E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza vs. Trinity (Bodykits)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530I Black Saphire

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
Thanks guys for all your kind words!

We do get it from the same people in China, but there is a difference in how we ship, our customer service, and our FITMENT really seems to be better than Umnitza.

I'm not sure how we quoted you $150, but it's $60 for business address and $90 for residential address. Thank you.

sideskirts that I got from Umnitza are too short

lumma bumper was 549 for pick up or 699 shipped.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

I still don't understand how Trinity can have better fitment on the exact same part. It's the same part, same mold, same manufacture, how can you claim to have better fitment?
Old 02-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by D33ZNUT5
I still don't understand how Trinity can have better fitment on the exact same part. It's the same part, same mold, same manufacture, how can you claim to have better fitment?

well howitzer ordered the rep m5 skirts from Umnitza and said it was too short

I ordered the rep m5 skirts from Trinity and they are also short

Its the same kit so if one vendors rep kit has a flaw, chances are since they are from the same mold the other will have it too as mine did
Old 02-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I dunno, mine aren't too short. All the parts fit perfectly, no problems at all with Trinity's
Old 02-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Contributors

its also possible that the skirts have had multiple mold runs and one batch came out a tad shorter than the others

my father does this in his other business and i see it happen quite a bit, its what happens on limited run injection moldings
Old 02-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
Thanks guys for all your kind words!

We do get it from the same people in China, but there is a difference in how we ship, our customer service, and our FITMENT really seems to be better than Umnitza.
Since you opened the can of worms...we've always been cordial, let's keep it that way.

If you get them from the same place, fitment is going to be identical. The Factory isn't going to make one set that doesn't fit for us and one that does fit for your supplier. That's just plain silly. Just look at PraiseLowered's posts and you'll see it isn't an "umnitza" issue neither is it a "trinity" issue.

As for customer service, every customer that is local to you raves about you. One interesting caveat is the same 5 guys pop in on every thread for Trinity...nevertheless, I have respect for your business. And, every customer local to us raves about our bumper quality as well as my guys at the shop for their customer service and care. We ship same or next business day and reply to every inquiry, email, and of course phone calls and take the time to talk each customer through everything they want to get - include offering the best price around.

Finally, there is a very important point people should be aware of, we are not a body shop/facility. Unlike your ability to install the parts, we have to rely on the quality installation at the shop of choice (sometimes they are great, sometimes they are not so great), you've even installed parts for our mutual customers that ordered from us but visited your shop.

So, the customer has many options, and there is no need to let this go any further other than to say, thank you all for your support.

SocalBimmer: I'm sorry you had a less than perfect experience. If there is anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to email or PM us.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by umnitza
Since you opened the can of worms...we've always been cordial, let's keep it that way.

If you get them from the same place, fitment is going to be identical. The Factory isn't going to make one set that doesn't fit for us and one that does fit for your supplier. That's just plain silly. Just look at PraiseLowered's posts and you'll see it isn't an "umnitza" issue neither is it a "trinity" issue.

As for customer service, every customer that is local to you raves about you. One interesting caveat is the same 5 guys pop in on every thread for Trinity...nevertheless, I have respect for your business. And, every customer local to us raves about our bumper quality as well as my guys at the shop for their customer service and care. We ship same or next business day and reply to every inquiry, email, and of course phone calls and take the time to talk each customer through everything they want to get - include offering the best price around.

Finally, there is a very important point people should be aware of, we are not a body shop/facility. Unlike your ability to install the parts, we have to rely on the quality installation at the shop of choice (sometimes they are great, sometimes they are not so great), you've even installed parts for our mutual customers that ordered from us but visited your shop.

So, the customer has many options, and there is no need to let this go any further other than to say, thank you all for your support.

SocalBimmer: I'm sorry you had a less than perfect experience. If there is anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to email or PM us.
Yeah there seems to be some fanboyishness going on sometimes around here and thats just an effect of their personal liking towards trinity and the people that run it.

Im happy with the rep skirts regardless of them being a little short 99% fitment at 50% off is a good return IMHO.

I dont think its very fair to state Trinity's Kit is superior, when its the same thing. I do have experience with their customer service and they bend over backwards to help out, Joe is stand up on that.

Right now there is an exact rep mtech front bumper that sparrowtek has in the vendor classifieds, if either umnitza or trinity can get this it will complete the full kit now
Old 02-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

The obvious difference is customer service.
Joe and Nerwyll will put the time in to answer your questions
and follow up on their sale. Plus there hasn't been any complaints
on Trinity's customer service which for me goes a long way.

Unfortunately, i cant say the same for Umnitza's customer service.
See for yourself and search for Umnitza, and there are threads with
unhappy members in regards to their customer service.
They might carry the same product, but they dont provide the same
consistent customer service.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by darkboyz68
The obvious difference is customer service.
Joe and Nerwyll will put the time in to answer your questions
and follow up on their sale. Plus there hasn't been any complaints
on Trinity's customer service which for me goes a long way.

Unfortunately, i cant say the same for Umnitza's customer service.
See for yourself and search for Umnitza, and there are threads with
unhappy members in regards to their customer service.
They might carry the same product, but they dont provide the same
consistent customer service.
well honestly its only relevant to those of members that have ordered from umnitza and had a bad experience
Old 02-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black Saphire

I heard the trinity bumpers are more aerodynamic but chicks dig the umnitza ones. I don't know, just what I heard. lol.

Quick Reply: Umnitza vs. Trinity (Bodykits)