E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

DSC malfunction + CC + total failure 525D LCI

Old 01-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 525D TOURING LCI M-sport, Spacegrau with black dakota leather, head-up, adaptive cc, night vision, and many more options.

Hey Guys,

Finally I am able to fully use my Beemer (525DT LCI), but after 2000 km I had to be picked up from the side of the highway due to malfunction....

Did anyone have this before:

Driving on highway with cruise control on. All of a sudden a warning sign on the head-up display for malfuntion of DSC, then 2 seconds later, malfunction of cruise control, which indeed was the case. Then 5 seconds later, complete failure. Engine not running anymore (i.e. no reaction on gas pedal). I had to stop the car on the side of the highway. I took the key out, and reput it in....all malfuntions gone. So I drove off again.... 1 kilometer later, same problem again.

This time I was able to start the car, but could not touch the accelator (this would stop the engine). The motormanagement indicator stayed on this time, and impossible to move the car. So for the first time in my life, I had to call highway service to tow me away.... since it is Saturday until Monday I will not know what is going on.... Anyone had this same problem???

In addition, to take out some cd's from the cd changer (to enjoy the weekend) proved to be impossible. The changer did not want to open.... might this be linked to the rest of the (electronics) malfunctions?

Curious to hear of any of the LCI Beemers had the same problems? This would give me some leverage to have the malfunctioning parts changed (still have 20 months guarantee....)

Thanks for your comments
Old 01-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Ouch mate, I feel your pain, hope you get sorted soon buddy !
Old 01-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Contributors

Youch! Too bad there was no limp-home mode. Sounds like a total system failure that may require expensive and time-consuming dealer service. I hope you're under warranty!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Hi, that is bad - I never heard of such problem before. Please let us know what was it and how to fix it.

P.S. I just noticed you are from Oviedo, have you seen this movie Vicky Cristina Barcelona?
Old 01-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525D TOURING LCI M-sport, Spacegrau with black dakota leather, head-up, adaptive cc, night vision, and many more options.

Originally Posted by hondik' post='764857' date='Jan 11 2009, 07:55 AM
Hi, that is bad - I never heard of such problem before. Please let us know what was it and how to fix it.

P.S. I just noticed you are from Oviedo, have you seen this movie Vicky Cristina Barcelona?
Hey, indeed I have warranty, 2 years from BMW, so that should not be a problem. Car has only 20000 km...

Yes I know the movie VCB, very nice, but Oviedo is a very nice city :-)

I will let you know what is was, as soon as I know...
Old 01-11-2009, 02:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Originally Posted by jvommen' post='764937' date='Jan 11 2009, 11:54 AM
Hey, indeed I have warranty, 2 years from BMW, so that should not be a problem. Car has only 20000 km...

Yes I know the movie VCB, very nice, but Oviedo is a very nice city :-)

I will let you know what is was, as soon as I know...
I'd like to go there one day maybe in the late summer this year. Any suggestions what to see, etc.?

OK, I hope you get your car fixed soon!
Old 01-18-2009, 05:06 AM
Members

Hello guys,

The problem is solved. I wasn't able to completely understand what it was other then a valve that regulates the diesel flow to the engine. To me this does not explain why all the other failures popped up, but hey, so many electronics, who knows what is linked to what.

This valve was replaced, and since I had no failure. Hope it stays like this.

By the way, the cd changer was replaced as well, and had nothing to do with the above mentioned.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Good to hear that everything ended up OK