E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by NC916
Dam bro calm down think he should get it by now thread should be closed or end it, things might start to blow up.
you're right, you're right - I get too excited sometimes... alright, I can't edit out my entire post anymore, so I guess, I can just hope that it'll help somehow. But whatever the case, I hope that ppl understand I'm trying to help - not make it worse.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530I

Originally Posted by v_therussian
you're right, you're right - I get too excited sometimes... alright, I can't edit out my entire post anymore, so I guess, I can just hope that it'll help somehow. But whatever the case, I hope that ppl understand I'm trying to help - not make it worse.
Yeah I meant like it helped but all those cussing I was just like DAM THIS GUY GOING CRAZY. Only thing we can do is tell them and warn them, if they don't listen there's really nothing we can do but to hope they don't do nothing stupid. Everyone seems well respected to each other, so if he don't take the advice then let it be, we are not his or her parent to be there spanking their asses. (by the way I like your car that kit looks clean )
Old 03-17-2010, 02:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

Looks like the mechanic was right in your case.........

See post #11 - https://5series.net/forums/topic/940...lled-in-an-m5/

Maybe you should listen to your own advice from that post mate.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:11 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
Very interesting. You know what guys I will proove you of me and MINE M5, not my parents \. I will take some pictures just to proof u guys
Sarcasm...check my profile to see the age.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krozi
Yea me too...no way a kid under 25 can own an M
What a RETARDED statement... :thumbsdown:

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
I understand, but they dont think I have an M5 and driving some honda.
Literally buddy, who gives a flying fuck what anyone thinks. You know yourself what your situation is, its just obviously getting people boiled that your not realizing the responsibility that comes with owning a car of this caliber. Just read and take what people say with a grain of salt.. they are only blowing up on you because they care.

Cheers
Old 03-17-2010, 04:56 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Aartsy19
Holy Balls McLocklin.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E60 SMG Interlagos Blue Silverstone II Full Merino Perforated w/ Individual Piano Black Trim All options except for fold down rear seats 1330 miles 02/12/10 2008 E92 DCT M3 Arctic White Silver Novillo Extended w/ Carbon Fiber Trim Pretty much all options 10k miles 09/09 135 E82 Black Sapphire Metallic Coral Red w/ Gloss Black Trim Pretty much all options 7k miles 09/09

"I am a careful driver."
With all respect everything you say makes it very clear that this is not true. There is absolutely NO way that launching a vehicle into 140 kmh in a residential setting is anything other than reckless. Period.

"I am not proud of it, just wanted to tell u my experiance."
Well, yes you are proud of it. That's why you are relating your experience.

"I checked first before I started if there are kids or not."
While I applaud your initial check it is almost useless in a residential area. Things change instantaneously, without warning in such a setting. Kids appear out of nowhere, people back out of driveways, soccer and basketballs fly out of backyards - with children attached.

"I have control on the M5, I am very carefull."
You may well have control and are careful - but for the instantaneous situation, ONLY. No one has control for the unknown, which is exactly what a neighborhood is all about. Racing and even high-speed highway driving take place in a controlled, limited access environment. There is nothing of that nature in a string of houses with people who are focused solely on the immediate concern of their personal lives. They're operating with the assumption that things are going to be as they always are - relatively quiet, slow, and cautious. You're throwing a figurative hand grenade into a recreational area.

"I dont do this everyday"
Okay. That's immaterial. The issue is that it only takes once. There is no way to rewind an activity once it's had a bad result. Neither the injured nor you gets a second chance.

"Do you think he could tka emy liscence number ? lol"
So you see? Your only concern is whether you might get a ticket? And this is funny? That failure is exactly why you should NOT be doing this.

"I just wanted to try something new. Tell me this.... Whats the point of buying an M5?"
The most important point is to act responsibly. The fun is only fun under that constraint.
Nothing is free. Just like a high-performance car costs more money than a lower-performance model, it costs more in terms of responsibility, skill, experience, and self-restraint.
Nothing is fully enjoyable without full knowledge of its capabilities and limits.

I'm not ragging on you. We understand the excitement (I have a car that leaves even my M5 far behind and it's WAY cool). We've been your age. It's for those reasons that we are reacting unfavorably: we know what can happen. You can't know at 18 because you haven't had something bad happen. We don't want you to be a part of it.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

Youth is a wonderful thing. However, you really need to think about what you are doing. As far as i am concerned your two years of driving experience does not qualify you to drive a 500+hp supercar. do a google or youtube search for car crash photos and learn what speed becomes when control is lost. Life is not a video game that you can simply hit the reset button on...

these poor buggers thought they were being safe by taking it off the road....m5 crash

you wanna be a man, show this post to your dad, and explain to him how safe, skilled and responsible you are

please be safe, I don't want to read a post about an 18 year old being scraped off the 401 after a race went bad
Old 03-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Krozi
Yea me too...no way a kid under 25 can own an M

Originally Posted by Aartsy19

Relax guys, Krozi is 17 himself and has an M (M3 in his case) - he was clearly trying to be funny (and I did find it funny, knowing him).
The point is that Krozi, one of the OP's contemporaries, agrees that this sort of behavior is best left on the track. You don;t have to rent the entire track many organizations hold track days (BMWCCA, MFest to name a couple).
Old 03-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

OOOOHHHHH I DRIVES FAAAST BIZZZATCHES CHCK ME OOOT
KROZI IS 41 yrs old BTW, dont let das boot fool ya

Quick Reply: Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.