E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Just another dummy being reckless

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Aartsy19
I am guilty of the same crimes, that i ACCUSE 550ifreak with? Right..

140 in a residential 40 posted..

100 in a open 80 posted..

Hardly similar, say what you want..

I was focused on your comments about him being reckless...

Old 04-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames
I was focused on your comments about him being reckless...
I understand that you think i was envoking him to race, but it was really the complete opposite, he took off.. i passed him and stopped at the speed limit (close to)... while he proceed to insane speeds...

How am i irresponsible here?? He didnt stop after our little "4 second race" was done.. thats my point.. he proceeded to accelerate..

Im confused by the attitudes on this forum to be honest.. typing something really doesnt get the point across, and thats my fault for trying to explain this situation on a forum like this..
Old 04-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

Is it just me or has the whole "Idiot kid driving like a dick" (you know who you are) threads of late completely ruined this forum??

It feels like alot of threads reference his stupid behaviour then just descend into petty slanging matches.

Maybe if we just ignored any posts from him we can get back to all being friends.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

I think currently on the forum there are a few too many threads pertaining to reckless driving, racing , excessive speed etc. and I think that on the whole we are just getting tired of having to repeat the same responses to (sorry about this) obviously poorly made decisions!
Let's just all use our heads out there on the roads and get back to enjoying the things that make this forum great!
You know, like unnecessary Photoshopping of Calton???
Attached Thumbnails Just another dummy being reckless-calto_libre.jpg  
Old 04-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

Originally Posted by flyingpuck

Photoshopping of Calton is NEVER unnecessary. Especially when it's as funny as that one!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E60 SMG Interlagos Blue Silverstone II Full Merino Perforated w/ Individual Piano Black Trim All options except for fold down rear seats 1330 miles 02/12/10 2008 E92 DCT M3 Arctic White Silver Novillo Extended w/ Carbon Fiber Trim Pretty much all options 10k miles 09/09 135 E82 Black Sapphire Metallic Coral Red w/ Gloss Black Trim Pretty much all options 7k miles 09/09

Im confused by the attitudes on this forum to be honest.. typing something really doesnt get the point across, and thats my fault for trying to explain this situation on a forum like this..
Ok - let's accept that.

But then we read this, which is not someone who just happens to be a passive observer:
i drop the hammer, fly by him with that beauty grin on my face
Here's my concern, and that of others -
We've all been in these situations. And we know that it can be difficult to NOT respond instinctively and hormonally to the situation that you were in.

We also know beyond any doubt that this is where caution and self-awareness and maturity MUST be followed EVERY time. There are NO second chances after someone gets hurt.

What SHOULD happen to all of us in this situation is to stay behind at the intersection, let the other driver go and "prove" his superiority, and "win." Let. It. Go. If we don't then the next step is exactly what happened with you: there's a second go-round.

It's easy to think "I didn't do anything wrong." And technically that's correct, at least in a legal sense. But we all know that we should make the effort to diffuse and not participate in the process - which you did not do. You could have just let him go instead of joining up with him, albeit legally. At least that's what it appears.

I am NOT judging you. As I said we've all done things we shouldn't. And it's our recognition of that - and seeing and hearing of the worst outcomes of that - which is behind our posts that want it to stop.

Peace.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
I think currently on the forum there are a few too many threads pertaining to reckless driving, racing , excessive speed etc. and I think that on the whole we are just getting tired of having to repeat the same responses to (sorry about this) obviously poorly made decisions!
Let's just all use our heads out there on the roads and get back to enjoying the things that make this forum great!
Agreed.. my apologies for posting this thread.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Live and learn, live and learn!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Members

Ok guys...group hug now
Attached Thumbnails Just another dummy being reckless-group-hug.jpg  
Old 04-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Mystic Blue Metallic 545I

I would assume everyone that drives one of these cars lets it loose every once in awhile.
Why does everyone give these guys such a hard time?
If your comfortable enough with the circumstances why not have a little fun every once in awhile?
They aren't poor decisons, unless your doing it when there is too much going on around you
If you don't like reading about people having a little fun in their cars, why do you read it?
These guys don't have to explain themselves. Live and learn. even if they have to learn the hard way.

Quick Reply: Just another dummy being reckless