E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

stock rear bumper vs m sport rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by realtyman' post='195375' date='Nov 8 2005, 02:59 PM
Around $550 for the rear bumper (Thanks EBMCS03!) and another $400ish for paint & install.
Wish could have saved you more on shipping... but that was the lowest I can find and trust worthy enough. as they do ship stuff for Crevier BMW here in LA.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Members

I think it's a matter of preference. I personally prefer the stock rear bumper due to the red reflectors and the lower lip.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by AverageJoe' post='195801' date='Nov 9 2005, 02:17 PM
I think it's a matter of preference. I personally prefer the stock rear bumper due to the red reflectors and the lower lip.
I do like the way the lip at the base of the SE bumper blends in with the M sport sills. The above pic does look cool.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='195900
I do like the way the lip at the base of the SE bumper blends in with the M sport sills. The above pic does look cool.
[/quote]

I am in the same boat. I am considering the M kit, but will probably stay with the stock rear.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine white 2004 545, cold weather package, premium sound, sport package.

I prefer the stock bumper too, with some lip. M-tech just doesnt appeal to me. Looks like a chick wid a flatass. Thanks for posting a pic of your car, cuz I wanted to do something similar to your setup minus the front. I'm thinkin of the Zenetti front lip.Zenetti just wait for the slideshow and look for the blue car. It's nice and clean all around I dont really like the M-tech front cuz the gap in the middle, same goes with the ACS....that gap just annoys me....LOL. Kinda looks like Michael Strahan in a way....llol...no offense. Hey does the M-tech side skirt affect your ground clearance? I mean is it the same length as the stock ones and just flare out? I can't reaaly tell in the pic but is the sidekirts and rearbumper even in appearance?

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='194144' date='Nov 6 2005, 02:41 AM
Its all up to you.. I opted not to install the M-Tech rear... I might still be the only wierdo running this combo... But I have seen the M-Tech rear in person and its not bad... but its not GREAT like the M5s... I like the red rear reflectors and like the little lip that the stock one gives so I kept the stock rear with the M-Tech front and sides...

Old 11-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by davepham671' post='196113' date='Nov 10 2005, 01:14 AM
Hey does the M-tech side skirt affect your ground clearance? I mean is it the same length as the stock ones and just flare out? I can't reaaly tell in the pic but is the sidekirts and rearbumper even in appearance?
The side skirts dont affect ground clearence at all. It just flared out. And there no problem with the side skirt and rear bumper in appearance... They are even. They match fine. The rear bumper kind of narrows in towards the end so you cant really say "even" if thats what you mean... or if you ment how does the bottom line match up with the rear bumper its the same, at the same height.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Previously I also liked the stock rear bumper. But as time passed by I came to prefer more and more the m-sport one.
1. One shud compare both cars in person where the the m-sport one looks really noble and magnificent
1. M//-one makes the rear really clean where the stock one compared to it looks now even a bit ricey to me
2. It is interesting to compare cars from direct side view. The bottom line of the M/// seems nearly perfect but for the stock one it looks like somebody has kicked the ass of the car and it is unevenly tilted upwards.

Just my 2 cents
Old 11-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by realtyman' post='195375
Previously I also liked the stock rear bumper. But as time passed by I came to prefer more and more the m-sport one.
1. One shud compare both cars in person where the the m-sport one looks really noble and magnificent
1. M//-one makes the rear really clean where the stock one compared to it looks now even a bit ricey to me
2. It is interesting to compare cars from direct side view. The bottom line of the M/// seems nearly perfect but for the stock one it looks like somebody has kicked the ass of the car and it is unevenly tilted upwards.

Just my 2 cents
Thats a good point. I have decided to wait with the front/rear apron mods untill the next bimmerfest and hopefully see some in person. I am going ahead with the side skirts as I like how they break-up the large look of the side doors.