E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

finally arrived

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06' 530xi E61 Saphire Black / Dakota Black - aluminum 11' A4 Avant 2.0T Brilliant Black / Black - aluminum

Very nice car and I like the equipement you choose as well!

Looking good my friend!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

Thank you guys for your appreciation..I am very happy with this car.

for general information:
this is the black interior trim, no wood...
I didn't choose the pano roof because my last touring had it and I was disappointed with it. too much problems and it's proven that the pano roof let water flood the battery compartment,when the roof drain is blocked.Even the new GT has problems with it. I've read about one case ,when on a test drive the pano roof exploded whilst driving on the Autobahn at 180km/h..

The most beautiful thing is when you get in to the car and you can formally smell the new car..specially the new leather...

This morning I floored it for the first time, needless to say, my grin was way too big for my face

Ivano
Old 01-05-2010, 05:00 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by ivano' post='1083830' date='Jan 4 2010, 09:56 AM
Thank you guys for your appreciation..I am very happy with this car.

for general information:
this is the black interior trim, no wood...
I didn't choose the pano roof because my last touring had it and I was disappointed with it. too much problems and it's proven that the pano roof let water flood the battery compartment,when the roof drain is blocked.Even the new GT has problems with it. I've read about one case ,when on a test drive the pano roof exploded whilst driving on the Autobahn at 180km/h..

The most beautiful thing is when you get in to the car and you can formally smell the new car..specially the new leather...

This morning I floored it for the first time, needless to say, my grin was way too big for my face

Ivano

great to hear you're loving you new toy and can now finally give it some

In my LCI 525d I also opted for the black high-gloss trim. It is not as deep black as the very expensive Individual Piano black trim, however its free of charge and still looks great It looks particularly good IMHO when you are creating that "bi-colour" look on the interior, like you have with yours. (Just don't let people touch it; you see every finger print )
Old 01-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

I have to admit, indeed it's very difficult to keep clean.
I told my girlfriend not to touch it

just yesterday I saw that the interior trim is painted with sparkle,like little silver powder in it..very nice and not to recognize in the first.
When I first configured the interior on bmw.de I had to choose between all cream beige or cream-beige /black,then I started to think about winter time and always dirty shoes and stuff..instantly rejected the idea.

Maybe when the trim starts to annoying me, I will wrap it in cf-wrap,like I did with my last car, but for the first I am overwhelmed of the beauty

It's such a shame that I have to work all day when the sun is shining. I would rather drive around and enjoy the car.
When I drive home from work it's almost dark outside..
I hope it gets warmer, so I can enjoy it more and more.
The best thing for now is the heated steering wheel. this morning it was -14?C. My car stands outside, I don't have a garage.
It felt like heaven

@xBMWx: btw, how is your 550 going? hope you brought this puppy safely home to denmark^^

Ivano
Old 01-16-2010, 04:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by ivano' post='1084421' date='Jan 5 2010, 04:04 PM
I have to admit, indeed it's very difficult to keep clean.

@xBMWx: btw, how is your 550 going? hope you brought this puppy safely home to denmark^^

Ivano

The 550i is now waiting patiently in the garage to get its Danish plates, but have been out with it a couple of times here. I have to admit, its hard work keeping to the speed limit I am driving to Cologne in a couple of weeks time, so that will be about 1500km round trip with lots of Autobahn -- looking forward to that drive

I happened to stumble across this pic and thought it might interest you, as you have the M167s listed as a possible future mod for summer. In the past I did not like these rims as much as others, such as M166 and 128, but more recently I have grown really fond of them, especially on the E61s --- and the great thing is, you do not need any spacers if you get them with the M6 offsets So, this is what YOUR car could look like this summer -- and I think it looks great

finally arrived-e61_white_m_sport_m167s_side.jpg

Hope you're still enjoying your new pride and joy, even if it is a little dirty

Old 01-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Contributors

Man this looks stunning!
I think I found my new summer wheels
Thanks for the hint!
Well, now that it's a little bit warmer in Germany,I cleaned my car and waxed it.Not it feels a lot better to come out in the morning and getting in
last weeks top accesoire was the heated steering wheel, this weeks top accesoire is the sport-button .
Makes a lot of fun on the autobahn!!
The consumption settled down to 12.5L/100km.
It's ok for me..

next month I will report new mods.. first of all cf-roof

Ivano
Old 01-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ivano' post='1092724' date='Jan 18 2010, 08:54 AM
Man this looks stunning!
I think I found my new summer wheels
Thanks for the hint!
Well, now that it's a little bit warmer in Germany,I cleaned my car and waxed it.Not it feels a lot better to come out in the morning and getting in
last weeks top accesoire was the heated steering wheel, this weeks top accesoire is the sport-button .
Makes a lot of fun on the autobahn!!
The consumption settled down to 12.5L/100km.
It's ok for me..

next month I will report new mods.. first of all cf-roof

Ivano
you ARE enjoying that car!! ...my V8 is currently at 12,8L and you're running one of those efficient LCI 6 cylinder models enjoy!

(OK, I admit when I was still in Germany with the car it was closer to 14L/100km )
Old 01-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Contributors

hey ivano,

congrats to that beautiful car!!

i myself flew out to dusseldorf to testdrive a car with sportsautmoatik - the sports button is worth every cent of the 150 eur it costs over the standard automatic.. amazing... i am just surprised why not everyone takes this cheap option.

i had a white e60 myself (http://www.syed.at/520da) - i loved it. white with sports edition, m5 mirrors, m5/m6 wheels - yummy... now we are talking

here some pics i save for the lonely evenings

greetings from austria.

btw. if you are looking for a good place to customize your exhaust (like 4 pipe exhaust of a m5), there is a place in mainz where i had my 335 look exhaust done for my 330. check out the guys: www.insideperformance.de -> those guys do anything (provided you have the right diffusor)

finally arrived-e61_white_m_sport_m167s_side.jpg
finally arrived-2173xc0.jpg
finally arrived-2238.jpg
Old 01-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 530i M-Sport Carbon Black, black Dakota leather, advantage, comfort and M-Sport package, comfort seats, sport automatic transmission, alarm system, rails, folding and auto dimming mirrors, PDC, xenons, hi-fi loudspeaker system, USB interface, detachable towbar, navi pro, bluetooth phone prep. light package.

Damn!.....AW E61 with M167's, it doesn't get better than this.