E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

still shoping wheels, anyone thing thees would look good

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 Alpine White 525xi

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='414457' date='Apr 16 2007, 07:43 PM
looks like sevas to me.
Yes, they are Sevas S-22, same as the pics rjcastr posted, with better angle
Old 04-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Saridi' post='414555' date='Apr 16 2007, 10:48 PM
Yes, they are Sevas S-22, same as the pics rjcastr posted, with better angle

dubz direct i beleive still has a couple sets other than that they are sold out everywhere next shipment due in a couple of weeks

hard to get i saw some in 19's at dubz direct and they are very nice wheels good quality im going with these
i thought of all chrome but i think the silver will look amazing
Old 07-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Re: Cman's comment below about VM never having 1 CSL replica wheel returned for warranty (albeit this thread is a few months old), I guess I get to be the first, unless there have been others since this original post.

On installation back in early June, a flake about the size of a piece of rice, literally fell right off the wheel near the lughole. How? You know how when you loosen your lug screw from the bottom-most hole, it can tend to "slide" or "lie" on the opening when you pull it out (assuming you don't catch it in the socket head)? Well I never expected the slightest contact with the screw & paint surface to actually matter, but as I was ever so gently sliding out the lugscrew (to re-align the holes with the hub), a piece of paint flake came right off the bend of the lug hole. I couldn't believe it. It was small, so I accepted it...until today when I was attempting to touch it up. After prepping the surface with some mild soap and water, I started to dry off the area real well. As I was buffing out the area to dry it, I noticed that the flaked area was expanding, somewhat like how it looks when you sand an old piece of painted furniture with lots old coats underneath. And then a tiny "spider-vein" type cracking in the paint became visible.. And then, to boot, some clearcoat came off outside the flaked area. I was freaking out! Now it may sound like a huge chunk fell off, but it's not real big, but certainly noticeable and unacceptable, especially one manufactured for VM.

In the end, I e-mailed VM, from whom I purchased the wheels direct, and got this response from Gideon, their sales manager:

"Normally, we do not offer warranty replacements for chips on wheels caused by tools impacting the paint. However, in this case, because you did contact us regarding this issue immediately after you installed the wheels, I'll authorize an exchange as a courtesy to you. As soon as we have received it, we will have the replacement sent out. Let me know if you have any other questions."

So, kudos to Velocity Motoring for standing behind their product. As for his comment about "...tools impacting the paint...", I'd hardly say this was an impact...more like a "gentle, brief light contact." Painted wheels should be able to withstand that! So, now I get to wait 2 weeks with my unimpressive little 17" OEM's back on. At least I don't have to keep an eye out for potholes now. Awesome!

So I guess the moral of the story is....watch out for painted replica wheels that don't have a good warranty and a reputable distributor to back it up. Get powder coated ones...or stay away from replicas all together! I will be riding on OEM's next car...or sooner if they don't work out. Did I mention the shimmy in my steering wheel? Don't get me started! Some pics below of the "flake" and of the full package.

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='413471' date='Apr 13 2007, 10:20 PM
Also, in talking to Velocity Motoring, these wheels are made by the same manufacturer that makes OEM wheels for Infiniti, Lexus and Honda. They're high standard replica's. All the distributors I spoke today said they are the best set of cast wheels that are replica's they have ever seen. You can also check out the quote from the CEO of ModBargains, as he had these wheels on one of his cars. The quote is on their site under the CSL wheels sales page.

They also come with a 1 year warranty from VM for any manufacturers defects (paint, cracking, etc.). But they said they have NEVER had 1 return. This is also another reason I decided to go direct. Although these are replica's, these guys have done really well with these wheels. They can't keep them on the shelves. The VM guy told me that probably half, if not more, of the e46fantatics members have their wheels and you can't tell the difference between them and the real OEM CSL wheels.
Attached Thumbnails still shoping wheels, anyone thing thees would look good-dscn5864.jpg   still shoping wheels, anyone thing thees would look good-dscn5777.jpg