E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Will a 545/550 exhaust fit a 530?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

great.....good luck finding one. B&B sounds great btw, nice deep sound....
Old 05-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

great.....good luck finding one. B&B sounds great btw, nice deep sound....
Old 05-03-2007, 12:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW E60, Titanium Silver with original BMW Mtec front, aprons, M5 trunk cover, badging, de-chroming, M5 steering wheel, M5 mags BBK JBT 380 mm 6 pot front 355 4 pot rear / Eibach Pro Spring Kit - ICE - Genisis LOC converter, Alpine Multi Media Manager, DLS Ultimate Big 5 amp, Morel Elate 6 front speakers, MB Quart rear speakers, 2 sets SEAS Lotus 10" subs, IPOD interface via Harman Kardon Drive+Play, Critical Mass 10 Farad power capacitor, best of both worlds... Also Bluetooth interface, M5 original sport exhaust, M door sills, and more...

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='419660' date='May 1 2007, 11:48 AM
Well.....bosg's words aint the kindest. However, I have to agree that the 545-550 exhaust does fir in a 530. I do not understand what the heck alex is talking about modifying engine to make it fit. It's just an exhaust for christ's sake. The only issue I see as to why you cannot swap exhaust between cars would be fitment issues and in this case the 530 and 545 has the exact fitment. I know this because I am the one who gave my exhaust away to bosg. Furthermore, I also gave him my custom straight pipe that came with the exhaust and it fits perfectly with his 530. Alex and others, can you please explain what kind of engine tuning is specifically needed? Maybe I am missing something?? :thumbsdown:
I do know that an M5 original Exhaust will fit on a 525. I have a 2007, and I purchased the complete set of M5 mufflers, left and right. The left fit with only very minor modifications done by BMW. They also would have done the right side, but that entailed modification of the spare tire well, and relocation of the battery. I did not install the right one at this time, but had BMW cut the tips off the right side muffler and mount them to a bracket so left and right look original and fit the M5 rear bumper openings perfectly. In future when I stroke the N52 to 3.2 liters I will go ahead and put an X pipe in and install the right side muffler. I did the cutting of the right side muffler so it could be put back together without any external signs from the outside. I have some pics, left side has an original M5 muffler on the 525 with N52 engine (same as 530), and right side shows the tips (dummy), also you can see where BMW cut the existing exhaust pipe and made a flange connection to the new M5 muffler. The pic of the mufflers in the box is the old one they removed, and the right side M5 muffer I have yet to use just underneath it. Sound is great even with only 1 installed at this time!
Ted
Attached Thumbnails Will a 545/550 exhaust fit a 530?-e60_rear_view.jpg   Will a 545/550 exhaust fit a 530?-m5_exhaust.jpg   Will a 545/550 exhaust fit a 530?-bracket.jpg   Will a 545/550 exhaust fit a 530?-dummy_right_side.jpg   Will a 545/550 exhaust fit a 530?-old_stock_exhaust.jpg  

Old 05-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tconner' post='420563' date='May 3 2007, 01:28 AM
I do know that an M5 original Exhaust will fit on a 525. I have a 2007, and I purchased the complete set of M5 mufflers, left and right. The left fit with only very minor modifications done by BMW. They also would have done the right side, but that entailed modification of the spare tire well, and relocation of the battery. I did not install the right one at this time, but had BMW cut the tips off the right side muffler and mount them to a bracket so left and right look original and fit the M5 rear bumper openings perfectly. In future when I stroke the N52 to 3.2 liters I will go ahead and put an X pipe in and install the right side muffler. I did the cutting of the right side muffler so it could be put back together without any external signs from the outside. I have some pics, left side has an original M5 muffler on the 525 with N52 engine (same as 530), and right side shows the tips (dummy), also you can see where BMW cut the existing exhaust pipe and made a flange connection to the new M5 muffler. The pic of the mufflers in the box is the old one they removed, and the right side M5 muffer I have yet to use just underneath it. Sound is great even with only 1 installed at this time!
Ted
Ted, you seem like a great guy.

But badging up a 525 with dummy parts (oem or otherwise) and badging i as an M5 is just about the LAMEST thing I've ever seen.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:21 PM
JPJ
Contributors

Originally Posted by tconner' post='420563' date='May 3 2007, 04:28 AM
Sound is great even with only 1 installed at this time!
Ted
Ted,

Could you post a sound clip? I would love to hear how it sounds.

I probabaly would go with no badge if it was my car, but you got some great mods! Nice car.

Jeff
Old 05-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i w/SMG - JetBlack - Dinan Software - Dinan Exhaust - Anthracite Trim - Anthracite Headliner - Sport Package

Originally Posted by AlexFW' post='419761' date='May 1 2007, 05:42 AM
You are right, I read only subject : "Will a 545/550 exhaust fit a 530?"
Bug mistake : with a serious exhaust 545i gains at least 25 HP, with 'stupid' exhaust maybe 5 .

Hey smart guy Alex, did you ever think that people may buy a "STUPID" exhaust for SOUND?
For whatever reason you got fixated on High HP gains when maybe, just maybe some us look to improve the sound of our cars

And I guess that you know more than Supersprint, Eisenman, Dinan, Borla, B&B etc. cause they all put out a stupid product for stupid people to buy?

I guess I am one of them too. :thumbsdown:

P.S. you can buy my stock 550 exhaust it has lees than 5 miles ever used as my car was sent to Dinan right from Stevens Creek BMW in San Jose. $50 + shipping
Old 05-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by JetBlack' post='421204' date='May 5 2007, 01:07 AM
Hey smart guy Alex, did you ever think that people may buy a "STUPID" exhaust for SOUND?
For whatever reason you got fixated on High HP gains when maybe, just maybe some us look to improve the sound of our cars
With ?1250 I have gained great sound (better than your) and 0.3s on the 0-100 (about 20-25 HP, I think : I will make a dyno test) : who is smart ?

I guess I am one of them too. :thumbsdown:

P.S. you can buy my stock 550 exhaust it has lees than 5 miles ever used as my car was sent to Dinan right from Stevens Creek BMW in San Jose. $50 + shipping

Your 550i exhaust is the same of the 545i exhaust : I have it in the garage, cutted in 3-4 pieces .
Old 05-05-2007, 05:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AlexFW' post='421312' date='May 5 2007, 12:52 AM
With ?1250 I have gained great sound (better than your) and 0.3s on the 0-100 (about 20-25 HP, I think : I will make a dyno test) : who is smart ?

Your 550i exhaust is the same of the 545i exhaust : I have it in the garage, cutted in 3-4 pieces .
Alex:

I have a custom Dinan muffler (test) on my 530. I can tell you that the 530 fits with a few modifications....and with decreased backpressure on the 6 (by using the muffler designed for the 8 cyl.) you get better gains in terms of throttle response and a bit of hp.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW E60, Titanium Silver with original BMW Mtec front, aprons, M5 trunk cover, badging, de-chroming, M5 steering wheel, M5 mags BBK JBT 380 mm 6 pot front 355 4 pot rear / Eibach Pro Spring Kit - ICE - Genisis LOC converter, Alpine Multi Media Manager, DLS Ultimate Big 5 amp, Morel Elate 6 front speakers, MB Quart rear speakers, 2 sets SEAS Lotus 10" subs, IPOD interface via Harman Kardon Drive+Play, Critical Mass 10 Farad power capacitor, best of both worlds... Also Bluetooth interface, M5 original sport exhaust, M door sills, and more...

Originally Posted by Jed Peter' post='421064' date='May 5 2007, 12:14 AM

But badging up a 525 with dummy parts (oem or otherwise) and badging i as an M5 is just about the LAMEST thing I've ever seen.
Hey Guy, A stock 525 costs 110,000 USD here in Thailand, an M5 costs 270,000 USD. I have already 160,000 USD in this car, so you seem like a guy that really has never left your home country. I am an American, hut have lived in Europe and in Asia for the past 15 years, so if you consider there is a world outside of the US, you will see that there are deeper reasons for my "lame" actions. So I may be "Lame" to you, but at least I have a brain and I try to be professional and polite in all things I do. Too bad they let you on this web site. - Lame would have been that I joined the M5 web board, i know what I have and I only try to give info and assist others who are out there. Thanks for your comments, I believe others will know where you are coming from.
Ted Conner
URACA
Old 05-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Jed Peter' post='421064' date='May 5 2007, 12:14 AM

Hey Jed, see this link, http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=39297 -

You will see the cost of cars that E60 members pay that live outside the USA, such as Thailand, Singapore, Argentina, you really gotta love BMW's to pay the taxes eveident in some coutnries outside the US, and I would say that these die hard fans & owners of BMW's that dig deep in their pockets to own their dream deserve your respect and support.

I am originally from California, just as you are, but in the rest of the world we have to do what we can if we want to fulfil our dreams, I am forced by the Thai Goverment regulations to pay 160,000 USD for an E60 525, so I have made it all I can while keeping to the Thailand laws. I could easily afford to own an M5 in the US, (and then some!), but I am not so crazy to pay 250K - 300K for the M5 here... And yes, I am a great guy.

I had thought this website was about sharing ideas and helping each other, yet in this one thread, there has been name calling, arguments and it seems there is too much pride out there by some members that we new members or non BMW "Experts"- that may write the wrong word or ask a silly question from time to time, or have a car that is considered "lame", it all comes back to us with a very negative feel. Why should any person want to be part of this? Cheers

Quick Reply: Will a 545/550 exhaust fit a 530?