be headed east to Toronto. I’ve made peace with any outcome at this point. I’m hopeful it all goes well and am ready to move on. But if it doesn’t I know what the path forward is that way too. This will get one last update regardless.
Well shucks man, sorry to see you go. Congrats on the quick sale, though!