E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Air suspention issue after a flooded trunk

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 09:52 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535xi Touring
Model Year: 2008
Default Air suspention issue after a flooded trunk

So, I just bought an E61 that had a flooded trunk as a winter car so my E82 can take a break

Now she's back home but need some fixin'

My first issue mostly lies with the air suspention. I replaced the EHC module, coded the vin & calibrated the suspention. The old module was giving out a compressor error, and kept pumping the suspention for over a minute or two up to the maximum, but it was rustly and I deemed it unreliable. The new module now no longer exhibit such problem, but whenever the car is driven around, it pop up an error calling for both ride height module being defective and sens out a check control error in the cluster which disable the suspention. I'm planning on replacing those.

I used INPA to mess around the suspention and did what is call the exchange valve test, which came out with a left side Not OK result. Now, I'm not sure how to interpret this test. I suspect it's the main valvenext to the compressor to allow the air to drain or fill each bag. Issue #2 is that the left side leak slowly. The bags & shock dampeners appear to be new, as the previous owner clueless-ly set to replace everything as he was never bothered to scan the modules (yes,lol), So i believe I'm either looking at an improperly fastened air fitting or a leaky valve.

Any expect on this over here ?