E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Just ordered my US M5 - October Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, what a surprise. I'm on an extended road trip and I get an urgent call from my dealer. My car is 'code 112' whatever that is, and I need to specify my options. The car is being built in September for October delivery. I ordered Silverstone/Silverstone full leather w/ pretty much all options.

The one thing they are checking is whether I can get piano black through BMW Individual. If I can't I'll just go with the aluminum. They're also looking into just getting the trim pieces and installing them after delivery.

Wow - I'm still in shock.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Contributors

Way to go Wolverine.

Status 112 is Scheduled for daily production pack ... whatever that means. I was told by my dealer that they had to have all the order details logged into the system today for September production.

By the way, what is a Wolverine doing in Buckeye country? You are a brave man.

Hey, I was in Cincy yesterday and today ... had some Graeters ... yum.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='Jul 28 2005, 10:00 PM
Wow, what a surprise. I'm on an extended road trip and I get an urgent call from my dealer. My car is 'code 112' whatever that is, and I need to specify my options. The car is being built in September for October delivery. I ordered Silverstone/Silverstone full leather w/ pretty much all options.

The one thing they are checking is whether I can get piano black through BMW Individual. If I can't I'll just go with the aluminum. They're also looking into just getting the trim pieces and installing them after delivery.

[snapback]154188[/snapback]
Great - congrats. I know u have been (im)patiently waiting for some word on when, when, when. Now a lot of the mystery is solved, now comes another kind of waiting when, when.

How jaded are we as we live vicariously though others joy and misery. But I am happy for you and look forward to your first impressions and pics, albeit nearly 3 months away - wait, wait
Old 07-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='Jul 28 2005, 07:00 PM

[snapback]154188[/snapback]
that meant that your car production has been scheduled. Just like mine. Mine will be build 1st week in september.

261 Rear-Airbags is $385
322-Comfort Access is $1,000
416- Power Rear Sunshades with Manual Side Window Shades is $575
465 - Fold Down Rear Seats is $475
610 - Heads Up Display is $1,000
X2xx/X3xx - Full Leather Interior w/Alcantara Roofliner is $3,500

I bypassed M-multi function seat and active ventilated seat as those adds extra weight. Plus i rarely use E55's dynamic and ventilated seat.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Contributors

congrats

let me know if you have any success with the pianoblack int as well....
Old 07-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I'm officially jealous!
Old 07-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Congrats!
Old 07-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tachyon' date='Jul 28 2005, 08:31 PM
Way to go Wolverine.?

Status 112 is Scheduled for daily production pack ... whatever that means.? I was told by my dealer that they had to have all the order details logged into the system today for September production.

By the way, what is a Wolverine doing in Buckeye country?? You are a brave man.

Hey, I was in Cincy yesterday and today ...? had some Graeters ... yum.
[snapback]154194[/snapback]
I was definitely cutting it close then - my dealer sounded pretty desperate to get a hold of me. She said early September production, delivery in October. I'll post a bunch of pic's when I get it.

It's only tough during the big game - I'll be in Ann Arbor this year, so it won't be so bad!
Old 07-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='Jul 29 2005, 08:05 PM
[quote name='tachyon' date='Jul 28 2005, 08:31 PM']Way to go Wolverine.?

Status 112 is Scheduled for daily production pack ... whatever that means.? I was told by my dealer that they had to have all the order details logged into the system today for September production.

By the way, what is a Wolverine doing in Buckeye country?? You are a brave man.

Hey, I was in Cincy yesterday and today ...? had some Graeters ... yum.
[snapback]154194[/snapback]
I was definitely cutting it close then - my dealer sounded pretty desperate to get a hold of me. She said early September production, delivery in October. I'll post a bunch of pic's when I get it.

It's only tough during the big game - I'll be in Ann Arbor this year, so it won't be so bad!
[snapback]154494[/snapback]
[/quote]

Go Blue!!
Old 07-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='Jul 29 2005, 08:05 PM
[snapback]154494[/snapback]
Whatcha going to be doing in 48104?

Quick Reply: Just ordered my US M5 - October Delivery