E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Valentine 1 ( Arrows )

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone who has the Valentine 1, explain to me how & why the arrows are so good to have?
All I have read when I searched this radar detector here is people commenting on arrows allowing visuals of where the threat is coming from.
Who cares where its coming from, your only concern after receiving the alert is to slow down, right?
Even if there are two or three threads ahead, side, behind you... with other radar detectors your still getting the alert and as long as you getting the alert your going to stay the speed limit.

So far no one as explained why the arrows are the reasons to have teh Valentine 1 over other detectors in the market.

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Kzang' post='918403' date='Jun 20 2009, 08:51 PM
Can someone who has the Valentine 1, explain to me how & why the arrows are so good to have?
All I have read when I searched this radar detector here is people commenting on arrows allowing visuals of where the threat is coming from.
Who cares where its coming from, your only concern after receiving the alert is to slow down, right?
Even if there are two or three threads ahead, side, behind you... with other radar detectors your still getting the alert and as long as you getting the alert your going to stay the speed limit.

So far no one as explained why the arrows are the reasons to have teh Valentine 1 over other detectors in the market.

Thanks!
It's just so you know where it's coming from and it's a lot easier to spot the cop if you know approximately where he is.
I guess it just better than hearing a BEEP and that's it.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Knowing where the radar is coming from helps me know not only where the potential threat is coming from, but more importantly, whether I really need to slow down or keep going. For example, here in NY, there are plenty of highways and roads that criss-cross. I've had my V1 go off countless times and with the arrows, I knew the radar was not being pointed in my direction or on my highway. I kept speeding at 150mph and didn't look back.

PS - I came from the Passport and got 2 tickets with that. The beeps just didn't cut it.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='918406' date='Jun 20 2009, 08:55 PM
Knowing where the radar is coming from helps me know not only where the potential threat is coming from, but more importantly, whether I really need to slow down or keep going. For example, here in NY, there are plenty of highways and roads that criss-cross. I've had my V1 go off countless times and with the arrows, I knew the radar was not being pointed in my direction or on my highway. I kept speeding at 150mph and didn't look back.

PS - I came from the Passport and got 2 tickets with that. The beeps just didn't cut it.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Contributors

well if you pass highway patrol and he flips on his radar youll know you are being painted and will keep your speed down until its over

that to me is enough to buy one
Old 06-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 08' 550i

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/valentine-one/
Check there
Old 06-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Picture this: You're driving at night on a highway, a state trooper may be tailing you for a few miles from behind without you knowing. If you don't have arrow, you'd never know what is behind you and thought its a false alarm since the radar keeps beeping as you drive along. So, you speed up and the trooper tags you over limit. End of story.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='918409' date='Jun 20 2009, 08:56 PM
well if you pass highway patrol and he flips on his radar youll know you are being painted and will keep your speed down until its over

that to me is enough to buy one
But even with a Beep, I would would still slow down.. You guys are not doing a good job and explaining why the arrows are better.

I'm debating on getting either the V1 $399 or Passport 9500ix $499
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Best Radar out there!
Contributors

Originally Posted by theXman' post='918416' date='Jun 20 2009, 09:05 PM
Picture this: You're driving at night on a highway, a state trooper may be tailing you for a few miles from behind without you knowing. If you don't have arrow, you'd never know what is behind you and thought its a false alarm since the radar keeps beeping as you drive along. So, you speed up and the trooper tags you over limit. End of story.
Very nice example

Quick Reply: Valentine 1 ( Arrows )