E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Kill the f**ker

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by AMG
Well, my incident was not as mindless as in your case, but I've been on the receiving end of >£2k worth of damage thanks to a myopic van driver. A couple of months ago I'd left the car parked outside my house (on street parking only around here). A neighbour knocked on the door to tell me someone had clipped the corner of it and driven off - he'd seen the whole thing (but not been able to get the registration).

The guy has damaged the rear bumper (probably repairable), rear quarter panel, and broken the light. The paint is broken and the crease crosses the swage line of the wing, so no chance of a 'paintless' repair method. As it was in for service a couple of days later I got the dealer to quote: £2200 - but that is BMW prices.

After an inordinate amount of time trying to track down the company responsible, I've given up and now accept this is going to have to come out of my own pocket.

Sorry to hear that.

It seems to be only way to protect ourselves by installing some of the CCTV sets, if you have one and if you could read the registration......

There is really no help against people stupidity
Old 05-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

American History X curve stomp that fucker
Old 07-15-2012, 01:56 PM
AMG
Members

Originally Posted by madein
Sorry to hear that.

It seems to be only way to protect ourselves by installing some of the CCTV sets, if you have one and if you could read the registration......

There is really no help against people stupidity
...aaaaaand......it's happened again. As per my post in the "new pictures" thread, it's been hit once more by a someone that elected to drive away rather than do the decent thing. What is it with people?

In other news, I'm in an f10 for a couple of weeks; lovely engine and 'box (525d, 8 speed auto) but flimsy interior details let it down. SE spec and taller tyres make it a lot more relaxing ride than the m-sport of the E61. Somehow it also manages to be more economical than mine; a recent 145 mile round trip I routinely do returned 48 mpg average against around 44 mpg in the 520d. Looking forward to getting mine back though!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Members

yup I've had the same thing, although luckily just had paint rub against and no real damage. however I got three different episodes all on HD CCTV. two of them where from large companies which coughed up the cash for the bumper respray. The third was a freaking idiot of a bin man who tried to pull two bins through a gap barely big enough for one. I got the whole thing on CCTV and the wagon needed another resort - Brent council picked up the bill completely. I actually saw the fecker do it and he denied it!!!!!!