E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Reset option for Maintenance Lights only "OK"

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 09:46 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i
Default No Reset option for Maintenance Lights only "OK"

Hi Guys,

Iv got an issue that I was hoping you could help me out with. I have a 2004 545i with 83k that I have had for about a week now. When I purchased it all of the maintenance lights were on in Idrive and on the ! triangle on the cluster. The guy had informed me that the better recently died and he had not rest the lights. I drove the car home and smogged it that same day with no issues.

The next day I came out trying to reset the lights but the lights would reset using the method below. while I was trying to reset the lights I killed the battery. I pulled it out and it tested bad so I replaced it. I did not get the same battery and the new battery is not registered to this car yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=*****Ual5Vo

However the issue that I am experiencing all of the Maintenance lights are currently on and none of them will reset. I set the time and date through iDrive, went through cluster reset procedure but I never see the "Reset" option. The only thing I see is "ok" but this does not do anything. I also noticed the mileage for everything seems to be blank. In the drive menu it also says "it has been _ _ _ miles since your last" Here is video that I took of my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
_a_
Old 03-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 294 Likes on 283 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

If you follow the procedure correctly you will see it. Look at the video a couple times and rest them.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:56 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by seanjordan20
If you follow the procedure correctly you will see it. Look at the video a couple times and rest them.
Iv tried many many times. I believe the difference here is every single maintenance light is on and none of them give the option of "Reset". I believe "OK" seems to be the issue and the mileage listed is always _ _ _ _ _.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Why is every light on. We're the services due. Have you changed the services in the iDrive. Is your odometer correct. If I'm correct you've changed your battery but you said not with the same specs. Is it at least a battery that can handle a BMW.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Ok I just looked at the video. I thought it was a video of the reset procedure but it is of you showing your issue. First thing I noticed was your mileage next to 000.0. I've never seen that. Has some coding been done to it. You need to hook it up to a computer with INPA and reset the values. Once you reset the odometer you should be good. For some reason it is not seeing your mileage
Old 03-14-2015, 05:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

Looks like you got a tamper dot on the odo....
Old 03-14-2015, 07:18 PM
twh
Members
Senior Members

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi 6MT
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Could the car be in Transport mode? That's a pre-delivery mode that does some strange things.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:56 AM
New Members

Is it at least a battery that can handle a BMW.
The day I purchased the car guy had shown me the lights and told me the battery had recently died. I drove the car 50 miles that day, smogged and registered it in the same day. I let the car sit for a few days and the battery died. It was 6 years old and it tested bad so I replaced it with a Walmart Everstart H8 battery. My intentions were to register the new battery with the car.

Has some coding been done to it. You need to hook it up to a computer with INPA and reset the values. Once you reset the odometer you should be good. For some reason it is not seeing your mileage
Im not sure if the car has ever had any coding done to it. I purchased a $20 coding cable that didn't work at all for me so I returned it. Im bidding on a BPM cable on ebay right now so when I get it I will attempt to reset the odometer.

Originally Posted by ETNav382
Looks like you got a tamper dot on the odo....
Thats interesting. The mileage on the car seems to match what the DMV has on record so I really hope this is on due to the battery issues.

Last edited by BMW565; 03-15-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:43 PM
New Members

Alright guys some help would be greatly appreciated, I got INPA working but now Im not really sure what to reset. Any advice on what to reset would be greatly appreciated. Is there a master reset for everything?

So far Iv cleared the error memory but with no luck.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:09 AM
New Members

My Ride: bmw e60

Actually what you have is the tamper dot. And the cluster in your car is not your car cluster. The guy who sold you the car either now about that or he could be like you. The millage shown in the cluster is not matching what been stored in your car computer's or module.
I do have the same problem now because my cluster drain battery and keep the car awake. So I change the cluster with used one from the Junkyard. And now all the services record on idrive marked with yellow triangle.
Do some research for tamper dot. You'll find more information.

Quick Reply: No Reset option for Maintenance Lights only "OK"