E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Super Aggressive e60 wheel setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aznazasin
in my opinion, having yellow 2500k fog lights is something that belongs on Japanese cars and takes my perception of a car from being "UP THERE" to "down there"

modding is about individuality and taste....we're all different but thanks for sharing you opinion though

You're right, I removed them 2 weeks ago and put the stock ones back in. They looked cheap as hell. I'm getting Brabus's HID 6k fogs soon. Heck, I might just yank the fogs out completely and install brake vents.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Howitzer
You're right, I removed them 2 weeks ago and put the stock ones back in. They looked cheap as hell. I'm getting Brabus's HID 6k fogs soon. Heck, I might just yank the fogs out completely and install brake vents.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
I think this aggressive style says a lot about where the demographic of the e60 owner has gone/is going.

If anyone has read the April Roundel issue and the articles regarding the history of the 5 and target audience of the f10 you'd understand.

As the cost of the e60 decreases, so does it's age demographic. E60 owner's/driver's are no longer: middle to upper management/executive's/professional's, DD + weekend fast pass, small family hauler's. As those individuals I would imagine would have a hard time comfortably modding their e60 so flamboyantly. I'm in no means knocking this style, it's just not for me....if I were in high school or college I'd maybe like it then. I remember back in HS seeing integra's, eclipse's, civic's. crx's, del sol's, etc all slammed with their wheels butterflied out. I guess that's why I see this style more for asian imports/jdm style and not on euro sport luxury vehicle's/sedan's...

aznazasin, GL with the rest of your mods
First of all by calling it flamboyant you are knocking the style. Its different from what you like. So what?

The age demographic always changes when cars are less expensive to purchase but with that comes a lot of new ideas that older people dont instill or share. What difference does age make when you have a middle aged executive who has an e60 (like many on here) and buy heavy cast rep wheels (VMR, Miro) and then put on poor fitting rep mtech kits (trinity and umnitza). The vast majority of members on here have both of those items and most of them are 30+ in age. Im younger than most people that have an e60 and I have always purchased topshelf parts. The few rep pieces I did buy I sold/am selling and only going with good quality pieces.

Stating that if you were "back in high school or college id maybe like it" is simply condescending towards people who do this style and are older. Stating that a certain style only pertains to a certain age is applicable in certain criteria, but for the most part not with car modifications.

The difference here is simply that older people on this site have accepted VMR, MIRO, and Mtech Rep pieces as a totally suitable purchase for an e60, even though they are cheap replica parts and some have fitment issues like the mtech side skirts and m5 rep rear bumper with its saggy middle.

Explain how one is acceptable and the other is not. Sure one mimics OEM, but poorly at that in many categories.

However people that are like me and mod the way we do dont generally go around bashing those who buy those rep pieces and look like everyone else, whereas those people have done it in this thread multiple times.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

'PraiseTheLowered' date='13 April 2010 - 03:36 PM'

First of all by calling it flamboyant you are knocking the style. Its different from what you like. So what?

actually no, flamboyant was the word I chose to use to describe the extra-ordinary modding preferences chosen, should you feel so inclined as to interpret the word in a negative context that's on you. The same offense can be taken to this statement you made earlier in this thread

"thats a good looking car no doubt but its simply a cookie cutter setup, anyone can do it and why bother modding at all if you are simply going to do a setup that everyone else does and spend lots of money doing it?"

and to that statement, so what if it's cookie cutter, that could be taken as you taking a jab at a good majority of members and their choice of mods? But as you did there, you decided to express your opinion on a public forum as did I.

The age demographic always changes when cars are less expensive to purchase but with that comes a lot of new ideas that older people dont instill or share. What difference does age make when you have a middle aged executive who has an e60 (like many on here) and buy heavy cast rep wheels (VMR, Miro) and then put on poor fitting rep mtech kits (trinity and umnitza). The vast majority of members on here have both of those items and most of them are 30+ in age. Im younger than most people that have an e60 and I have always purchased topshelf parts. The few rep pieces I did buy I sold/am selling and only going with good quality pieces.

Most often with the age demographic is also professional level. As the higher the age, the more chance the e60 owner is a professional in a middle to upper management position with a family and mortgage (more and more less true, but most likely the cookie cutters will fit in here) . So perhaps one may choose to run a less aggressive set-up and get more tread life out of their tires and save a few s on tires. Or they'll spend some of that earned money on coilovers and wheels to make their weekend trips a bit more spirited. Case in point, you have on order brand new custom forged wheels. But rather than spending some $ on some quality tires to wrap your brand new wheels, you put a feeler thread to see if you can get some used falkens, where in the thread you state that you know your flamboyant set up will decrease the life of any tire you run and you'd like to save a few s. BTW, when are your wheels going to be ready? And please, top shelf products? your JIC coils are used with ~25K miles on them. You are running rep side skirts yet on the paragraph below you are crapping on them. Your seibon trunk, multiple times you've stated it needed a good time of modification to fit, name one top shelf product you still need to modify to fit. And I recall before you came across that JIC sale you were going to throw NEX coilovers on, where you admit they are not "top shelf" So don't act like you walk the walk...we can all look thru your past posts and read differently....

Stating that if you were "back in high school or college id maybe like it" is simply condescending towards people who do this style and are older. Stating that a certain style only pertains to a certain age is applicable in certain criteria, but for the most part not with car modifications.

really? so take a quick poll referencing age regarding this style and see what the results are. again, you may see it as condescending, but it's FACT. It's very rare to walk across any work place's parking lot and see a car mod'd like this and if so, do you think it's the guy signing checks or scheduling shifts. But for sure that car will get a few looks and perhaps a few walk arounds, which I think is the point, to stand out and get noticed, I mean that's the point of any mod. Most of the time this style is for show, not a DD..so maybe that 30+ year old has this style car, but it's most likely not his DD.

The difference here is simply that older people on this site have accepted VMR, MIRO, and Mtech Rep pieces as a totally suitable purchase for an e60, even though they are cheap replica parts and some have fitment issues like the mtech side skirts and m5 rep rear bumper with its saggy middle.

Explain how one is acceptable and the other is not. Sure one mimics OEM, but poorly at that in many categories.

apples to oranges, most of those members with those parts to do not run such flamboyant set ups. so it's not the parts/manufacturer but how the owner chooses to run them. Also, we are all very quick to point out fittement or quality issues on these parts as well.

However people that are like me and mod the way we do dont generally go around bashing those who buy those rep pieces and look like everyone else, whereas those people have done it in this thread multiple times.

no one is bashing anyone, again, members are stating opinions, it's what we do here on this public forum...seems you are the only one really taking offense to most of the opinions made tho. some of your expressed opinions can also be interpreted as bashing, yet I understand that's just how you express yourself...
[/quote]

***again, aznazin, GL with your mods and have fun @ mfest
Old 04-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

eurotechniks FTW!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Contributors

I dont know of any context where "flamboyant" is used in anything but a negative light.

Yes I bought my JICs used, they are still high quality racing coilovers, the nex's are built solidly and since you never held them in your hands you have no room to talk about them in any fashion.

Cookie cutter isnt negative, it simply means everyone doing the same thing. Some see it as bad and others as good.

You obviously werent reading my post and were simply thinking of what you wanted to say, i clearly stated i was selling my rep side skirts and putting oems back on, so good try.

Seibon makes great pieces, but they are limited run especially for our cars. Even Vorsteiner CF hoods and trunks need lots of adjustment to make them fit perfectly flush.

Maybe if you had some of these mods or even had seen them in person youd understand that top shelf aftermarket body parts like Seibon/VIS and Vorsteiner need adjustment. Get overyourself.

As far as Falken tires go, they have great reviews for all sorts of applications, same with hankook tires. You seem confused by my usage of "Top shelf". "Top Shelf" as I am using the term means, excellent quality and performance, with a good return in regards to price.

The point here is that people like you are more than willing to make exceptions to the "rules" for an e60 when it comes to modding and then look down your nose when a different style comes along that you dont like.

Nobody said you had to like the style, but this attempt at an indepth analysis of why people mod this way and who they are is simply arrogant.

Get it now?
Old 04-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Old 04-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by acuteperformance

no shit

im done, i dont care anymore

Genes right its flamboyant, Gene for Mod

from now on ill just post pictures and fs sale threads
Old 04-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Contributors

damn, why you gotta bring Vorsteiner into this?!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
Gene for Mod
+100000

Quick Reply: Super Aggressive e60 wheel setup