E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Super Aggressive e60 wheel setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what up Benjo! i commend you for doing your thing, props!

see you at MF4!
Old 04-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Dinan 545i

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
I think this aggressive style says a lot about where the demographic of the e60 owner has gone/is going.

If anyone has read the April Roundel issue and the articles regarding the history of the 5 and target audience of the f10 you'd understand.

As the cost of the e60 decreases, so does it's age demographic. E60 owner's/driver's are no longer: middle to upper management/executive's/professional's, DD + weekend fast pass, small family hauler's. As those individuals I would imagine would have a hard time comfortably modding their e60 so flamboyantly. I'm in no means knocking this style, it's just not for me....if I were in high school or college I'd maybe like it then. I remember back in HS seeing integra's, eclipse's, civic's. crx's, del sol's, etc all slammed with their wheels butterflied out. I guess that's why I see this style more for asian imports/jdm style and not on euro sport luxury vehicle's/sedan's...

aznazasin, GL with the rest of your mods
+1 - well said, Gene.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Members

Being older doesn't mean you have to be conservative with your mods. Isn't modding supposed to be about individuality? There is no right or wrong. If you like it, roll with it. But don't have hate and some pre conceived notion that if you enjoy an aggressive wheel setup, then you're just a young kid who doesn't know any better.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by xcrispycakesx
Being older doesn't mean you have to be conservative with your mods. Isn't modding supposed to be about individuality? There is no right or wrong. If you like it, roll with it. But don't have hate and some pre conceived notion that if you enjoy an aggressive wheel setup, then you're just a young kid who doesn't know any better.
Agree 100%. The "youngins" have to defend themselves. If anything, the grossest modded cars I see out here in LA are usually driven by adults, like 35+ year old adults. By grossest modded I mean BMWs, Mercedes, etc. You still see the ricers who usually fall in the young adult category. But I've seen many a 6 series, E class, C class, S class all crying for help. They were crying loud.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Senior Members

Here you go. Bagged Lambo, with a huge spoiler.

I see both sides of the opinions. Mod your car what ever way makes you happy. Some people may like your style, while others may not. Its hard to win everyone's approval. Cant we all just get along?
Old 04-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by xcrispycakesx
I have to agree with this 10000%!!! I am in my mid-30's (married, with kids thanks - and lemme check, yep, 6 figures direct deposit, gotta love it), but for me it;s more about making my car looks different from everyone else's - my way. I don't like the way a lot of people dress, but I won't put them down for it. I have my style and tastes, others have theirs, that's a great thing - otherwise none of us would mods our cars, we'd be the automatons that drive a completely stock car all the time. In my case stock has always been boring, and out of 36 cars I have owned NONE have ever been sold stock.
When it comes to modding, there are many things where I agree with most here - chrome? Yuck!!!! But I like my car lowered, it handles even better than BMW made it.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 545iBMW
I still don't get it. Why do you want your BMW to look like a Japanese car???
Bimmers (and most Euro luxury brands) is about class. Modding is good to some extent. But too much can sometimes ruin a car.

was that implied towards me?

I had no idea that purchasing a set of springs that were manufactured for the car hinted that I wanted it to look like a Japanese car.

I also didn't know tat have flush offsets implied the same.

It's not about modding a car to look like its JDM, some times, different styles just look good overall imo

whatever floats your boat though
Old 04-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Looks nice anyway.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
I think this aggressive style says a lot about where the demographic of the e60 owner has gone/is going.

If anyone has read the April Roundel issue and the articles regarding the history of the 5 and target audience of the f10 you'd understand.

As the cost of the e60 decreases, so does it's age demographic. E60 owner's/driver's are no longer: middle to upper management/executive's/professional's, DD + weekend fast pass, small family hauler's. As those individuals I would imagine would have a hard time comfortably modding their e60 so flamboyantly. I'm in no means knocking this style, it's just not for me....if I were in high school or college I'd maybe like it then. I remember back in HS seeing integra's, eclipse's, civic's. crx's, del sol's, etc all slammed with their wheels butterflied out. I guess that's why I see this style more for asian imports/jdm style and not on euro sport luxury vehicle's/sedan's...

aznazasin, GL with the rest of your mods

Everything you just said sums it up. Seeing cars like what the OP posted devalues my car in my eyes. Don't ask me why. I know that how someone mods their own car is their choice, their personality, etc. But to me it takes the exclusivity of my BMW from "UP HERE"....... to "down there". Get me?
Old 04-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Everything you just said sums it up. Seeing cars like what the OP posted devalues my car in my eyes. Don't ask me why. I know that how someone mods their own car is their choice, their personality, etc. But to me it takes the exclusivity of my BMW from "UP HERE"....... to "down there". Get me?

in my opinion, having yellow 2500k fog lights is something that belongs on Japanese cars and takes my perception of a car from being "UP THERE" to "down there"

modding is about individuality and taste....we're all different but thanks for sharing you opinion though

Quick Reply: Super Aggressive e60 wheel setup