E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza vs. Trinity (Bodykits)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i

I would go with Trinity. I have gone with Umnitza twice and both times I was very unhappy. I purchased the replica M5 rear bumper from them and my replica m-tech sideskirts (before Trinity started carrying them). I ended up selling the M5 bumper because I got a hartge diffuser to go with it and it didn't fit because the bumper was not even close to right, it was totally off, so I sold it and got a OEM M5 rear bumper. The sideskirts that I got from Umnitza are too short. Maybe I just got a bad set from Umnitza, I don't know. I did not have a problem with the shipping though. The items came in good condition and was easy to just pick up, if you have a truck.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Contributors

+1 for Trinity. I got the the entire kit from them and it fits like a glove. Great service from the boys at Trinity make it a no brainer for me.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Thanks guys for all your kind words!

We do get it from the same people in China, but there is a difference in how we ship, our customer service, and our FITMENT really seems to be better than Umnitza.

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
Well trinity doesnt charge $100-$150 to ship their rep bumper so I dont know what you guys are paying to ship it greyhound but even if you ship it greyhound for $60, thats right in there with what trinity charges to go directly to your house

Originally Posted by 415BMW
FYI I was quoted 150 to ship a bumper from trinity to San Francisco.
I'm not sure how we quoted you $150, but it's $60 for business address and $90 for residential address. Thank you.

Originally Posted by SoCalBimmer
I would go with Trinity. I have gone with Umnitza twice and both times I was very unhappy. I purchased the replica M5 rear bumper from them and my replica m-tech sideskirts (before Trinity started carrying them). I ended up selling the M5 bumper because I got a hartge diffuser to go with it and it didn't fit because the bumper was not even close to right, it was totally off, so I sold it and got a OEM M5 rear bumper. The sideskirts that I got from Umnitza are too short. Maybe I just got a bad set from Umnitza, I don't know. I did not have a problem with the shipping though. The items came in good condition and was easy to just pick up, if you have a truck.
sideskirts that I got from Umnitza are too short

Originally Posted by Nolan222
+1 for Trinity. I got the the entire kit from them and it fits like a glove. Great service from the boys at Trinity make it a no brainer for me.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Definitely go with Trinity, never had or seen any fitment issues with their kit. Supposedly same maker, but for some reason Trinity's fits perfectly, the gap on my front bumper is LESS that it was with stock, looks beautiful and you won;t find better guys to deal with.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 550i jet black, Loaded
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N62B48

I got quote from Trinity and Umnitza, went with Umnitza. Whole kit $900 shipped to Greyhound's downtown LA location. Called Greyhound, have them deliver to my house in a small van for extra $20, save me the trip and still a great deal to me.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
Thanks guys for all your kind words!

our customer service, and our FITMENT really seems to be better than Umnitza.
+1000
Old 02-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Contributors

lets not turn this into a bash umnitza, they carry the same kit and their prices are good too

the difference is in price packages and who you want to support
Old 02-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black Saphire

lets not turn this into a bash umnitza, they carry the same kit and their prices are good too

True
price versus service. Depends on which is most valuable to you.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Not quite just that PTL, there have been several threads here detailing fitment issues with the Umnitza kit, and yet not one describing any issues with Trinity's kit. There is a difference no matter how slight it may be, but it's there. Plus Trinity's unparalleled customer service.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Not quite just that PTL, there have been several threads here detailing fitment issues with the Umnitza kit, and yet not one describing any issues with Trinity's kit. There is a difference no matter how slight it may be, but it's there. Plus Trinity's unparalleled customer service.

i understand that but ive kinda kept my mouth shut for a bit about the rep skirts i got from trinity. They are short just like the umnitza ones. Maybe like a quarter inch but other than that the fitment is perfect and the look is good.

People bashed umnitza for this and yet the Trinity kit is the same. I think the difference is that Joe and Nerwyllslsadkaslf (whatever) give great customer service and umnitza has had a slight rough road here.

Quick Reply: Umnitza vs. Trinity (Bodykits)