E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Will a 545/550 exhaust fit a 530?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 02:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by Jed Peter' post='421340' date='May 5 2007, 03:37 PM
Alex:

I have a custom Dinan muffler (test) on my 530. I can tell you that the 530 fits with a few modifications....

Obviously : it is a muffler ..
Old 05-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tconner' post='421525' date='May 6 2007, 12:37 AM
Hey Jed, see this link, http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=39297 -

You will see the cost of cars that E60 members pay that live outside the USA, such as Thailand, Singapore, Argentina, you really gotta love BMW's to pay the taxes eveident in some coutnries outside the US, and I would say that these die hard fans & owners of BMW's that dig deep in their pockets to own their dream deserve your respect and support.

I am originally from California, just as you are, but in the rest of the world we have to do what we can if we want to fulfil our dreams, I am forced by the Thai Goverment regulations to pay 160,000 USD for an E60 525, so I have made it all I can while keeping to the Thailand laws. I could easily afford to own an M5 in the US, (and then some!), but I am not so crazy to pay 250K - 300K for the M5 here... And yes, I am a great guy.

I had thought this website was about sharing ideas and helping each other, yet in this one thread, there has been name calling, arguments and it seems there is too much pride out there by some members that we new members or non BMW "Experts"- that may write the wrong word or ask a silly question from time to time, or have a car that is considered "lame", it all comes back to us with a very negative feel. Why should any person want to be part of this? Cheers
You mention how well to do you are many times in the last two posts. You seem to be really impressed with the fact that you make a lot of money.

That's nice for you.

Please answer the following question--Why are you trying to be/pose as something you are not?

From Dictionary.com:

Top Web Results for "poseur"

4 results for: poseur
[ Nearby Entries ]
View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | All Reference | the Web

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
po?seur [poh-zur; Fr. paw-z?r] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
?noun, plural -seurs [-zurz; Fr. -z?r] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation.
a person who attempts to impress others by assuming or affecting a manner, degree of elegance, sentiment, etc., other than his or her true one.
[Origin: 1880?85; < F; see pose1, -eur]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, ? Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
po?seur (p?-z?r', p?'z?r) Pronunciation Key
n. One who affects a particular attribute, attitude, or identity to impress or influence others.

[French, from poser, to pose, from Old French; see pose1.]

(Download Now or Buy the Book)
The American Heritage? Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright ? 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Online Etymology Dictionary - Cite This Source
poseur
"one who practices affected attitudes," 1872, from Fr. poseur, from verb poser "affect an attitude or pose," from O.Fr. poser "to put or place" (see pose (v.1)). The word is Eng. poser in Fr. garb, and thus could itself be considered an affectation.

Online Etymology Dictionary, ? 2001 Douglas Harper
WordNet - Cite This Source
poseur

noun
a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not

WordNet? 3.0, ? 2006 by Princeton University.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Tconner, I have nothing against you but in this case I have to agree with Jed, posing your 525 as an M5 is really lame. Oh well....who cares....your money anyways...right poseur?
Old 05-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW E60, Titanium Silver with original BMW Mtec front, aprons, M5 trunk cover, badging, de-chroming, M5 steering wheel, M5 mags BBK JBT 380 mm 6 pot front 355 4 pot rear / Eibach Pro Spring Kit - ICE - Genisis LOC converter, Alpine Multi Media Manager, DLS Ultimate Big 5 amp, Morel Elate 6 front speakers, MB Quart rear speakers, 2 sets SEAS Lotus 10" subs, IPOD interface via Harman Kardon Drive+Play, Critical Mass 10 Farad power capacitor, best of both worlds... Also Bluetooth interface, M5 original sport exhaust, M door sills, and more...

Originally Posted by JPJ' post='421187' date='May 5 2007, 05:21 AM
Ted,

Could you post a sound clip? I would love to hear how it sounds.

I probabaly would go with no badge if it was my car, but you got some great mods! Nice car.

Jeff
No worries Jeff, here is the sound clip.
Cheers
Ted
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
525_with_M5_exhaust.mp3 (143.4 KB, 92 views)
Old 05-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 5.30i Saphire Black on Auburn, Sports Pckg, Premium Pckg, Sound Pckg, HUD, Cold Weather Pckg, Heated Rear Seats, Electronic Rear Window Shade, Foldable Rear Seats with Ski Bag, European Reflectors, Active Steering, PDC, 19" AC Schnitzer Type II, Front: 245/35, Rear: 275/30 Toyo T1S, H&R Sports Springs, 35% Tinted Windows, B&B exhaust w/ custom straight pipe

TConner, I feel you man. I live in Indo and I know how much cars cost outside the US. The amount we spend on cars in Asia we can easily buy exotic cars in the US. I dont see anything wrong with posing as an M5 in Thailand. Traffic is bad anyways, so its useless to get anything super fast. And plus many people do it anyways, cuz they know they cant enjoy the 500 horses on the roads in Asia. I agree with your point that we're all here to give help and info, and not to b*tch about other people's cars. bottom line is, you spent $160k on your car, and if it gives you satisfaction, thats all that matters
Old 05-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Hah....true. Coming from Asia we all know how ridiculoud cars are priced. But that is still no excuse for being a poseur. If i have a 525i back home, I will never try to look like an M5 and have people ridicule me for being a poseur. To each his own.

BTW the M5 exhaust sounds great on the 525, I love the raspy tone.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by tconner' post='421750' date='May 7 2007, 02:15 AM
Cheers
Ted
sounds great ted!
pretty similar to an m5!
Old 05-08-2007, 12:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW E60, Titanium Silver with original BMW Mtec front, aprons, M5 trunk cover, badging, de-chroming, M5 steering wheel, M5 mags BBK JBT 380 mm 6 pot front 355 4 pot rear / Eibach Pro Spring Kit - ICE - Genisis LOC converter, Alpine Multi Media Manager, DLS Ultimate Big 5 amp, Morel Elate 6 front speakers, MB Quart rear speakers, 2 sets SEAS Lotus 10" subs, IPOD interface via Harman Kardon Drive+Play, Critical Mass 10 Farad power capacitor, best of both worlds... Also Bluetooth interface, M5 original sport exhaust, M door sills, and more...

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='421843' date='May 7 2007, 10:01 PM
sounds great ted!
pretty similar to an m5!
Thanks, I think so too, but missing the low end growl a bit, but still was suprised at the raspy sound, and pleased!

--
Also thanks to all the others with the negative and positve views about my decisions regarding my car, all are appreciated in one way or another.

Took a day to think over the comments, and in the end, I am happy with my car, and I came to the conclusion that I am not worried about what others think, let alone scared about being ridiculed by others. My baby is beautiful - I am pleased how it came out.

So back to the original purpose we are here, did we ever actually answer his question? Will a 545/550 exhaust (muffler) fit a 530?

My only goal was to inform him that indeed an M5 muffler fits, sounds great and I have tried to post the pics of the install to help out our brother BMW owner based on my experience. Further this mod was done at the BMW dealer, don't know if your dealer would go for it, but out here they were kind enough to make the change for me.

My car has never stalled, and idles smooth, next will be a K&N filter a friend is bringing over from the US in a week or two, I expect with that installed it will breath in a bit better from the top end and hopefully it may even sound a bit better from what I have read on other threads.

Cheers,

Ted
Old 05-08-2007, 05:03 PM
JPJ
Contributors

Originally Posted by tconner' post='421750' date='May 7 2007, 02:15 AM
Cheers
Ted
Thanks Ted -- that sounds nice
Old 05-08-2007, 05:12 PM
JPJ
Contributors

Originally Posted by tconner' post='422162' date='May 8 2007, 04:55 AM
So back to the original purpose we are here, did we ever actually answer his question? Will a 545/550 exhaust (muffler) fit a 530?
I think the question was answered that yes, the muffler/rear exhaust made for a V8, or even the left side for an M5, can be made to fit a 525/530 without a great deal of modification.

My first choice is obviously to find something that was originally made for my model, but if I find another alternative for a good price I know it can be made to work as well.

Thank you to everyone for you responses and opinions.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Will a 545/550 exhaust fit a 530?