E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

e61 - central locking/key remote control problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 525d SE Touring, 2005, Silver Grey, Sports Suspension, 18" SE Alloys, Auto, Dakota Grey Leather with heated front seats, Electric tailgate, Privacy Glass rear doors and all rear glass, Bluetooth kit Previous 2003 E39 525d Sport Touring, manual, Titanium Silver, black leather, privacy glass.

well I have moved on from the original problems (see earlier post) and I have had 23 days of problem free driving, until today, now the car won't lock or unlock using the key remotely. I can lock the car with the key in the lock but the alarm now goes off every time the car is opened. I have tried the spare key and the syptoms are the same.

I am expecting a customer service engineer home visit in the morning (after Mondial tried to send me a chap from a local garage in a recovery wagon that had a broken new V12 S Class on the back - electrical gremlins apparently!)

The series of events experienced with my E61 from early December are taking their toll!!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:46 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Sounds like the programming has gone off, should be a simple matter to reprogram. Can't be a flat bettery as they are rechargeables that charge when in the ignition.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:55 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 525d SE Touring, 2005, Silver Grey, Sports Suspension, 18" SE Alloys, Auto, Dakota Grey Leather with heated front seats, Electric tailgate, Privacy Glass rear doors and all rear glass, Bluetooth kit Previous 2003 E39 525d Sport Touring, manual, Titanium Silver, black leather, privacy glass.

20 minutes before the Customer service chap turned up this morning, the keys worked! The Customer service guy plugged his kit in, found 2 faults (neither directly causing this mysterious problem) tested everything and departed.

Bizarre.....
Old 01-22-2006, 06:46 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

That's wht I call service, fixes it before he even gets to you !!
Old 12-05-2006, 04:21 AM
Members

I currently have the same sort of problem. I lock the car with the remote, leave it for a couple of hours and then cannot open with the remote. I have to use the key to unlock the door and then press the unlock button on the remote to disarm the alarm.

Once I have done this I can use the remote to lock and unlock the car without a problem until I lock it and leave it again for a couple of hours.

Really strange. It started happening last Friday after leaving the car in an airport car park for 2 days. When I got back it wouldnt unlock.

Its booked in.

Anyone else had this issue ?
Old 01-01-2007, 02:21 AM
JRS
Members

Originally Posted by The Aura' post='227517' date='Jan 21 2006, 08:42 PM
well I have moved on from the original problems (see earlier post) and I have had 23 days of problem free driving, until today, now the car won't lock or unlock using the key remotely. I can lock the car with the key in the lock but the alarm now goes off every time the car is opened. I have tried the spare key and the syptoms are the same.

I am expecting a customer service engineer home visit in the morning (after Mondial tried to send me a chap from a local garage in a recovery wagon that had a broken new V12 S Class on the back - electrical gremlins apparently!)
The series of events experienced with my E61 from early December are taking their toll!!

hi, i had the same problem, it was water coming in to the reciever under backspoiler, the problem whas well known when i talked to assistanse...it is modified and now working great..
Old 01-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (born 11/04) 525i Touring: jet black, bi-xenons, sports suspension, extended air conditioning. Retrofits: hinged cubby hole, AUX-input, generic I-Drive video interface (a.k.a. xbox-e60) Warranty repairs: software update, door seals replaced, loose aluminium trim fixed. Repairs: Self-levelling compressor.

Originally Posted by JRS' post='372716' date='Jan 1 2007, 01:21 PM
hi, i had the same problem, it was water coming in to the reciever under backspoiler, the problem whas well known when i talked to assistanse...it is modified and now working great..

Hi,

Yep, exactly my words, I got mine fixed last Friday... moisture getting into antenna amplifier...
Old 01-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Members

My Ride: E 61 535D Carbonblack/sportpack ....03/2006 black leather,comfort seat's,pappel mauser brown wood trim,tinted windows,radio prof.,6 CD charger,sound system,...... history: 1989 : 320i 1991 : 318i 1993 : 525i 1997 : 525tds 1999 : 528i 2001 : 328i coupé 2002 : 728i 2006 : 535d

Hi, i have a 535D from 03/2006 and had one day the same problem ........
It was indeed water that came in the radiocontrol unit under the roofspoiler...

However, in the garage they said to me that this problem (water coming in the unit under the roofspoiler) is solved for all models starting from 09/2005 .........( the bmw factory glued 3 rubber strips on the plastik lid)

What happend with my car ?

Well, one day i went to the trash park, to trow away some things... and it was raining " cats and dogs " ... i opend the boot and let it open for about 10 minutes ..... so the rain that was falling on the boot, ran onder the spoiler ....and in the "radiocontrol unit" from below...

apparently, the problem is fixed for rain that is falling in a normal way on the boot ..........but when the boot is open, and it's raining, then will have problems .........

My "unit" was full of water ...........

the problem with the key started one day after that i let the boot open when it was raining...............
Old 01-28-2007, 06:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (born 11/04) 525i Touring: jet black, bi-xenons, sports suspension, extended air conditioning. Retrofits: hinged cubby hole, AUX-input, generic I-Drive video interface (a.k.a. xbox-e60) Warranty repairs: software update, door seals replaced, loose aluminium trim fixed. Repairs: Self-levelling compressor.

Originally Posted by marc7' post='374672' date='Jan 7 2007, 07:52 PM
Hi, i have a 535D from 03/2006 and had one day the same problem ........
It was indeed water that came in the radiocontrol unit under the roofspoiler...

However, in the garage they said to me that this problem (water coming in the unit under the roofspoiler) is solved for all models starting from 09/2005 .........( the bmw factory glued 3 rubber strips on the plastik lid)

What happend with my car ?

Well, one day i went to the trash park, to trow away some things... and it was raining " cats and dogs " ... i opend the boot and let it open for about 10 minutes ..... so the rain that was falling on the boot, ran onder the spoiler ....and in the "radiocontrol unit" from below...

apparently, the problem is fixed for rain that is falling in a normal way on the boot ..........but when the boot is open, and it's raining, then will have problems .........

My "unit" was full of water ...........

the problem with the key started one day after that i let the boot open when it was raining...............

Yes,

That's just what happened to me... I left boot open in heavy rain (while loadin items into car)... When I closed the boot, water poured into me... pants got wet
...always close the boot when finished loading/unloading during heavy rain...
Old 01-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Members

Hi there;

I got a key/remote control problem; I lost my key, after 2days I found it. It was under a heavy table, that table keeps pressing on the key bottoms continuously for tow days.

I tried to open my car of E60 E520i 7/2004, using that key but it does not work.

I used my spare key it works.

I thought the battery inside that key is dead.

My question is: Is there battery inside the remote key, if yes, How can I open that key professionally & replace that dead battery.

Any one can help.

Waiting!!!
Thanks & Brgds;
Qubaisi

Quick Reply: e61 - central locking/key remote control problems