E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Just another dummy being reckless

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

i think there was a lesson learned here today

and you really shouldn't have "raced" him that second time... if he crashed, you could have been held liable
Old 04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

That's the price you pay for driving a performance car.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
I love it ! about the LCI part I was right I think. no e39 has LCI lights.

LCI stands for Life Cycle Impulse and refers to a mid cycle facelift. LCI is not exclusive to the e60.

The e39 like the e60 did go through mid life cycle upgrades. For example, the early e39s didn't have angel eyes. The angel eyes were introduced as part of a facelift. Similarly the early e39's had orange side markers and orange on the tails. Later they introduced white. Possibly when he said "LCI" he was referring to the later e39 and not mistaking it for an e60.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

lol i find it hard to believe that all the haters on here are giving this guy crap... You guys are telling me that you've never had some fun on the roads? :thumbsdown:
Old 04-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

All this crap just goes to prove a single point: some M5 owners do get M5's to compensate for something

Can y'all quit the crap already, fellars? I mean, its painfully obvious that no one's gonna learn anything here. The only thing that's gonna happen is the forum's gonna get the attention of someone (I'm not talking about mods here either) somewhere ... somehow - and I think I may already know how ... and then, just as that mofo Murphy predicted, the shizzle will hit the fizzle for us all. There will be no more meets, no more drives, no more nothing. All because some douchebag somewhere doesn't know how to control himself...
Old 04-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Senior Members

Going 100 on an 80km/h road is definitely not the same as someone going 140 on a 40km/h zone. What members miss out here is the actual roads that these guys are driving on. 40 zones are basically residential and school zones. Most main roads in Ontario are about 60km/h, so for a street to be 70km/h it is somewhat open and less populated. Streets that are 80km/h are almost like highways. So it isn't ridiculous for someone to be going 100km/h on those roads. They are practically deserted. I know almost everyone who drives on 80 roads are going about 90-100km/h. So I don't think you were doing anything stupid up until the point where you kept trying to prove a point with you car. All I'm saying is I feel for you OP, I know you were "speeding" but the speed is somewhat "reasonable" for those roads. Now the racing part you get the point from other members here, so I'm not going to comment. I just want others to understand you weren't being CRAZY or a complete hazard like the other guy. Still you should know this shit should happen on closed courses to really get some bragging rights.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

Originally Posted by wolf
LCI stands for Life Cycle Impulse and refers to a mid cycle facelift. LCI is not exclusive to the e60.

The e39 like the e60 did go through mid life cycle upgrades. For example, the early e39s didn't have angel eyes. The angel eyes were introduced as part of a facelift. Similarly the early e39's had orange side markers and orange on the tails. Later they introduced white. Possibly when he said "LCI" he was referring to the later e39 and not mistaking it for an e60.
BMW E39 M5

1999 - Square monitor, rectangular rear view mirror, bulb tail lights, halogen of regular xenon headlights non adaptive, thin steering wheel, OBD port engine bay round socket.

2000 - Square monitor, oval mirror, LED tail lights, angel eyes adaptive xenon, thin steering wheel, OBD port engine bay socket.

2001+ - Wide screen monitor, oval mirror, LED tails and angel eyes, thick steering wheel, OBD port rectangular socket under steering rack.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

actually the E39 5er didn't get LED tails till 2001 and it NEVER had adaptive xenons. For US Spec cars at least...
Old 04-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Members

drive like this is your last day
Old 04-13-2010, 03:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nuttavut
drive like this is your last day
:thumbsdown:

LIVE as though it is your last day....

DRIVE as though you want the family in an minivan or a two year old walking across the street with his big brother to see the next day.

Quick Reply: Just another dummy being reckless