E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Super Aggressive e60 wheel setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by aznazasin
lol didn't expect to see this thread get this long

Howitzer you seem to have something against lowered cars and aggressive/flush fitment on wheels..."if you ask normal individuals?"

Coming from the E46 community, we modded our cars to stand out from the rest and be far from stock...in my taste, the stance of the vehicle is definitely what sets it apart from others...its my taste and that's all that matters...if you dont like it move on....you mod your car the way you want to and it looks like the average E60 with the mtech kit and no one's saying anything about it.

Im fairly new to the E60 community and I can clearly see that the owners of this model have complete different taste than those who live in SoCal with the mod bug.

You guy should check out Mfestforum.com or Mfest.net and see the E60 M5s there...i'm sure no one would have a problem seeing them....at the end of the day, to each his own...

thanks for the C&C everyone

hopefully some of you guys can come out to the local meets here in Socal to see it in person before you make judgements about how it "rubs" and "i cant get out my driveway" LOL...you obviously are unfamiliar with rolling/shaving fenders and camber set-ups.
It's how we do it in California! I have seen some insanely stanced S2000s too. Z offsets on their stock fenders = yikes!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I think this aggressive style says a lot about where the demographic of the e60 owner has gone/is going.

If anyone has read the April Roundel issue and the articles regarding the history of the 5 and target audience of the f10 you'd understand.

As the cost of the e60 decreases, so does it's age demographic. E60 owner's/driver's are no longer: middle to upper management/executive's/professional's, DD + weekend fast pass, small family hauler's. As those individuals I would imagine would have a hard time comfortably modding their e60 so flamboyantly. I'm in no means knocking this style, it's just not for me....if I were in high school or college I'd maybe like it then. I remember back in HS seeing integra's, eclipse's, civic's. crx's, del sol's, etc all slammed with their wheels butterflied out. I guess that's why I see this style more for asian imports/jdm style and not on euro sport luxury vehicle's/sedan's...

aznazasin, GL with the rest of your mods
Old 04-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
I think this aggressive style says a lot about where the demographic of the e60 owner has gone/is going.

If anyone has read the April Roundel issue and the articles regarding the history of the 5 and target audience of the f10 you'd understand.

As the cost of the e60 decreases, so does it's age demographic. E60 owner's/driver's are no longer: middle to upper management/executive's/professional's, DD + weekend fast pass, small family hauler's. As those individuals I would imagine would have a hard time comfortably modding their e60 so flamboyantly. I'm in no means knocking this style, it's just not for me....if I were in high school or college I'd maybe like it then. I remember back in HS seeing integra's, eclipse's, civic's. crx's, del sol's, etc all slammed with their wheels butterflied out. I guess that's why I see this style more for asian imports/jdm style and not on euro sport luxury vehicle's/sedan's...

aznazasin, GL with the rest of your mods

As usual, Gene has hit the nail on the head. Aznazasin's comment that he's coming from the E46 crowd is additional confirmation of Gene's statement since most of the E46 owners are in the age demographic of high schoolers and college kids who prefer to mod their cars more flamboyantly. There's nothing wrong with this style, and I actually like some of the stances, though I wouldn't necessarily do everything the E46 guys do since I don't want that to negatively affect how potential clients view me.

GL with your future mods for sure aznazasin.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

WOW! That is some aggressive offsets. I used to have 245/35/20 on the front. I love it, but it wasn't drivable, and the rubbing was annoying. So I changed it to 235/30/20.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Tru5g
WOW! That is some aggressive offsets. I used to have 245/35/20 on the front. I love it, but it wasn't drivable, and the rubbing was annoying. So I changed it to 235/30/20.

Yah you guys do have a point...most of the E46 owners are getting younger and younger as the vehicle ages. The e60 modding style will soon transform especially here in the west region.

I actually just finished college and am graduating this spring but have already completed my units last fall and working 40+ hours a week.

Trug: Ive seen your car in person...black on gold thats exactly what I need to do..switch over to 235/30/20 lol thanks for the heads up

thanks again everyone for your suggestions and opinions!!
Old 04-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Contributors

I can't wait to see the progression aznazasin. Your exterior mods are starting to resemble my car a bit, especially since we have the same color. The stance will be the differentiating factor.

p.s. Congrats on graduating. Time flies afterwards.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Senior Members

I see both sides of the opinions. I personally love the way alot of these setups look,as long as its not super out there, unlike some of the VIP style cars Ive seen where is looks like the rear control arms are disconnected. But to be honest with you I couldnt drive anything thats tooooo agressive.

Here is a car I worked on for one of my customers. And yes, this one is on coilovers, and driven with the exhaust piping less then a 1/4 inch off the ground. But hey, thats what he wanted.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Contributors

lol that shit is looooooooooooooooow in the back

too low though
Old 04-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
p.s. Congrats on graduating. Time flies afterwards.
+1
Old 04-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
lol that shit is looooooooooooooooow in the back

too low though
We ended up messing with the front fenders a little, and lowered the front some more also.

Quick Reply: Super Aggressive e60 wheel setup