E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Just wanted you to know, ya know? It's not personal attack against you, it's just pointing out there it's not something you should be doing. A brief moment of adrenaline rush is not worth all the possible consequence. Do it somewhere safe. It'll still be fun, and you won't have to worry about the what-ifs.
I was just thinking what I would say about this. I was thinking "what-if" and I laughed when I saw your "what-if". Yeah, I like speeding just as much as most of us, but I would never speed down a residential street. Dude, take it easy! Spare those around you, including yourself. I guess this is why car insurance is more expensive the younger you are. For most of us, with age comes wisdom, caution and responsibility for self and others.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
How the hell did I miss this thread?

A spoiled teenager with a car his parents bought him and total disregard for others. Real nice kid. You just made a lot of friends on this forum. :thumbsdown:
I dont get why you making it worse huh? I said and I agreed with you guys that it was a stupid thing to do? wt.f do u want me to do jump from a roof? You guys should respect me more for being at least on your side and not continue arguing about that crap and proving that what I did was right. But the opposite, you guys are making it worse cuz you are all " top dogs " eh?

There is one thing though that have been said in a reply above " Life is given only once" than fkn enjoy ffs. Go drive a corola if you cant handle your car on the streets. I saw many drivers today, a Porsche GT2, G37s, Some kick ass motorcyle, CLS AMG and so on.... ( Nice cars right? lots of power in their engine) well the only thing I saw those people driving is atually using their cars for what they are made for. If you dont like it, dont get an M5 get yourself a volvo and you will be safe.

Remember, you cant buy life, and its an only 1 chance you are giving, so heck use it.

BTW for the spoiled part, I have to work my ass everyday as a telemarketing manager to pay that beautiful beast, ( except the insurance), I go to school and study my ass to become a pilot to actually do something in this life . Ok? Just because my parents paid the majoy part of this car around 40k, and I paid by myself 20k that I saved 6 years, doesnt mean I am spoiled. You guys wish you would buy an M5 to you kids, well I deserve it because I have been through a lot, and far away not a spoiled kid.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
I dont get why you making it worse huh? I said and I agreed with you guys that it was a stupid thing to do? wt.f do u want me to do jump from a roof? You guys should respect me more for being at least on your side and not continue arguing about that crap and proving that what I did was right. But the opposite, you guys are making it worse cuz you are all " top dogs " eh?

There is one thing though that have been said in a reply above " Life is given only once" than fkn enjoy ffs. Go drive a corola if you cant handle your car on the streets. I saw many drivers today, a Porsche GT2, G37s, Some kick ass motorcyle, CLS AMG and so on.... ( Nice cars right? lots of power in their engine) well the only thing I saw those people driving is atually using their cars for what they are made for. If you dont like it, dont get an M5 get yourself a volvo and you will be safe.

Remember, you cant buy life, and its an only 1 chance you are giving, so heck use it.

BTW for the spoiled part, I have to work my ass everyday as a telemarketing manager to pay that beautiful beast, ( except the insurance), I go to school and study my ass to become a pilot to actually do something in this life . Ok? Just because my parents paid the majoy part of this car around 40k, and I paid by myself 20k that I saved 6 years, doesnt mean I am spoiled. You guys wish you would buy an M5 to you kids, well I deserve it because I have been through a lot, and far away not a spoiled kid.

You are retarded. I have been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt this whole time but every reply you make just shows that you feel like you have something to prove when your driving your car, like your better than everyone else on the road. You see all those people on nice bikes, Porsches, AMG's and whatever exotic supercars you see om the road driving them like responsible adults not like grandpa's. They aren't on a track they have no need to drive like they are! On top of that, they understand what car THEY bought and are not going to act in an irresponsible way that would cause harm to themselves, others around them, or damage to their beautiful vehicle that they worked hard to afford.

The fact of the matter is, you have no understanding or how the world works. Your just living your life and the streets are your racetrack. You have no respect for your car (cause you didn't pay for it or earn it with your hard life...) so you don't think rationally about what your doing and how you could lose that car, your life or someone elses in an instant but that doesn't seem to phase you since you are at the stage in life when you think your invincible. Your gonna be in for a rude awakening one day and I hope that it doesn't cost anyones life.

You should have a chat with your father, being that he was a rally driver, I'm sure he would have some in's with race tracks or atleast be interested in spending some time with his son at the track having some safe fun where you can actually use the car as it was made for. I know if my son asked me I would probably be a very happy father to hear it, especially if I had a racing background myself. Your point about driving the M like it was supposed to be driven just doesn't make sense because on the streets, this cars limits can't even begin to be tested so why even waste the gas? Just learn to be responsible quick and stop making yourself look so immature (even though you are). You drive the car now play the part too.

I'm only 5 yrs older then you but look how different our opinions are on this matter. I bought my own car. I don't drive like a maniac unless I'm at the track or a closed controlled environment. I've never had an accident and I plan on keeping it that way. I've lost too many friends to stupidity and all of us are just pissed that your being so hard headed about this. You DO only live once but your life is NOT about what car you drive or HOW fast you can drive it. There is so much more out there to life and I wish I could show you but its 6am and I and running late for work.

I know your going to have to learn this for yourself but I just hope you learn it before something happens. Trust us on this, and you will live a much better adult life. Show everyone your not the 18yr old douche bag with an M5 that was bought for them, and be a responsible young adult and people will treat you differently! I promise.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport Touring : Carbon Black : Half Leather : Pro DVD Sav Nav : TV : Active Cruise : Front/Rear Parking : Bluetooth Phone : 6 CD : Dark Poplar Wood : Folding Mirrors : 5 year Servicing Pack

From a non-M owner (if I may be allowed to post ;-))

IF, and it's a big IF, you've genuinely learned a lesson from this, then no harm was done. This time.

Continue to drive like that though and you will kill someone. I sincerely hope that the only person you do kill is yourself.

It's not big and it's definitely not clever to race at those sort of speeds on streets.

As for the argument about people buying powerful cars and not 'using' them, it comes down to using them responsibly - and when conditions allow.

You are young, and as you get older, you'll realise just how stupid this is. If you live that long.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Kell
From a non-M owner (if I may be allowed to post ;-))

IF, and it's a big IF, you've genuinely learned a lesson from this, then no harm was done. This time.

Continue to drive like that though and you will kill someone. I sincerely hope that the only person you do kill is yourself.

It's not big and it's definitely not clever to race at those sort of speeds on streets.

As for the argument about people buying powerful cars and not 'using' them, it comes down to using them responsibly - and when conditions allow.

You are young, and as you get older, you'll realise just how stupid this is. If you live that long.
+1. Driving a M5 at 140 kph in a subdivision with a 40 kph speed limit is not driving the car as it was intended. Rather, it is driving the car like a sociopath. The OP clearly has something to prove and seeks to prove it by driving his car like a maniac in a crowded residential neighborhood where eveyone can see him fly by and hear the roar of his engine.

I hope that the old man in the neighborhood was successful in taking down the OP's license plate. Perhaps some time in jail and some forced meetings with shattered families of people who have been slaughtered by drivers like him will finally convince him to mend his ways. If not, he might be heading for the fate of AmericanM5 and his four victims. Perhaps the OP should change his user name to CanadianM5. :thumbsdown:
Old 03-18-2010, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sdg1871
+1. Driving a M5 at 140 kph in a subdivision with a 40 kph speed limit is not driving the car as it was intended. Rather, it is driving the car like a sociopath. The OP clearly has something to prove and seeks to prove it by driving his car like a maniac in a crowded residential neighborhood where eveyone can see him fly by and hear the roar of his engine.

I hope that the old man in the neighborhood was successful in taking down the OP's license plate. Perhaps some time in jail and some forced meetings with shattered families of people who have been slaughtered by drivers like him will finally convince him to mend his ways. If not, he might be heading for the fate of AmericanM5 and his four victims. Perhaps the OP should change his user name to CanadianM5. :thumbsdown:
Woah Woah.. no shots at us Canucks EHHH!!? Not all of us canadians are maniac sociopath drivers lol
Old 03-18-2010, 04:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Aartsy19
Woah Woah.. no shots at us Canucks EHHH!!? Not all of us canadians are maniac sociopath drivers lol
Old 03-18-2010, 05:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
You guys wish you would buy an M5 to you kids, well I deserve it because I have been through a lot, and far away not a spoiled kid.
You just proved how young, dumb and spoiled you are. What an idiot. I feel sorry for your parents. They did a terrible job raising you. You're a joke kid. Do yourself a favor and stop replying to this thread. You're only making it worse for yourself.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

He did NOT just say telemarketing manager lolll

Let's see, $20,000 on 6 years.. is 19 years old... M5... 140 in a residential.. pays 0% of the insurance and only 30% of the car... yeah this story sucks
Old 03-18-2010, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
You just proved how young, dumb and spoiled you are. What an idiot. I feel sorry for your parents. They did a terrible job raising you. You're a joke kid. Do yourself a favor and stop replying to this thread. You're only making it worse for yourself.
I agree.

I, too, tried giving the OP the benefit of the doubt but he just kept coming back for more, and proving his immaturity a little bit more every time. I hope the OP can seriously reconsider his driving habits after this thread because I really don't want anyone to learn stuff the hard way.

"A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own."

Quick Reply: Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.