E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Black on Black 530xi. NAV, Prem, Cold weath...

Well I just wanted to say that I got things taken care of with them. I think most of this is all a misunderstanding. Having a background in sales I understand firsthand that you will never satisfy every customer and things won't always be smooth and seamless! Like someone said this could go back and forth for 10 pages, and I find that umnitza is handling this very professionally.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='1072010' date='Dec 11 2009, 12:13 AM
It's a legitimate dyno and the data was extracted at the same time and mailed to us - which is the exact reason for the times of the actual files (not the runs) all showing the same time stamp. The runs were done within a span of 30 minutes with 2 runs done together and then a third run done after some cool down. While we don't have have actual dynos prior to the current one, our customer reported that his car had previously dyno'ed around 189-192 on another dynojet. That is what we based our ESTIMATES of the HP figures of 8-10.
Thanks for clarifying.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

boooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 550i jet black, Loaded
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N62B48

Originally Posted by ryanlemek' post='1072274' date='Dec 11 2009, 04:09 PM
Like someone said this could go back and forth for 10 pages, and I find that umnitza is handling this very professionally.
+1, I have no problem dealing with Umnitza, Matt's been extremely helpful. Same to Trinity, fast response from Nerwell and excellent service. The same to all the other great vendors on this forum.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Contributors

without a base dyno the dyno sheet would be pointless. a company can claim a gain of 60hp but would mean absolutely nothing without a before and after dyno to measure the loss or gains.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

I once contacted RPI about their exhaust for a 530 and they were very honest straight up since the beginning. They told me although other people claim gains of 10-15HP that is not realistic. They pointed out that at most I would see about a 5HP gain.
They knew what they were talking about, they had tested their product and could give me a solid answer. That's all I expect from a business.

I had decided not to get the RPI exhaust and was now looking into a quad with an M5 rear bumper. But after realizing I may lose some HP then I have decided not to.

To be honest, I was ready to buy the bumpers and exhaust when I called Umnizta last evening, credit card in hand. But they managed to change my mind not only with the exhaust but also with the bumpers. If you have a customer who called 6 times to inquiry about your product you should make sure you clear all his concerns, and if the person on the phone is not able to do it, then you come to the phone and do it instead of yelling from the background. I'm just not taking the risk of going thru hell. If that's the experience I get before buying, I don't want to find out what kind of customer support I'd get if I encounter any issues.
As I said, there are other options. I have just ordered the Mtech kit thru Trinity 10 minutes ago.

Take this for what is worht, don't underestimate your customers and don't bite the hand that feeds you. No offense intended, good luck to everyone.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by LeuS' post='1072346' date='Dec 11 2009, 03:48 PM
I once contacted RPI about their exhaust for a 530 and they were very honest straight up since the beginning. They told me although other people claim gains of 10-15HP that is not realistic. They pointed out that at most I would see about a 5HP gain.
They knew what they were talking about, they had tested their product and could give me a solid answer. That's all I expect from a business.

I had decided not to get the RPI exhaust and was now looking into a quad with an M5 rear bumper. But after realizing I may lose some HP then I have decided not to.

To be honest, I was ready to buy the bumpers and exhaust when I called Umnizta last evening, credit card in hand. But they managed to change my mind not only with the exhaust but also with the bumpers. If you have a customer who called 6 times to inquiry about your product you should make sure you clear all his concerns, and if the person on the phone is not able to do it, then you come to the phone and do it instead of yelling from the background. I'm just not taking the risk of going thru hell. If that's the experience I get before buying, I don't want to find out what kind of customer support I'd get if I encounter any issues.
As I said, there are other options. I have just ordered the Mtech kit thru Trinity 10 minutes ago.

Take this for what is worht, don't underestimate your customers and don't bite the hand that feeds you. No offense intended, good luck to everyone.
Just PM Nerweezy. Trinity Autosport has the M5 style bumpers, side skirts, and rear bumper for less. they also have a custom quad that does not loose power, i believe Trinity's custom quad exhaust gains a few ponies as well.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Senior Members

Good choice! Trinity will care of u!
Believe it or not, some people do have good experience with umnitza.
Atleast you gave them a chance to make a good first impression and they failed.

Originally Posted by LeuS' post='1072346' date='Dec 11 2009, 03:48 PM

Old 12-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

Originally Posted by darkboyz68' post='1072419' date='Dec 11 2009, 09:49 PM
Believe it or not, some people do have good experience with umnitza.
Well I'm sure, depending on what product they buy and how demanding they are, or maybe not, maybe they're short staffed and at times just can't handle the demand for their products in a satisfactory way.

Sometimes a candid apology and a promise to make it up is all it takes, but for some people that's the hardest thing to do.

Thank you all for your insights and recommendations...
Old 12-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by LeuS' post='1072346' date='Dec 11 2009, 04:48 PM

If you really want to go with a quad set up, talk to Joe @ Trinity. I've dynoed several of his "quad" attempts......atleast he cared enough to dyno it himself, and although they dont add power, the hp loss is minimal. The final set up he tried actually was very close to stock numbers. So, if its a quad look and sound, I would talk to the Joe, if you can get him on the phone lol jk j

Quick Reply: Umnitza Dyno results