E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

BMW of Peabody = No more loaner cars for people that didn't buy th

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport Touring : Carbon Black : Half Leather : Pro DVD Sav Nav : TV : Active Cruise : Front/Rear Parking : Bluetooth Phone : 6 CD : Dark Poplar Wood : Folding Mirrors : 5 year Servicing Pack

I would have thought it would be fine to give those customers that did buy their cars from there preferrential service - so that if two people are booking their car in at the same time, one who bought there and one that didn't, preference is given to the buyer. But to exclude anyone that didn't buy their car is just ridiculous.

What about someone who buys a new BMW every year, but has just moved to the area? You refuse to give them a courtesy car, they give their business (buying new cars and getting them serviced) elsewhere. How much have you just lost?

Ridiculous.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:12 PM
New Members

I too have found that some of the BMW of Peabody policies and standards of customer service have dropped recently. Fortunately, I have several dealer options and was able
to take the business to them. When the economy becomes adverse, it really exposes the weakness in a dealership. Heck, anyone can sell a $ 50K car when times are rolling.
his forum has been very useful. Keep up the great info and thanks for getting the word out on the loaner service, it's in line with other problems I've experienced there.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Members

It's funny, I went and checked out their website. They appear to have a fairly large facility for service. This tells me they probably do quite a bit of service business. It's baffling that they seem to think their business case can't handle doling out a few more loaner cars. Sounds like someone is more concerned with boosting their margins.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BMWPeabody
Hello Raddray & YeeWiz~

I am the General Sales Manager at BMW of Peabody and just wanted to explain our position and reasons for the policy. I love and appreciate when these discussions take place in forums, as it gives an opportunity for open discussion in ways we don't see often. We designated our 80 car loaner fleet as a benefit and a reward for our sales customers, as the sales department pays the majority of the expense of carrying such a large fleet of loaner cars. Due to the size of our two service departments, we were getting negative feedback from our sales customers that were not able to secure loaner cars when they needed service. We decided that as a free service we provide, it was our duty to make sure they are available to customers that bought their vehicles from our dealership and reward the relationship we've fostered in the sales department.

Although I can certainly see how this would be recieved as negative news to someone who purchased elsewhere, we hope in the long run to foster a positive relationship with our customers, both in sales and service. I appreciate and value the opportunity to have such a discussion and would welcome to hear how our policy has effected you and your relationship with us.

If this wasn't properly explained in your last visit with us, we also provide a shuttle service to both local malls, train station and local restuarants. In the event that personal transportation is needed, we extend our discounted rates at Avis to customers that are in need of a vehicle while their car is in for service. I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you for the conversation and your business,
Vin McCauley
General Sales Manager
BMW of Peabody
Wow Vin,

I'll just say this....

I live about 10 minutes from Herb Chambers, been a BMW/MINI owner for 17 years non-stop, and have purchased from Herb/FMW and you guys. And we will continue to buy BMWs.

I've used all 3 dealerships for service, and liked going to you guys the most. Yes, I'd rather drive 45 minutes to Peabody than to drive the 10 minutes to Herb.

My wife did the 45 min drive to/from Peabody to pick me up / drop me off once, and she said never again. So without loaner cars, I will never make it back up to Peabody, I will not have an opportunity to step into your showroom, and I will not have an opportunity to buy a car from you.

Herb must be loving it.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Members

Saw this news article:

http://peabody.patch.com/articles/pe...lt-and-battery

Some guy got arrested for assault at BMW of Peabody. Maybe he flipped out after getting turned down for a loaner vehicle. LOL!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 07:47 AM
TJN
New Members

2.5 hours for an oil change and not a single update along the way. Granted, it is an M5 so I am not expecting Jiffy Lube speed. If I knew that it would take this long and there would be no complimentary loaner car and there would not even be snacks available in the waiting area, I would have taken my car to a different place. This dealership needs to go to Lexus and take some notes on customer service.