E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

BMW550iFreak's Licence is Suspended!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Online braggart talks his way into 6-month driving ban for driving 100 km/h over speed limit

http://news.therecord.com/article/759950

By Amy Dempsey, Toronto Star

Watch your driving ? and your mouth.

That?s the lesson a 19-year-old Vaughan man is learning after he boasted online about driving 100 km/h over the speed limit and was charged with careless driving.

York Regional police said Vladimir Rigenco pleaded guilty to the charge and has been banned from driving for six months. He was also sentenced to 12 months probation, must take part in a remedial driving program and pay a $1,000 fine.

At his home in Vaughan on Tuesday evening, Rigenco said the police couldn?t prove he was driving 140 km/h in a 40 km/h zone.

?They can?t prove anything ? it?s just a forum,? he said.

When asked how he felt about all the attention, he replied: ?How do you think I feel? Famous for something stupid.?

Police said Rigenco admitted to posting under the username ?bmw550ifreak? on the BMW fan site 5 Series Forums.

View Rigenco?s web post

On March 16 that user started a discussion thread called: ?Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.? That zone was a subdivision in Vaughan.

?The title says it all basically,? Rigenco wrote.

He described in detail how he stopped his 2006 BMW M5S on Apple Blossom Dr. and then floored it.

?I hit 140 in like 6 or less seconds lol,? he wrote.

Rigenco also posted about challenging another vehicle to a race on Dufferin St. ?I cant stop racing with this car,? he wrote.

Rigenco was slammed by outraged forum members who were not impressed with his boastful post.

?It?s really not something to be bragging about, I have a son and I worry about drivers like you,? one user wrote.

?There is a clear and present danger on the streets of Toronto,? another forum member wrote.

?Buddy. . . i think you are terribly misguided here. The fact that you knowingly pulled into a subdivision and did this, is just downright stupid.?

Following the negative reaction, Rigenco apologized and expressed regret in numerous posts throughout the 24-page thread.

?I drive everyday on my M5 and think about this thread it frustrates me, because I know I should have not done what I did,? Rigenco wrote. ?I am driving as careful as I can now.?

At least one forum comment came from a person who claimed to be walking down Apple Blossom Dr. with their son when Rigenco sped down the street.

?If I ever see you speeding down the neighbourhood again, the cops are going to be the least of your worries!!!?

Police said a 5 Series Forums member from the U.S. tipped them off about Rigenco. One of the last posts in the thread is a note from an officer.

?Any witnesses that wish to come forward on Apple Blossom Drive, Vaughan about the dangerous operation of 2006 BMW M5S please contact Sergeant Morash, of York Regional Police.?

Rigenco?s reaction ? a simple, alarmed ?um? ? follows in another post.

?Just looking at forums is obviously not enough, so an investigation was launched,? said Const. Serguei Barmakov.

He said police canvassed the neighbourhood and found a person who had witnessed the speeding incident and was willing to give a statement. Soon after, they found Rigenco.

?He knew it was coming and he was remorseful for his actions,? Barmakov said.

Barmakov said the Apple Blossom Dr. incident wasn?t an isolated occurrence ? many of Rigenco?s neighbours were concerned about his driving.

Rigenco also admitted to smoking marijuana and started a thread about a car accident he said he was involved in with his BMW a few weeks after the speeding incident. Barmakov said police didn?t have enough evidence to pursue charges for either of these things.

Rigenco was originally charged with stunt driving and dangerous operation of a motor vehicle ? charges which, if he was convicted, could have left him with a criminal record.

Fortunately for Rigenco, said his lawyer Aaron Spektor, those charges were dropped. Spektor called the case ?bizarre? and said his client learned a lot from the embarrassment.

?He feels really stupid,? Spektor said.

Spektor describes Rigenco as a brilliant student who was offered scholarships from Ryerson, York and the University of Toronto. He wants to be a pilot. Spektor said Rigenco?s parents, who don?t know much about cars, bought the M5 for him as a reward for doing well in school. He said the parents just didn?t know any better.

?What business does he have behind the wheel of an M5? A 500-horsepower car??

?Suffice it to say, it?s gone. He doesn?t have it anymore. They took it.?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by bmwgroup
ADHD got the best of that kid. (http://www.adhd.com)

I think V the Rooskie contacted the Cops!! lol

& I am guessing the moderators will delete this thread too hahahahahah so long for "We do not delete threads, theres history behind this forum..." pfft.
yeah you're right! the moderators are on this thread like white on rice and, for good reason.

I noticed a new and only post by "youguyssuck" and he had nothing constuctive to add. I was about to blast him because he started lambasting (lightly put) everyone on this forum, that was until his post got deleted haha. what a douchebag. Noobs are joining at an alarming rate because of this news; all to just add their 2 cent. Most we welcome, others are just plain stupid with their remarks and their deletion I am all for
Old 08-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

John, I don't wanna argue with you, bc I'm buying your spacers but you're taking this way too seriously. No one would've arrested him, unless there was evidence. I don't know if you read all the pieces and saw all the clips, but in one clip they stated specifically that once the complaint letter reached the local PD, LE's set out on foot through the area to find eye witnesses - and they were not hard to find. They actually interviewed a guy on camera - supposedly, Vlad's neighbor, who said Vlad flew by him when he was walking his baby with his wife (or something to that extent). Coincidentally, in that same clip, they showed his mother and she acted like she had no idea he was ever in trouble. But in the end, it was his community that was the deciding factor - people who saw him race through streets where their kids play spoke up. I would've spoken up too, if he did it on the street where my kids play!
No more spacers for you you arguing son of a bitch I only went from the info I saw on the threads and one small story. This was presented on here as this forum was the cause of the conviction. After seeing some of the media this forum honestly has shit to do with it except adding a little fuel to the fire. When you are a notorious cocksucker in your neighborhood you'll eventually get caught. For me the only things that really bothers me is people making a call to the police and the use of internet rantings to help convict him. I also agree with you that if it was in my real life community I would also speak up, but I wouldn't be a coward and make an anonymous call. Let me be clear: they could gas this kid for all I care just don't infringe on my personal freedoms

As far as taking it too seriously: I'm pontificating on the fucking internet How can we ever take what people say THAT seriously. For all you know (and hope for I'm sure ) I'm a 16 year old girl.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
There's a difference between locking a thread and deleting it. They only locked the other thread and I hope they lock this one too.
Why lock it? We are simply discussing a matter regarding one of our own forum members
Old 08-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

Originally Posted by BMWPower06
Why lock it? We are simply discussing a matter regarding one of our own forum members
I agree. I think the debate has generally been kept fairly reasonable and not gotten down to name calling............yet
Old 08-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Members

@dandmb50

Think he got the message yet? I doubt it. And he does not represent people that live in Toronto, although we do have many like this yahoo, but most are responsible.
Maybe at least now people realize that what you put on the internets is always open to anyone, and can be seen by anyone, including the police.
Does anyone know who contacted the York Regional Police, they deserve a reward, and it's all over our news here in Toronto.

I didn't have a pic of a horses ass.

Daniel .. Toronto, CANADA
http://bit.ly/bKGa13
Old 08-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Contributors

BMW550iFreak's Licence is Suspended!!!-yawn.jpg

this is getting boring
Old 08-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmwgroup

?Suffice it to say, it?s gone. He doesn?t have it anymore.They took it.?
This is the WORST part of this story by far. He lost his amazing car. What a bum rap this kid got. Wait, he's not a kid, he's 19! He's a man. :thumbsdown:
Old 08-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Howitzer
This is the WORST part of this story by far. He lost his amazing car. What a bum rap this kid got. Wait, he's not a kid, he's 19! He's a man. :thumbsdown:
How so? Driving a car, much less an M5, is not a right - it's a privilege. If you are not responsible enough to drive, and clearly demonstrated it, then what is the problem with his parents taking away the car? If you're young and want to avoid this problem, simple, buy you own damn car. I have bought my own cars my whole life, even though my parents could've bought it for me they didn't and I didn't want them to.
The only thing that happened is he lost the use an amazing car by proving himself far less stellar than his car.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by poleposition
Attachment 137571

this is getting boring
+1000 Agreed.

We're giving way too much attention to this kid. Whatever's done is done. And he got what he deserves. Keep talking about it won't change a thing. Let's move on.

Quick Reply: BMW550iFreak's Licence is Suspended!!!