E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Please help answer some M5 questions for a potential UK purchaser

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008 | 03:29 AM
Members

My Ride: Black E60 M5

Good to see another dipping the foot in M5 ownership. Although its looks expensive to other E60s you get a lot of car for the money.

I would suggest you go for the active seats as its one of those features that is really exclusive and will have your mates going green. I have full leather option but you really would not notice the difference unless you have been in a full leather car. I love the alcantara on mine along with the TV function as sitting waiting for someone you don't feel you are missing out (during the Olympic period anyway).

You should be able to haggle quite a bit off the price at the dealers as its a really limited market now for M5s.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the car
Old 09-03-2008 | 07:10 AM
Members

My Ride: UK 2005 535d Sport & Audi Q7 S-Line Vis Pack, Media Pack, Heated fronts and Rears, HUD, Servo Steering,

OK so I said I wouldn't get carried away but this ticks all my boxes plus more

http://www.mtorque.co.uk/ubbthreads/ubbthr...1697#Post651697

Not sure about the colour though
Old 09-03-2008 | 11:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F10 M5 DMS RE-MAP 770BHP All Black

Originally Posted by BigladUK' post='660823' date='Sep 3 2008, 07:10 AM
OK so I said I wouldn't get carried away but this ticks all my boxes plus more

http://www.mtorque.co.uk/ubbthreads/ubbthr...1697#Post651697

Not sure about the colour though
Hi,

The link is asking for a Username and Password, caanot see whay youve posted!!
Old 09-03-2008 | 11:48 PM
Members

My Ride: UK 2005 535d Sport & Audi Q7 S-Line Vis Pack, Media Pack, Heated fronts and Rears, HUD, Servo Steering,

Sorry I didn't know it required an account.

This is the classified ad

E60 M5 - 16k miles - reg. July 2005 (05 plate)

Silver Grey with Black full leather interior (not extended, full ?5.3k option including leather dash and complete doors with alcantara head lining and parcel shelf)

I am the second owner. 1st Owner to 8k miles and then the further 8k by myself. Always kept in immaculate condition. Unmarked alloys and only a few very minor stone chips on the bonnet, otherwise the bodywork is spotless. I have had the car remapped by DMS, now running 548bhp and de-limited.

Full BMW? Service history inc. running in service at 1154 miles. first service including brake fluid at 11,477 miles.

All usual equipment- Sat Nav, SMG paddle shift 7 speed gearbox, head up display, ISOFIX seats,Power Folding Door Mirrors, Bi Xenon Headlights, Cruise Control, Electronic damper Control, Multifunction M sport steering wheel, Front and rear park distance control, Multi changer CD player,Cat 1 Alarm/remote central locking, Heated seats front, auto dimming interior mirror, lumbar support front seats etc.

Options:
Full Black Merino Leather
Logic 7 Hifi
Bluetooth Prep with telematics
Extended Voice Control
Universal remote control
Brushed Aluminium Trim
Through Load System
Heated Rear Seats
Horizon Tracker
BMW? assist & online
Sun protection glass

original invoice for car with options is just over ?70k!

Brand New set of Continental Sport Contact 2 tyres, less than 100 miles.

Car has had its first MOT, so comes with 11 months MOT. 6 months Tax. Still under BMW? warranty, extended on a monthly basis so that new owner can continue this warranty if they wish.

had two deals fall through, so price to sell at ?33,500.
Old 09-04-2008 | 12:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F10 M5 DMS RE-MAP 770BHP All Black

Snap his hand off, the 5 has great spec and price is excellent for the year, its pretty obvious its been used as a second car, as you say its only just done three years and to have such a low mileage is excellent. Just go for it, rob a bank, busk for the money do whatever just BUY IT, DRIVE IT & ENJOY, its the best thing I did, oh buy the way the colour is excellent too
Old 09-04-2008 | 01:30 AM
JMC
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5, Silverstone II/Black

Is sounds like a terrific car. Love Silver Grey, and would have got my car in it had it not been discontinued. As poster BMW M5 says above, it sounds like it was a second car, and the universal remote option suggests it has been garaged whenever it's not in use. Check out the insurance costs, esp with the remap, but if you can do it, I'd go for it.
Old 09-04-2008 | 01:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JMC' post='661561' date='Sep 4 2008, 10:30 AM
Is sounds like a terrific car. Love Silver Grey, and would have got my car in it had it not been discontinued. As poster BMW M5 says above, it sounds like it was a second car, and the universal remote option suggests it has been garaged whenever it's not in use. Check out the insurance costs, esp with the remap, but if you can do it, I'd go for it.
Thanks for your input guys but at ?33.5k its still over my budget ( a little ) and I'm not sure about the colour...perhaps you someone could post me a picture of this colour ?

Could someone also tell me what an earth the universal remote option is and what it does ?

Thanks guys

Si
Old 09-04-2008 | 02:22 AM
Members

I guess this would represent good value as well then as it's almost identical but from a dealer and with M Multifunction seats....

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/auc/car_details...SNB92070BE18069

Wonder how much the other guy would come down if I was to make him an offer....

So thats two cars, both sightly over budget by about 10% but both with excellent spec and super low mileage

erm.......when is this bloody dealer going to get my test drive sorted out erhhhhhhhh !!!

Si
Old 09-04-2008 | 02:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by BigladUK' post='661568' date='Sep 4 2008, 11:22 AM
I guess this would represent good value as well then as it's almost identical but from a dealer and with M Multifunction seats....

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/auc/car_details...SNB92070BE18069

Wonder how much the other guy would come down if I was to make him an offer....

So thats two cars, both sightly over budget by about 10% but both with excellent spec and super low mileage

erm.......when is this bloody dealer going to get my test drive sorted out erhhhhhhhh !!!

Si

wow sounds fantastic. very well spec'd. upon seeing it and running it, and certainly purchase it.
just on the DMS, i've seen what remaps do, and take with a pinch of salt that it has been taken to 548hp. if you took it to a rolling road, you'll probably find it's less than that number. BUT, it WILL have been greatly improved. especially with the throttle remap they do. goes like lightning.
you gonna pull the trigger?
Old 09-04-2008 | 02:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

didn't see the latest one you put up there, so to be clear, my last msg was re the DMS car.

Quick Reply: Please help answer some M5 questions for a potential UK purchaser