E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

E61 heater help needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2023, 02:25 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 525i 3.0 LCI
Default E61 heater help needed

Hello,

Is there someone who can help me??

Have the following problem;
When I set the climate control to cold, I have cold air on the left side of the car. On the right side medium warm to warm air. ( i did change the temp on the panel aswell in the idrive to cold!!)
Windshield left ; cold air
Windscreen right ; hot air
Face left; cold air
Face center medium warm air
Face Right; medium warm air
Feet left: cold air
Feet right : medium warm air

Malfunctions;
9C55 : humidity sensor
9C6E : hot water valve on the right
9C54 : harmful substance sensor (AUC)

Have already done the following;
Replace hot water valve / heat control valve
Control of HCV checked (sometimes i do have the feeling is not working propperly, the new as the old one!!)
Have the air conditioner pressured and filled
Swapped the climate control unit / opperator)

The weird thing is; fault 9C6E should actually be gone to replace the water valve. Right??!

Anyone else had this problem or know what to do with it?
Now with the warm days coming up, warm "air conditioning" is not so nice.

Might be the KBM unit? Might be anything stuck? Might be.....?????

Concerns a BMW E61 - 2007
Old 05-11-2023, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 287 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

This is a hard one. When my heater valve went out I never got a code. I felt the lines going to the firewall and they were warm when the a/c was on so I knew it was bad once changed it started working as normal. The only thing I can think of is a wiring a issue or blend door motor issue. If your compressor pressures are correct and you are sure the replacement IHKA is good then change the AUC sensor since it needs to be replaced anyway and see if that gets it going like it should. It has to be that or the humidity sensor that's causing the issue
Old 05-11-2023, 05:49 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by seanjordan20
This is a hard one. When my heater valve went out I never got a code. I felt the lines going to the firewall and they were warm when the a/c was on so I knew it was bad once changed it started working as normal. The only thing I can think of is a wiring a issue or blend door motor issue. If your compressor pressures are correct and you are sure the replacement IHKA is good then change the AUC sensor since it needs to be replaced anyway and see if that gets it going like it should. It has to be that or the humidity sensor that's causing the issue

thanks!
how do trouble shoot that?
and why wiring isue? Wires should be oke. And motor: should be strange , the rest is working?

ihka is changed! 100% new

Old 05-11-2023, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

The only thing you can troubleshoot is the motors. You can do that in INPA or ISTA. There's no need to test the AUC or humidity sensors because from the codes they are not working. The AUC sensor is known to affect the a/c temp so I'd start there. The only way to test the AUC sensor is in ISTA and I don't think it worth testing since it already gave the code. The are known to go bad around 10 years old.

I said wiring because the heater valve if bad and was replaced should of went away instantly so the code may be trying to tell you something else is wrong. Double check the connector for corrosion around it to ensure there is no brake in the immediate line.
Old 05-11-2023, 07:19 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by seanjordan20
The only thing you can troubleshoot is the motors. You can do that in INPA or ISTA. There's no need to test the AUC or humidity sensors because from the codes they are not working. The AUC sensor is known to affect the a/c temp so I'd start there. The only way to test the AUC sensor is in ISTA and I don't think it worth testing since it already gave the code. The are known to go bad around 10 years old.

I said wiring because the heater valve if bad and was replaced should of went away instantly so the code may be trying to tell you something else is wrong. Double check the connector for corrosion around it to ensure there is no brake in the immediate line.
Thanks again.
Did order the AUC and fog sensor.
Both because there ginving the fault. Have to start somewhere

Also ordered a used KBM. Might be something blown inside?

The one thing i still dont understand, how do i still get the code 9C6E, since the valve is new.
Did check the connector, seems fine??? Something is will work and something it wont!! On both, the new and the old one!

So thats why i ordered a KBM, might be a bad relay?

Not sure, but dont know where to search anymore.

Now waiting for fog and AUC, hope they will solve it
Old 05-11-2023, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think KBM is the issue. It's not reporting anything from what I see