E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ultimate Eyebrow Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilGT2008
Im in N Ireland and still havent had good enough weather to do this. If only I had a garage! Ahhh. Frustrating. The hardest part will be / is (as mentioned on here) cutting out the plastic to get to the LEDs.
Where did you get the leds from?
Old 12-10-2011, 02:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Mother
Where did you get the leds from?
From theracerboss on here. PM him and also read earlier in this thread. He sent me the ones he used from the States. He did his slightly differently using a custom made strip of LEDs rathern than having to solder each individual one on.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by PhilGT2008
From theracerboss on here. PM him and also read earlier in this thread. He sent me the ones he used from the States. He did his slightly differently using a custom made strip of LEDs rathern than having to solder each individual one on.
Yeah i was thinking about those strips you can buy and wire up yourself..... has anyone got pics of the kind you need (led bulb size) and how to fit them?......is it just a case of glueing a strip in place where the existing holes are?

p.s did theracerboss put up a thread showing the led strip and fitting?
Old 12-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Members

Yeah i was thinking about those strips you can buy and wire up yourself..... has anyone got pics of the kind you need (led bulb size) and how to fit them?......is it just a case of glueing a strip in place where the existing holes are?

p.s did theracerboss put up a thread showing the led strip and fitting?
He emailed me details of how he did it. he also has pics he can send you, I dont think he ever posted it up on the forum.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Using real LED bulbs are a good option if your doing the eyebrow upgrade with the LCI lights. The best option is the LED strips for the Pre-LCI.

Also,
I say strips because you can buy a ton of cheap crap from flee bay but they don't either output like my strip or they have been reported to burn out.

Its been over a year since I did my mod and my leds burn BRIGHT like hell even today with no issues.

I mean think about it, who will want to do a redo on the eyebrows knowing what a pain it is to open them and seal them securely.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Members

anybody in atlanta done this mod? I need somebody to do this for me. I took it to a shop and they look at me like I was crazy.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by soulcontroller
anybody in atlanta done this mod? I need somebody to do this for me. I took it to a shop and they look at me like I was crazy.
ha ha ha....yeah some people just don't get it.....i get a buzz from modding, as long as it's not too over the top, it makes your car different from everyone else .......i see it as personalisation.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Members

ha ha ha....yeah some people just don't get it.....i get a buzz from modding, as long as it's not too over the top, it makes your car different from everyone else .......i see it as personalisation.
yeah they thought it was a cool idea, but weren't sure about doing it and it looks like they were going to rape my pockets to even attempt the mod.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Members

Does anyone know what voltage this circuit concerned is? I ask as I want to connect up leds to test them before fitting. Whats the best way to test them offline, I am assuming wires to a 9V battery or similiar?
Old 12-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

12v, it says right on the eyebrow part.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Eyebrow Upgrade