E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Evan's E61 Build: Pics, Updates, and Wagon Love for All

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 10:00 AM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Now you just need the SAT shifter. You don't get the full effect of that SAT flash until "SPORT" lights up on the dash.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:44 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: E61 with all the mods
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

The interior got some love today. More beige out, more black in!

I picked up some second hand door panels off eBay, these were from an M5 (I can add another oem M5 part to my growing list) and arrived in very good condition, after some TLC they cleaned up nicely. My doors were beige and wanted black doors with beige inserts: A) I like having more black in the cabin and when the leather inserts contrast the door color the design really pops and I like the way it flows visually.

I thought the inserts would be easily removable, NOPE! The process took a while and was tedious but thankfully it wasn't difficult or awkward. I transferred my beige inserts to the black doors and kept the Dirac speaker grills as I prefer them aesthetically. The other doors I have seen done in this configuration have black plastic for the latch and airbag plug, I kept my beige as it flows better.

Evan

BEFORE

AFTER
Old 07-05-2015, 06:07 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi wagon

I must say . Your wagon is the ultimate inspiration for me to start changes on my wagon .I never really read an entire thread,but you have changed that . Will definitely be consulting with you on my changes only the way . A true quality build . I vote best wagon for you Bro!
Old 07-09-2015, 07:17 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60wagon
I must say . Your wagon is the ultimate inspiration for me to start changes on my wagon .I never really read an entire thread,but you have changed that . Will definitely be consulting with you on my changes only the way . A true quality build . I vote best wagon for you Bro!
Thanks, glad you like it!

I am happy to help out fellow enthusiasts with their modding but I strongly suggest getting some extensive research done and then coming to me with specific questions, I am able to help you much more efficiently.

There have been some people coming to me and asking if "these" wheels will fit. There are so many variables to consider and some decisions which must be made based on personal preference so I send them back to Google to get their ducks in a row so I can then help them.

You are active on the forums so you are off to a great start!

Evan
Old 07-09-2015, 07:35 AM
Members
Senior Members

With my Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP and TBI I am able to run full E85 with my stock turbos. The added power is great but the convenience of not blending tanks is almost more appreciated! Unfortunately my stock turbos are starting to tank; they perform well but are making some horrendous noises and smoking has increased significantly. As a precautionary measure I ordered some RBs....

Evan

When my KW blew it leaked oil all over the steering knuckle and the various components, it was overdue but I ordered some replacement pads for the front brakes. These are the same pads I am already running, they are not super grabby (I like) and they are low dust. I found the pads for $50.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Evan, which specific PosiQuiets are those? They make them in Ceramic and Semi Metallic (which is what the tech recommended to me to get).
Attached Thumbnails Evan's  E61 Build:  Pics, Updates, and Wagon Love for All-centric-brake-pads.jpg  
Old 07-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Members
Senior Members

Semi Metallic
Old 07-13-2015, 05:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Your wagon is phenomenal. Kudos to your meticulous work.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:05 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wtlb
Your wagon is phenomenal. Kudos to your meticulous work.
Glad you like it! There is more to come!

Evan
Old 07-15-2015, 08:47 PM
New Members

My Ride: E61 535 M-Sport
Model Year: 2010

Was the clunking you were complaining about earlier the sign of the KW unit failing? One of my front V3's is leaking :/

What is your plan for repair/rebuild or something different altogether with suspension?

Quick Reply: Evan's E61 Build: Pics, Updates, and Wagon Love for All