E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Just another dummy being reckless

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I?d share this little experience with you guys since i thought it would fit the "im a dumb young driver who likes to race recklessly? theme this forum has had lately :thumbsdown:

Yesterday which was a beautiful day here in London,(26 Degrees C) and after a 2 hour cleaning of my Beast... i took it out for a drive downtown to check out the babes/patios and to have a beer with a friend... On my return home I come to a red-light and up pulls a 545i E39 (not sure of the year, but it was LCI) with chrome BMW wheels, very clean and obvious that the owner kept it in good shape. I look over as his window is down half way and he gives a little rev... Now at this point I see its a younger guy, and im thinking ?does he actually want me to dust the floor with him "? Now the location we are at is just down the road from my home and a TERRIBLE place to even attempt an illegal street race as I know there are cops always lurking around the area (some open roads and often a place where people exceed the 80 km/h limit)... VERY often unmarked cruisers as well. So i think to myself, I?ll just take off normal at the light, and if he gives'er ill dust him to 100km/h and let off.. Down to the posted 80... Well that?s exactly what happens.. i take off normally and he floors it, so i drop the hammer, fly by him with that beauty grin on my face and let off.... moments later he FLYS by me, no let off AT ALL and proceeds to accelerate to the point where he is almost out of my sight ( slight hill in the road towards another light, so i did lose him for a second)....I'd have to estimate at LEAST 150km/h.. Take this into note: at this time he obviously knows I am not racing, and well behind him...

He gets stopped at a light right along the highway... turning left (like i am ) and waits for the light to turn green, at this point with me behind him.. He turns left and the same sort of situation happens.... he accelerates; I pass him (of course) and let off around 110 down to the limit of 80... Well he FLYS past me again, and proceeds to accelerate until out of sight...

NOW LET ME ASK YOU THIS... and i hope that this guy is on the forum (doubtful) so i can chirp the shit out of him... WHY IN GODS NAME WOULD YOU PROCEED TO FLY IN AND OUT OF TRAFFIC, AT MORE THEN DOUBLE THE SPEED LIMIT IF YOU JUST GOT BURRRNEDDD TWICE IN A ROW!!!!! AHAHA WHAT A DUMMY... God only knows what would have happened if the circumstances changed for him instantly.

I only share this because i actually VERY SELDOMLY get asked to race, or raced in general... Thought it a bit funny.

Cheers!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Originally Posted by Aartsy19
a 545i E39 (not sure of the year, but it was LCI) with chrome BMW wheels, very clean and obvious that the owner kept it in good shape.
are you sure it is an e39? that should be a 540i not 545i.... you said LCI.... it might be 2008+ 535i or 550i e60?
did you hear a V8 revving or turbo?
Old 04-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Contributors

I dont think and LCI can be on e39 models. Who cares how he is acting on the roads, you should know you have an m5 and can beat almost any car on the roads.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Haha too funny.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by miguex
are you sure it is an e39? that should be a 540i not 545i.... you said LCI.... it might be 2008+ 535i or 550i e60?
did you hear a V8 revving or turbo?
My apologies... i should have been clearer... Definetely am E39 5 Series... who knows what model as i wasnt paying attention that closely, most likely a 540 like you said... And LCI i was referring to the upgraded rear lights (neat lines in rear tails) if LCI is the improper lingo, once again i apologize lol...

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
I dont think and LCI can be on e39 models. Who cares how he is acting on the roads, you should know you have an m5 and can beat almost any car on the roads.
Shush you... your comments are pointless:

I know my car can beat pretty much anything on the road, hence the 507hp high reving f1 inspired V10 engine...my point was he was driving like a reckless retard, like someone on this forum we have encountered recently...YOUUUUU
Old 04-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Anyone else catch the youthful irony within this thread??
Old 04-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Contributors

I love it ! about the LCI part I was right I think. no e39 has LCI lights.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Senior Members

MODERATOR: Please Delete this thread... i can already see it going sour..
Old 04-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Contributors

Nah dont delete this, its interesting about the reckless driving of the e39 guy. Just dont respond in something that has nothing to do with the topic.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
Nah dont delete this, its interesting about the reckless driving of the e39 guy. Just dont respond in something that has nothing to do with the topic.
Damn, you're practically blacklisted on this entire forum

Quick Reply: Just another dummy being reckless