E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca
Damn Marc, seems everyday you prove what good parents you have. Big internet high five to your parents, they raised you well
Haha thanks! I will pass it along!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Krozi
Haha thanks! I will pass it along!

When it comes time for my boys I will certainly HELP them get a car, but I for damn sure won't buy it for them. My parents had money to buy a car for me, but they told me I had to go out and earn the $$$ for it and maintain and insure it my self. I did it, and almost all the kids in my HS who had cars given to them treated those cars like crap, beating them up, crashing them, without a care in the world.
One time, after I blew the transmission in my first car and was riding the bus again and saving up for a new one, some douchebag is in my class all mad because he totaled his car and "his parents were being assholes, because they wouldn't buy him a new one for a month!!!!" I wanted to go over and kick that kid in the face.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

When it comes time for my boys I will certainly HELP them get a car, but I for damn sure won't buy it for them. My parents had money to buy a car for me, but they told me I had to go out and earn the $$$ for it and maintain and insure it my self. I did it, and almost all the kids in my HS who had cars given to them treated those cars like crap, beating them up, crashing them, without a care in the world.
One time, after I blew the transmission in my first car and was riding the bus again and saving up for a new one, some douchebag is in my class all mad because he totaled his car and "his parents were being assholes, because they wouldn't buy him a new one for a month!!!!" I wanted to go over and kick that kid in the face.
Honestly, I could never call my parents assholes...if have way too much respect for them. And although they paid for 99% of the M, I paid all the savings I had, and everything else I buy for the car I pay for. I always keep my car clean, respect it, and care for it. BTW, there is a kid at my school who just got a 2010 M3, I have been selling him mods, and he doesn't know any better because he's a freaking idiot, I have made up to 100% return on some of the stuff I sold him...
Old 04-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
Honestly, I could never call my parents assholes...if have way too much respect for them. And although they paid for 99% of the M, I paid all the savings I had, and everything else I buy for the car I pay for. I always keep my car clean, respect it, and care for it. BTW, there is a kid at my school who just got a 2010 M3, I have been selling him mods, and he doesn't know any better because he's a freaking idiot, I have made up to 100% return on some of the stuff I sold him...

Well milk the fool as much as you can, remember Marc: "A fool and his $$ are soon parted" I payed for some of my cars in HS by doing work on other fools cars and charging them.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Contributors

Well milk the fool as much as you can, remember Marc: "A fool and his $$ are soon parted" I payed for some of my cars in HS by doing work on other fools cars and charging them.
Fools are capitalism's best friend
Old 04-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

Lol it continues
Old 04-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Members

Well first, you are incorrect. There is no 18yo who "deserves" an M5. Second: "Helping" them build a business does not equate to actually toiling and scrounging to build a good life for your family through hard work as most of our members here who have M5's have done. That sense of entitlement won;t get you very far, and it's probably a big reason why V gets really pissed at you.

Bottom line: In this life you "deserve" nothing, don;t expect anyone to give you shit. You EARN everything in life. (read the quote in red in my sig)
Truth.

But then again, he was able to squeeze an M5 out of his parents savings, technically neither deserving it, nor earning it, but rather, getting away with it

Hmmmmm. OP, you have plenty of time to work for a car like that!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by Shezmon
wow. F**k i dun even come to this thread no more.. Lol.. I just had to drop by today.. but only to see the last page. What a waste of time. No offense.
Wow u were here to begin with? Whatta wall flower :thumbsdown:
Old 04-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by -Mike-
Ok, THAT is seriously funny!

Well first, you are incorrect. There is no 18yo who "deserves" an M5. Second: "Helping" them build a business does not equate to actually toiling and scrounging to build a good life for your family through hard work as most of our members here who have M5's have done. That sense of entitlement won;t get you very far, and it's probably a big reason why V gets really pissed at you.

Bottom line: In this life you "deserve" nothing, don;t expect anyone to give you shit. You EARN everything in life. (read the quote in red in my sig)
Honestly, I got pissed because he endangers himself and others. His sense of entitlement - in the long run, if he doesn't get himself into any serious trouble, will play out to be a good thing. What I don't have any respect for is laziness combined with demand for "nice things". But again, I was a dumb kid myself. What I feel made me better is that at 16yo I came to the States from Russia without parents and now, it has been about 15 years, and I'm doing good (all things considered and Thank God!) - I'm in position to have a nice car, help out my family and enjoy myself a little bit too. I'm not living an episode of Cribs - not even close, and any and all of the toys I've accumulated - I've had to work long and hard to get to the point of being able to afford them. So if someone says "i lifted my little finger on my left hand, give me an M5", I just laugh. I try to spoil my close ones whenever I can now, but ultimately, I know that no matter how much I spoil them, the world will eventually even out all the "spoils", so I try to "teach how to fish" as opposed to just providing it on a meal-by-meal basis, if you know what I mean...
Old 04-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Honestly, I got pissed because he endangers himself and others. His sense of entitlement - in the long run, if he doesn't get himself into any serious trouble, will play out to be a good thing. What I don't have any respect for is laziness combined with demand for "nice things". But again, I was a dumb kid myself. What I feel made me better is that at 16yo I came to the States from Russia without parents and now, it has been about 15 years, and I'm doing good (all things considered and Thank God!) - I'm in position to have a nice car, help out my family and enjoy myself a little bit too. I'm not living an episode of Cribs - not even close, and any and all of the toys I've accumulated - I've had to work long and hard to get to the point of being able to afford them. So if someone says "i lifted my little finger on my left hand, give me an M5", I just laugh. I try to spoil my close ones whenever I can now, but ultimately, I know that no matter how much I spoil them, the world will eventually even out all the "spoils", so I try to "teach how to fish" as opposed to just providing it on a meal-by-meal basis, if you know what I mean...

I know exactly what you mean bro, my parents could have provided me anything, but they chose to make me work for things instead. As a kid, I hated it, but seeing how things could have been if I was handed everything I REALLY appreciate what they did now.

Quick Reply: Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.