e61 - central locking/key remote control problems - 5Series.net - Forums

Old 01-21-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
Members

well I have moved on from the original problems (see earlier post) and I have had 23 days of problem free driving, until today, now the car won't lock or unlock using the key remotely. I can lock the car with the key in the lock but the alarm now goes off every time the car is opened. I have tried the spare key and the syptoms are the same.

I am expecting a customer service engineer home visit in the morning (after Mondial tried to send me a chap from a local garage in a recovery wagon that had a broken new V12 S Class on the back - electrical gremlins apparently!)

The series of events experienced with my E61 from early December are taking their toll!!
rob187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #2
KAF
Contributors

Sounds like the programming has gone off, should be a simple matter to reprogram. Can't be a flat bettery as they are rechargeables that charge when in the ignition.
KAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:55 AM   #3
Members

20 minutes before the Customer service chap turned up this morning, the keys worked! The Customer service guy plugged his kit in, found 2 faults (neither directly causing this mysterious problem) tested everything and departed.

Bizarre.....
rob187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:46 AM   #4
KAF
Contributors

That's wht I call service, fixes it before he even gets to you !!
KAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:21 AM   #5
Members

I currently have the same sort of problem. I lock the car with the remote, leave it for a couple of hours and then cannot open with the remote. I have to use the key to unlock the door and then press the unlock button on the remote to disarm the alarm.

Once I have done this I can use the remote to lock and unlock the car without a problem until I lock it and leave it again for a couple of hours.

Really strange. It started happening last Friday after leaving the car in an airport car park for 2 days. When I got back it wouldnt unlock.

Its booked in.

Anyone else had this issue ?
marcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:21 AM   #6
JRS
Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aura' post='227517' date='Jan 21 2006, 08:42 PM
well I have moved on from the original problems (see earlier post) and I have had 23 days of problem free driving, until today, now the car won't lock or unlock using the key remotely. I can lock the car with the key in the lock but the alarm now goes off every time the car is opened. I have tried the spare key and the syptoms are the same.

I am expecting a customer service engineer home visit in the morning (after Mondial tried to send me a chap from a local garage in a recovery wagon that had a broken new V12 S Class on the back - electrical gremlins apparently!)
The series of events experienced with my E61 from early December are taking their toll!!

hi, i had the same problem, it was water coming in to the reciever under backspoiler, the problem whas well known when i talked to assistanse...it is modified and now working great..
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #7
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS' post='372716' date='Jan 1 2007, 01:21 PM
hi, i had the same problem, it was water coming in to the reciever under backspoiler, the problem whas well known when i talked to assistanse...it is modified and now working great..

Hi,

Yep, exactly my words, I got mine fixed last Friday... moisture getting into antenna amplifier...
petri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:52 AM   #8
Members

Hi, i have a 535D from 03/2006 and had one day the same problem ........
It was indeed water that came in the radiocontrol unit under the roofspoiler...

However, in the garage they said to me that this problem (water coming in the unit under the roofspoiler) is solved for all models starting from 09/2005 .........( the bmw factory glued 3 rubber strips on the plastik lid)

What happend with my car ?

Well, one day i went to the trash park, to trow away some things... and it was raining " cats and dogs " ... i opend the boot and let it open for about 10 minutes ..... so the rain that was falling on the boot, ran onder the spoiler ....and in the "radiocontrol unit" from below...

apparently, the problem is fixed for rain that is falling in a normal way on the boot ..........but when the boot is open, and it's raining, then will have problems .........

My "unit" was full of water ...........

the problem with the key started one day after that i let the boot open when it was raining...............
marc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:33 AM   #9
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc7' post='374672' date='Jan 7 2007, 07:52 PM
Hi, i have a 535D from 03/2006 and had one day the same problem ........
It was indeed water that came in the radiocontrol unit under the roofspoiler...

However, in the garage they said to me that this problem (water coming in the unit under the roofspoiler) is solved for all models starting from 09/2005 .........( the bmw factory glued 3 rubber strips on the plastik lid)

What happend with my car ?

Well, one day i went to the trash park, to trow away some things... and it was raining " cats and dogs " ... i opend the boot and let it open for about 10 minutes ..... so the rain that was falling on the boot, ran onder the spoiler ....and in the "radiocontrol unit" from below...

apparently, the problem is fixed for rain that is falling in a normal way on the boot ..........but when the boot is open, and it's raining, then will have problems .........

My "unit" was full of water ...........

the problem with the key started one day after that i let the boot open when it was raining...............

Yes,

That's just what happened to me... I left boot open in heavy rain (while loadin items into car)... When I closed the boot, water poured into me... pants got wet
...always close the boot when finished loading/unloading during heavy rain...
petri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:17 AM   #10
Members

Hi there;

I got a key/remote control problem; I lost my key, after 2days I found it. It was under a heavy table, that table keeps pressing on the key bottoms continuously for tow days.

I tried to open my car of E60 E520i 7/2004, using that key but it does not work.

I used my spare key it works.

I thought the battery inside that key is dead.

My question is: Is there battery inside the remote key, if yes, How can I open that key professionally & replace that dead battery.

Any one can help.

Waiting!!!
Thanks & Brgds;
Qubaisi
qubaisi is offline   Reply With Quote