E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='1071831
hahaha funny. I dealt with them for my LCI tails and cable. When I got them there was a problem with the cable. Two wires were switched in the terminal. Anyways to make a long story short I had to go back and forth with them over and over and I finally figured it out myself. Sadly I had to brake the terminal to fix it and I asked them to send me a new one and I would send this one back. Now being as though I just spent $1,200. between the two products alone and also purchased more, I thought they would have no problem. Well they said the lights are working now right so we will not be able to get you a new cable. They really do not know what they are talking about with any of the products.

They also told me about these quads because I bought the m5 bumper from them and he said oh as soon as it is available and out of testing i'll give you a call. Now I know they have had them on the site for some time now and still no all... Guess they don't really want the business.
We're very happy to call you once they come into stock. If you want to get this exhaust at the current pre-order price, we can have Tim, Josh, or Anthony give you a call any time. Just so that people don't get the wrong impression. The issue you had was addressed very quickly by Bruce's cables having a small pin in the wrong location that Bruce and Umnitza identified and Bruce's quick and easy fix was to simply swap the pins (which from your emails seemed to be more than satisfactory to you).

Once again, I don't want to get into it on the forum, but please if you feel you need any assistance, we're always available for you via email or phone.
--------------

In some ways a response in this thread lends some of these wild and half-baked comments validity they do not deserve. Though healthy skepticism is always welcome, some of the commentary in this thread is largely uncalled for if not completely wrong.

This dyno was posted originally a few months ago. It was done at DynoSport Racing - if any of you have any issues with the way it was run, call Dick at dynospot, he's a very reliable and consistent dyno resource for us and we have 0 affiliation with him other than knowing him through our customers.

It's a legitimate dyno and the data was extracted at the same time and mailed to us - which is the exact reason for the times of the actual files (not the runs) all showing the same time stamp. The runs were done within a span of 30 minutes with 2 runs done together and then a third run done after some cool down. While we don't have have actual dynos prior to the current one, our customer reported that his car had previously dyno'ed around 189-192 on another dynojet. That is what we based our ESTIMATES of the HP figures of 8-10.

Now, we all know that 2004 cars - like the one dyno'ed do not produce 255 HP, they are rated at 225. Assuming the same basic BMW driveline loss that we've seen in almost every car we've ever dyno'ed at 17% for 5-6sp and up to 20% for autos, that would translate to 180 - 187 BASE dyno. So our customer's report of 189-192 is not out of reach or unusual and makes perfect sense.

The CORRECT graph is here:

Every car and further every dyno run on the car will be different, but if you just do some basic number crunching, you get the correct estimates we made which are 8-10HP on an E60 530i 2004. If your 2006 has 255, then your stock dyno should be about: 204-211, unfortunately, we don't yet have any 2006 dynos and won't until the 3-4 pre-order customers do their own dynos.

If there is anything legitimate that you guys have questions about, feel free to email us or call and ask for me - Matt.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Former Vendor

Finally, as a general response about knowledge and product information.

Our techs do deal with a lot of products, so it's very hard to cater to every single detail about every single product and give every customer the most detailed information they deserve, but our commitment is this: we will do our best to give you the best and most accurate information we can and never ever introduce a product that isn't first tested by us that we are actually putting our name on.

Don't hesitate to ask all our guys questions.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='1072010' date='Dec 11 2009, 01:13 AM
While we don't have have actual dynos prior to the current one, our customer reported that his car had previously dyno'ed around 189-192 on another dynojet. That is what we based our ESTIMATES of the HP figures of 8-10.
You've said it all right there...ESTIMATES. I estimate you have no idea if your exhaust makes or loses HP.

The car was dyno'd on two different Dynojet's, by two different people, on two different days...the dyno sheet you provided is worthless.

You are correct, every car is different and that is why a car is dyno'd before AND after, on the same dyno, on the same day, by the same person. What you're telling us is that the Dyno Sheet you provided is worthless because you can not provide a baseline Dyno Sheet for the vehicle. Without a baseline, you have nothing to compare the posted Dyno sheet for your quad exhaust.

PS. Matt, Where's the RPM on the dyno sheet?

PSS. Leu, if you want to know anything about umnitza, just google "umnitza problem"
Old 12-11-2009, 02:18 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Leu...if you want quads 99% of the time you WILL lose HP. I have a quad system that we can get you (non mandrel bent) that will minimize the lose, BUT what I suggest is go for the RPi exhaust that we have on sale for $699 shipped with a free set of grills
Old 12-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Black on Black 530xi. NAV, Prem, Cold weath...

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='1072010' date='Dec 11 2009, 02:13 AM
Or it could be that the dyno is real and the company simply uploaded the files all at the same time to us.

We're very happy to call you once they come into stock. If you want to get this exhaust at the current pre-order price, we can have Tim, Josh, or Anthony give you a call any time. Just so that people don't get the wrong impression. The issue you had was addressed very quickly by Bruce's cables having a small pin in the wrong location that Bruce and Umnitza identified and Bruce's quick and easy fix was to simply swap the pins (which from your emails seemed to be more than satisfactory to you).

If there is anything legitimate that you guys have questions about, feel free to email us or call and ask for me - Matt.
Don't get me wrong, I was very pleased with everything else that you did. Purchasing the items was great! I had a great conversation with you and I felt very happy. My whole thing was that I never got a call about the quads when they went up on the site. Like you said and I agree I won't get into it on the forum but I was simply not pleased with how a couple things were handled.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='1072013' date='Dec 10 2009, 11:17 PM
Finally, as a general response about knowledge and product information.

Our techs do deal with a lot of products, so it's very hard to cater to every single detail about every single product and give every customer the most detailed information they deserve, but our commitment is this: we will do our best to give you the best and most accurate information we can and never ever introduce a product that isn't first tested by us that we are actually putting our name on.

Don't hesitate to ask all our guys questions.

I can completely understand that the people that answer the phones cannot know everything about every product (unless you have like 2 products). However, instead of even the hint of erroneous information being given how about they just say "I'm not sure, but I'll get the info for you and get back to you" - I've done this hundreds of times since my company has somewhere near 600 products no way I can know every detail of every product (and quite frankly nor do I care to). When a customer asks I tell them I'll get back to them and go find someone who knows and give the customer the answer.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Members

OP, umnitza has always been like this. I used to PM them all the time and get one word answers. I ended up getting my M5 kit from them through my bodyshop because they kept telling me they had no PRE-LCI kits with PDC holes.. My bodyshop calls and they ship out a PRE-LCI with pdc holes. I guess they just didnt want to sell to me? But anyways, if you're looking for quads just do a custom setup like mine. It was roughly $480 for all the parts and install. I probably lost power but then again, i don't really care... I just want the look and sound. Butchering a $800 RPi exhaust is ridiculous IMO.

PS: Trinity does have great customer service. I get a PM from Nerweezy everyday asking me if i need anyting Thats someone that wants to sell. Good job weezy
Old 12-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

1) You should try a little harder in keeping existing and attracting potential customers. In this economy there are fewer people with disposable income willing to buy superfluous products, and you should also realize what kind of customers you?re dealing with and treat them accordingly. Don?t act like a government agency because you don?t have a monopoly.

2) Know your product if you really want to sell it and have repeated customers and referrals. These days, everything is known in the internet. If you didn?t know when I called, you could have said you didn?t have much data on HP gain/loss on the exhaust yet because it?s a new product, but you do know for sure it sounds and looks great, and then pointing to the pictures and video. Not to mention I did say I had a 530 and you told me would get an 18HP gain; when I said that was impossible you went down to 13-15 and then 10-12 and now we?re down to 8-10. You ran all those dyno tests while I was on the phone?

3) Don?t underestimate your customers. Have hard data to back up your claims; if not then don?t claim it. As DRANGED said, a comparison without a baseline is not a comparison. And without a before/after comparison you?ve got nothing. Why not posting the price of bananas in Indonesia then? What about the population of Egypt in 1938. That information would be as relevant as the graph you posted and showed me in regards to the exhaust. It is an insult for you to think I will see that graph and say ?Ok, that makes sense??

4) I?m not implying malicious intention on your end, but maybe you should be more accommodating when your customers demand information before buying expensive products. Even more when they are big items and there?s packaging and shipping charges involved, making it hard to return. I believe you should understand that and be cooperative, and if you really want to close a deal then make the transaction easy and the customer feel comfortable he won?t run into issues, and if he does you?ll be there to make it right.

5) And again, be conscious and grateful when people call your business. Don?t turn them away. Remember, you?re not the DMV, people have choices.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1072052
Don't get me wrong, I was very pleased with everything else that you did. Purchasing the items was great! I had a great conversation with you and I felt very happy. My whole thing was that I never got a call about the quads when they went up on the site.
I do not recall that promise, but if I did, sorry about that and you too have a PM and we can discuss.

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1072119
OP, umnitza has always been like this. I used to PM them all the time and get one word answers. I ended up getting my M5 kit from them through my bodyshop because they kept telling me they had no PRE-LCI kits with PDC holes.. My bodyshop calls and they ship out a PRE-LCI with pdc holes. I guess they just didnt want to sell to me? But anyways, if you're looking for quads just do a custom setup like mine. It was roughly $480 for all the parts and install. I probably lost power but then again, i don't really care... I just want the look and sound. Butchering a $800 RPi exhaust is ridiculous IMO.

PS: Trinity does have great customer service. I get a PM from Nerweezy everyday asking me if i need anyting Thats someone that wants to sell. Good job weezy
You have PM. BTW - it wasn't pre-LCI, Impressive modified it to fit. So what we told is you true, we didn't have it.
Umnitza doesn't spam with PMs looking for sales. We happily respond to all PMs

Originally Posted by LeuS' post='1072185' date='Dec 11 2009, 09:50 AM
1) You should try a little harder in keeping existing and attracting potential customers. In this economy there are fewer people with disposable income willing to buy superfluous products, and you should also realize what kind of customers you?re dealing with and treat them accordingly. Don?t act like a government agency because you don?t have a monopoly.

2) Know your product if you really want to sell it and have repeated customers and referrals. These days, everything is known in the internet. If you didn?t know when I called, you could have said you didn?t have much data on HP gain/loss on the exhaust yet because it?s a new product, but you do know for sure it sounds and looks great, and then pointing to the pictures and video. Not to mention I did say I had a 530 and you told me would get an 18HP gain; when I said that was impossible you went down to 13-15 and then 10-12 and now we?re down to 8-10. You ran all those dyno tests while I was on the phone?

3) Don?t underestimate your customers. Have hard data to back up your claims; if not then don?t claim it. As DRANGED said, a comparison without a baseline is not a comparison. And without a before/after comparison you?ve got nothing. Why not posting the price of bananas in Indonesia then? What about the population of Egypt in 1938. That information would be as relevant as the graph you posted and showed me in regards to the exhaust. It is an insult for you to think I will see that graph and say ?Ok, that makes sense??

4) I?m not implying malicious intention on your end, but maybe you should be more accommodating when your customers demand information before buying expensive products. Even more when they are big items and there?s packaging and shipping charges involved, making it hard to return. I believe you should understand that and be cooperative, and if you really want to close a deal then make the transaction easy and the customer feel comfortable he won?t run into issues, and if he does you?ll be there to make it right.

5) And again, be conscious and grateful when people call your business. Don?t turn them away. Remember, you?re not the DMV, people have choices.
1) We do. And every customer is of the highest importance.
2) There is a difference between your car's 255 standard crank HP and the 2004 225 crank HP. There is clearly miscommunication there, so I apologize if we gave you the wrong impression. We believe that this exhaust based on customer data is 8-10HP.
3) I understand.
4) Fair. But I'm always cooperative, maybe next time talk to me directly if you are unclear - my name is Matt - on any issue.
5) Ok.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Agreed, Umnitza has enough satisfied customers to not have to imply malicious intentions. However, when producing a performance product as opposed to an aero product, there should be hard #'s to show it's worth the price. You don;t need 8-10whp gains, some (like the OP and others) are more concerned with the look and sound of the quad exhaust instead of any performance gains, but they don;t want to lose power either - especially in an I6. So if you're going to post dyno #'s at all, just post some showing no loss, that along with good looks and quality construction should help sales quite a bit.

Quick Reply: Umnitza Dyno results