E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1071822
Or it could be that the dyno is real and the company simply uploaded the files all at the same time to us.
I ran a dynojet for over 6 years and I can tell you for a FACT that the "upload" has nothing to do with it. Winpep software (the dynojet software), time stamps each run so that you can keep track of the runs. Unless you guys ran 3 sessions within 60 seconds...........

Are these exhausts imported? If so, it explains it all. We constantly get "catalogs" with fancy looking exhaust systems with blank areas where they advertise "put your company logo here!"
Old 12-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='1072193' date='Dec 11 2009, 01:08 PM
You have PM. BTW - it wasn't pre-LCI, Impressive modified it to fit. So what we told is you true, we didn't have it.
Umnitza doesn't spam with PMs looking for sales. We happily respond to all PMs
You have on your site that the LCI kits are retrofitable onto PRE-lci cars. Im sure that a business looking to sell would have told me "No we dont have PRE-LCI but the LCI version will work on your car with a little modification." Instead you told me it would take 2-3 weeks to ship out. Im not bashing your products (i love my M5 kit and fitment is good) but rather your customer service.

Nerweezy doesnt spam either, he merely replies to my questions and follows up on them.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='1072224' date='Dec 11 2009, 11:09 AM
Hehe, I noticed that too. Pretty funny

I ran a dynojet for over 6 years and I can tell you for a FACT that the "upload" has nothing to do with it. Winpep software (the dynojet software), time stamps each run so that you can keep track of the runs. Unless you guys ran 3 sessions within 60 seconds...........

Are these exhausts imported? If so, it explains it all. We constantly get "catalogs" with fancy looking exhaust systems with blank areas where they advertise "put your company logo here!"
And the bear is out of its cage again!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Contributors

This thread is going to go on for another 10 pages of arguing and there will be members that instigate and get RPi and Umnitza into a forum fight about dynos and stuff.....

Kudo's to Umnitza for trying to keep it professional...

But its quite simple, don't like their product, customer service, etc. don't buy from them.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='1072224' date='Dec 11 2009, 11:09 AM
Hehe, I noticed that too. Pretty funny

Very professional...
Call Dick at Dynospot and ask him why the files are the same time stamp. I know they are different and run different and not doctored in any way.

For your information, the manufacturer for these exhaust builds some of the most well known 'branded' exhausts in the world, and is a major supplier to one of the biggest suppliers in Canada.

Here are the exhaust videos of other exhausts we have built with this company:

If I was you, I'd worry about my own product and not try to attack another vendor's product.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BulldogE60' post='1072234' date='Dec 11 2009, 02:32 PM
But its quite simple, don't like their product, customer service, etc. don't buy from them.
+1 .. Nothing against either Umnitza or RPI or Eurorev or Joe Momma's performance shop but it seems like when things like "dyno's" or "HP" are discussed, it's like "whose penis is the biggest?" These threads become 10 pages of he said this and he said that.

Like buldog said, if you dont like it, then go elsewhere to purchase it. From what I understand, dyno numbers varies on a lot of things, like the weather or the fan or etc, etc, etc and that 2 dynos can provide different HP depending on the brand of the dyno. So, which one are you gonna believe?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='1072245' date='Dec 11 2009, 12:58 PM
Very professional...
Call Dick at Dynospot and ask him why the files are the same time stamp. I know they are different and run different and not doctored in any way.

For your information, the manufacturer for these exhaust builds some of the most well known 'branded' exhausts in the world, and is a major supplier to one of the biggest suppliers in Canada.

Here are the exhaust videos of other exhausts we have built with this company:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYJdVXdl-Po

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiFqeyVoE_4

If I was you, I'd worry about my own product and not try to attack another vendor's product.
It is what it is. If you are going to answer techinical questions, it would be a good idea to know about the stuff yourself. I have nothing against you guys. Good luck with the exhaust.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60' post='1072248' date='Dec 11 2009, 01:02 PM
+1 .. Nothing against either Umnitza or RPI or Eurorev or Joe Momma's performance shop but it seems like when things like "dyno's" or "HP" are discussed, it's like "whose penis is the biggest?" These threads become 10 pages of he said this and he said that.

Like buldog said, if you dont like it, then go elsewhere to purchase it. From what I understand, dyno numbers varies on a lot of things, like the weather or the fan or etc, etc, etc and that 2 dynos can provide different HP depending on the brand of the dyno. So, which one are you gonna believe?
I think rappers, hotel owners and important people south of us have the biggest penis'
Old 12-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60' post='1072248' date='Dec 11 2009, 12:02 PM

Honestly, I think it may be less of an epeen swinging contest than a matter of managing expectations with respect to claims.

I personally like to see REPEATABLE before/after dynos in the same, disclosed conditions: same car, same operator, same dyno, same fan placement, same correction factors, same smoothing, same fuel, same strapdown, same roll in, etc. Repeatable means I can buy the system, and have the reasonable expectation that if I do a before/after dyno, I'll get very similar results, normalizing for type of dyno, of course. Disclosed conditions means hood open or hood closed, fan info, car mods, out of ordinary weather, etc.

This being said, I gladly recognize that not everyone may be looking for this kind of information from this forum. Perhaps just an "after" dyno is enough for some. Perhaps some people don't care about getting torque numbers (and to be fair, many shops seem strangely unable/unwilling to find a good location to pick up the tach signal on BMWs).

I don't presume to tell people what they should care about. However, I think that having full disclosure helps make this forum a better, much more useful resource for owners and enthusiasts looking to make purchases.

IMHO, of course.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Contributors

n54 engines need quads too! (that don't lose power).....that is all

Quick Reply: Umnitza Dyno results