E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Kikoeta E61 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 03:50 PM
New Members

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 535xi Touring
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54
Post January 2023 Update: BMS Charge Pipe Issues + Rare Parts Manufacturer W

Hello again! Unfortunately, we meet under unfortunate circumstances, and I regret that I didn't do my research before buying.

I bought a Burger Motorsports OEM diverter valve charge pipe and it does not fit in the slightest. It pinches the power steering lines to a point I'm uncomfortable with, and I'm not going to bang in a brand-new pipe because the manufacturer made a mistake. There's a review about being able to "wiggle the lines out of the way", which is very misleading. You would need to reroute and relocate the power steering reservoir to even begin to try and get it to fit. The ports are in the wrong location for the DV as well, almost 30 degrees of rotation away from where they should be facing. Maybe that's why they were on sale for $79

HOWEVER!! They have fixed the issue to say that these pipes do NOT fit the 535xi! You can note the "535 N54 w/ OEM DV" title of the part in the screenshot of my confirmation email below.

Contrast this with the updated item description:

Safe to say that I will be getting an Evolution Racewerks diverter valve charge pipe instead, and I will update you on the fitment of it as well. I'm a bit miffed that my pockets will hurt more, but buy once cry once, as they say. Thanks to Burger Motorsports for fixing their item descriptions!

Happy wrenching!