E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
Thank you e6t, btw lol how do you know my real name?

you singed a post with your name
Old 03-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Contributors

kk nvm. I am tired now cant think now, after everything happened.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Kid, you're so fucking lucky I'm not the type to rat on you. I WISH someone would knock your plate to your local LEOs so you can get what's coming to you.

And Andre, FUCK YOU! There, delete this thread too!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

damn, i only got to read page one of the other thread
Old 03-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMWPower06
damn, i only got to read page one of the other thread
Back to the USSR, you know how luck you are, boy

Censorship - its what's up these days

friggin' idiots... they delete the other thread, but this one - this one's ok... motherfucking clowns! Yes, Andre, I'm talking about you!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Senior Members

This thread was also a good read, however, I think the other thread should not have been deleted. It would've served to not only make the OP a better drive but others who read the board as well...
Old 03-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Contributors

This thread was also a good read, however, I think the other thread should not have been deleted. It would've served to not only make the OP a better drive but others who read the board as well...

lol sounds like capitalism to me... in certain ways.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Contributors

is someone talking?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Senior Members

I don't get it? lol

But I am all for Capitalism!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

There is no doubt that some of the posts within 550ifreak's thread about his car accident violated the board's Terms of Service in that they were harassing and defamatory. I can only assume that that is why the thread was deleted. I disagree with the wholesale deletion of the thread as there were things in the thread that had value and frankly that were useful. The OP boasted in earlier threads of drug use and reckless driving in a residential neighborhood. Members, including me, warned him that he was heading for an accident or worse, the loss of life. And sure enough, just days later, 550ifreak wrecked his M5. This is a great example that bad driving behavior can have serious consequences and why it is reckless for parents to assist their 18 year old son acquire one of the most powerful and dangerous sedans in the world.

Deleting the entire thread was, in this member's humble opinion, an overreaction to certain specific posts within the thread that were in violation of the Terms of Service. To me, the better practice would have been to delete those posts but not to delete the entire thread. The reality is that 550ifreak started the thread and, given his previous threads, an overwhelming negative reaction was an inevitable consequence that he had to expect. Simply put, he put the matter at issue. Having done that, I do not think the consequences of his actions should have been eliminated in toto.

At the end of the day, this board belongs to Lomag who owns the domain name. The board is private property and the protections of Free Speech in the US Constitution do not apply. So the admins/mods had every legal right to delete the thread if they wanted. But this member does not think that was the best course of action.

When AmericanM5 (Josh) died in his M5 and took 4 of his friends with him to the grave, the media looked long and hard at what fellow M5board members told him prior to his death. And to their credit, the M5board members denounced his reckless driving and begged him to stop before he killed someone. And the media praised what the members had tried to do to stop Josh's march toward death. The members here have been trying to do the same thing with 550ifreak. Some posts were indeed mean-spirited and nasty and those could have been deleted. But many others were well within the Terms of Serivce and, to me, should have been spared the executioner's ax.

Vlad (550ifreak), I see that you are regularly checking this thread. When you cut through all of the over the top comments made against you, you should understand that the motivator behind much of the negative comments is the desire by members not to see you kill yourself or others with your M5. You have your whole life ahead of you young man. Don't squander it in a fit of youthful adrenaline. You've clearly got significant family money. Use some of it to join a track where you can wring out every last drop of performance from your beast without endangering others.

Quick Reply: Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.