E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

E61 535xi badge placement.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 11:22 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: E39 M5
Model Year: 2003
Default E61 535xi badge placement.

When I purchased my E61, it already had the badges shaved off. I would like to put the badges back on. I have ordered a new set from BMW, but need to know proper placement. Can someone please get me some proper measurements on where exactly the 535xi is located on tailgate?
Old 02-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Can't help you out anymore! Just debadged mine for the Euro look!

Plus, I like to keep them guessing as to what car it was that just spanked them!
Old 02-10-2015, 02:49 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Lotus99
Can't help you out anymore! Just debadged mine for the Euro look!

Plus, I like to keep them guessing as to what car it was that just spanked them!
Thanks for posting that you CAN'T help me..... Well done......
Old 02-10-2015, 05:06 AM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: 535xi Wagon
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by timmay77
Thanks for posting that you CAN'T help me..... Well done......
haha not sure why you would want to put the badges back nice clean look with them off, when visiting the welt there were no badges on a lot of the cars but to each there own.

Here you go, after search just click over to images the first two should work for you along with 1000's of other images google can provide.... - It's a Google search, no way!
Old 02-10-2015, 05:30 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Island Road
haha not sure why you would want to put the badges back nice clean look with them off, when visiting the welt there were no badges on a lot of the cars but to each there own.

Here you go, after search just click over to images the first two should work for you along with 1000's of other images google can provide.... - It's a Google search, no way!
I have no intentions of taking my car to "the welt", but thanks for the local update on badge etiquette there. Why would I want to put it back on? It's my car, why shouldn't matter.....

Thank you so much for the google search, I hadn't thought of that. All of the pictures found in your search show me EXACT placement of the badge accompanied with a measuring tape and measurements of exactly where the badge should be placed. In no way is it vague or just "stick it where you think it looks like in that there picture...."

I can see I am wasting my time here. I will move to another forum where members enjoy helping each other. It's a shame since this sub section is dedicated to the E61. Maybe it's just that no one here knows how to use a tape measure? Oh well, carry on.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:12 AM
Senior Members

I have no intentions of taking my car to "the welt", but thanks for the local update on badge etiquette there. Why would I want to put it back on? It's my car, why shouldn't matter.....

Thank you so much for the google search, I hadn't thought of that. All of the pictures found in your search show me EXACT placement of the badge accompanied with a measuring tape and measurements of exactly where the badge should be placed. In no way is it vague or just "stick it where you think it looks like in that there picture...."

I can see I am wasting my time here. I will move to another forum where members enjoy helping each other. It's a shame since this sub section is dedicated to the E61. Maybe it's just that no one here knows how to use a tape measure? Oh well, carry on.
You clearly spend next to no time here anyway, given your replies. You'd have seen I help out plenty otherwise. When was the last time you actually contributed? LOL. I looked up your last post, and it was another gem calling a member a name who replied to your question about whether the rear air springs were a wearable item with "Everthing has a lifespan":

Thank you Gandhi......

I guess I will just replace them and see what the old ones look like since it seems no one here as done the job.

You're right, there's no place here for people who have no sense of humour, are grumpy, don't like to hear any opinions, and don't contribute.

PS

Last edited by Lotus99; 02-10-2015 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:37 AM
New Members

You clearly spend next to no time here anyway, given your replies. You'd have seen I help out plenty otherwise. When was the last time you actually contributed? LOL. I looked up your last post, and it was another gem calling a member a name who replied to your question about whether the rear air springs were a wearable item with "Everthing has a lifespan":

I've owned the car for about 6 months, and have only done the basic mods which are already documented again and again on this and other forums. I didn't think adding another DCI install would be beneficial to the forum. I did however post my review of the CKS coilovers. Wouldn't that be considered a contribution? If my contribution to forums is in question, Google Timmay77, Timmayfest, or Tim's M5. I think you will find I contribute plenty when I actually know what I am talking about. I can answer anything you need to know about the E39 M5 because I've done just about everything under the sun there is to do to that platform. I just started messing with the E61. I guess I missed it in the forum rules where you have to contribute before anyone will help you out.

I called the other member a name? Gandhi? That was the humor part you talk about. His comment "everything has a lifespam" was something Gandhi would say. Funny to me. He didn't seem to take offense to it.

Based on your contributions in this thread, I can see how you are a vital asset on this forum. Not everyone can make a witty meme.

You're right, there's no place here for people who have no sense of humour, are grumpy, don't like to hear any opinions, and don't contribute.

PS

Happy to hear opinions from members, but you have contributed nothing, AT ALL, to this thread except drama. As momma always said, if you have nothing nice to say........
Pleas see above. It amazes me how a simple measurement request turned into a pi$$ing match.

Btw, I found my answer. If I feel like contributing, maybe I will post up the pictures displaying the proper measurements so they can be used in the future.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:58 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW

The reason it turned into a pissing match is your tone.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:32 PM
Senior Members

Why is he still here? LOL. He said he was going to move on! Guess he missed us!

With his average posting history of one every 3 months though, I think we won't be seeing him for a while.

Last edited by Lotus99; 02-11-2015 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:52 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by RIHI
The reason it turned into a pissing match is your tone.
I apologize for my "tone". I am known for "calling them as I see them". So far, every reply except for my own have been pointless gibberish. Forgive me for not being a bowl full of sunshine.

Why is he still here? LOL. He said he was going to move on! Guess he missed us!

With his average posting history of one every 3 months though, I think we won't be seeing him for a while.
Please read post #7 again, apparently you missed it the first time.........

Quick Reply: E61 535xi badge placement.