E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Who's Interested In HID Reverse?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08' 550i

MORE PICS @ https://5series.net/forums/topic/973...&#entry1162175
Old 05-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i Sport 6MT

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
Pictures are up here: https://5series.net/forums/topic/973...everse-lights/

What year and model E60 do you have? Do u have factory xenons? V3 angel eyes? Go with MTEC V2. One of the brightest angel eyes.
Thanks for the tip on the Mtec V2!!! ... They look brighter and cheaper.
No Error Codes with these?
Is the color 6000k? ... or is it lower?
I think ultimately, if they are 6000k, I'll change my Hi/Lows to 6000K also as I like that side of the white spectrum more than the yellower.

What is the recommendation on fogs?
I would prefer not to get HID only because, on a BMW, when you flash highs or go from high back to low, it hits the ballast on the fog every time b/c they alternate.
Ive heard that's tough on the ballast.
On the other hand, I am very picky about my lights and want a good match.

Is there a good solution for the separate passing highs as well?
Not the High's on the bi-xenon bulb, but the one that flashes on when you pull back the lever.

Finally, the bulbs that come on inside the inner Angel Eye when just parking lights are on... I am thinking of eliminating that, because it interferes with the look of the halos.
I've noticed other people don't have it in some pics, but I'm not sure if they deleted it, or just showing the AE's with the car off (which keeps the DL bulb I'm referring to off also).

There are so many things to consider on these newer BMW's in terms of lights that it can drive you nuts.
On the other hand, I think when you get it right, it looks unbelievable.

I have a 2004 545i 6SM. Was looking for 2008 550, but this one only had 30k miles and was perfect except for the front bumper which had screw holes in it from a front license plate
No worries though, because I'm getting the OEM M technic body
I have xenons with focusers and I assume they are factory...they look to be so.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by Tuned1
Thanks for the tip on the Mtec V2!!! ... They look brighter and cheaper.
No Error Codes with these?
Is the color 6000k? ... or is it lower?
I think ultimately, if they are 6000k, I'll change my Hi/Lows to 6000K also as I like that side of the white spectrum more than the yellower.

What is the recommendation on fogs?
I would prefer not to get HID only because, on a BMW, when you flash highs or go from high back to low, it hits the ballast on the fog every time b/c they alternate.
Ive heard that's tough on the ballast.
On the other hand, I am very picky about my lights and want a good match.

Is there a good solution for the separate passing highs as well?
Not the High's on the bi-xenon bulb, but the one that flashes on when you pull back the lever.

Finally, the bulbs that come on inside the inner Angel Eye when just parking lights are on... I am thinking of eliminating that, because it interferes with the look of the halos.
I've noticed other people don't have it in some pics, but I'm not sure if they deleted it, or just showing the AE's with the car off (which keeps the DL bulb I'm referring to off also).

There are so many things to consider on these newer BMW's in terms of lights that it can drive you nuts.
On the other hand, I think when you get it right, it looks unbelievable.

I have a 2004 545i 6SM. Was looking for 2008 550, but this one only had 30k miles and was perfect except for the front bumper which had screw holes in it from a front license plate
No worries though, because I'm getting the OEM M technic body
I have xenons with focusers and I assume they are factory...they look to be so.
Feel free to send me an email to discuss more. I couldn't send you a PM until you have 5 posts.

No error codes for the MTEC V2. Pure plug and play and takes me less than 10 minutes to install.

Fog lights, I DO NOT recommend the blue tinted over wattage bulbs. I have many customers previously had the following: (A) install those blue tinted over powered bulbs and I had to repair the factory harness since it melted and ( install some cheap HID kits where the installer didn't know how to work it and messed up the wiring.

My HID fogs are PLUG AND PLAY, no errors, no flickering, no external resistor/capacitor needed. Comes with a 1-year warranty. I flash high beams A LOT with my fogs on and yes, they turn off every time it happens but it didnt prematurely wear out my ballasts yet. Don't worry, technology is good nowadays.

As for the high beam bulb, I recommend leaving it alone. U could get the blue tinted H7 bulb since u will only be using it once in a blue moon anyway. It wouldnt damage it the socket or housing but it will look like a blue glob in the middle. Doesnt look that nice.

The inner light is ur high beam / daytime running lights. U can have ur dealer turn that off. It will look MUCH nicer.

Congrats on ur purchase. I too have the 545i 6 speed. But I did so much converting for the car it's crazy. LOL