E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

still shoping wheels, anyone thing thees would look good

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 2005 X3 3.0

if you guys like and ready to install them I can make a serious group buy on the CSL type wheels
I know the manufacturing company.

can we get minimum 10 ready buyers?

list your name here.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by quad_m' post='413029' date='Apr 12 2007, 10:38 PM
if you guys like and ready to install them I can make a serious group buy on the CSL type wheels
I know the manufacturing company.

can we get minimum 10 ready buyers?

list your name here.
What price Tony? I'm ready to pull the trigger tomorrow, so the price would have to be really good for me to wait.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='413036' date='Apr 12 2007, 10:04 PM
What price Tony? I'm ready to pull the trigger tomorrow, so the price would have to be really good for me to wait.
Yeah Tony,

I know Velocity makes them it's no secret they are literally about 10 minutes from me, they are on back order but would need to know you are going lower than modbargains price and they seem to be very competitive since all other companies buy from them.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='413054' date='Apr 13 2007, 12:04 AM
Yeah Tony,

I know Velocity makes them it's no secret they are literally about 10 minutes from me, they are on back order but would need to know you are going lower than modbargains price and they seem to be very competitive since all other companies buy from them.
I went direct. Velocity said they don't do Group Buys. I asked. They said since they sell to so many wholesalers, they can't undersell their competition. It's part of their contractual agreement with their distributors.

Anyway, both the Silver and the HyperBlacks are backordered. The HyperBlacks are due in around May 10th and the Silvers are due in at the end of May.

Attention ALL xi owners: I asked Velocity if any E60 xi owners had purchased these wheels in 19x8.5 (ET40) and 19x9.5(ET45). They said they've had a bunch of orders from these owners and the wheels fit PERFECT! Therefore, my concerns are gone. I am sold. I placed the order for Silver. HyperBlack was just too much black on a Jet Black car. If the wheels had a polished lip, that would be one thing, but they don't. I'm going for the sporty, aggressive look, but not too "pimpy" while still keeping it classy. Oh, and if any of you xi owners are on this forum with these wheels, please stand up and post those pix!

I'll post pix when I get my wheels...probably in June! LOL!

I also went with GE UHP tires in 245/35/19 and 275/30/19. Ran me $570 w/shipping from TireRack. Too bad I'll have tires sitting in my garage for the next 6 weeks and no wheels. :thumbsdown:
Old 04-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='413343' date='Apr 13 2007, 04:38 PM
I went direct. Velocity said they don't do Group Buys. I asked. They said since they sell to so many wholesalers, they can't undersell their competition. It's part of their contractual agreement with their distributors.

Anyway, both the Silver and the HyperBlacks are backordered. The HyperBlacks are due in around May 10th and the Silvers are due in at the end of May.

Attention ALL xi owners: I asked Velocity if any E60 xi owners had purchased these wheels in 19x8.5 (ET40) and 19x9.5(ET45). They said they've had a bunch of orders from these owners and the wheels fit PERFECT! Therefore, my concerns are gone. I am sold. I placed the order for Silver. HyperBlack was just too much black on a Jet Black car. If the wheels had a polished lip, that would be one thing, but they don't. I'm going for the sporty, aggressive look, but not too "pimpy" while still keeping it classy. Oh, and if any of you xi owners are on this forum with these wheels, please stand up and post those pix!

I'll post pix when I get my wheels...probably in June! LOL!

I also went with GE UHP tires in 245/35/19 and 275/30/19. Ran me $570 w/shipping from TireRack. Too bad I'll have tires sitting in my garage for the next 6 weeks and no wheels. :thumbsdown:

too bad they dont do group buys..why dont you get M166 wheels and I can profesionally paint them for you
to any color you want charcoal gray, stealth black ,semi shiny or glossy finish.
they will come out spectacular. Always go with OEm wheels guys replica wheels might bring problems in the future..

my 0.02
Old 04-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Contributors

if I had a 5 series I would go with Alpina's original lightweight 20x9 front 20x10 rear wheels
and probably paint them to stealth black or gray depending the color on my car.

they will fit to your car with low profile tires in the back and they are top quality made by tuner company.
Attached Thumbnails still shoping wheels, anyone thing thees would look good-img_zubehoer_raddynamic_3er1.jpg   still shoping wheels, anyone thing thees would look good-img_zubehoer_raddynamic_6er2.jpg  
Old 04-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by quad_m' post='413355' date='Apr 13 2007, 04:02 PM
if I had a 5 series I would go with Alpina's original lightweight 20x9 front 20x10 rear wheels
and probably paint them to stealth black or gray depending the color on my car.

they will fit to your car with low profile tires in the back and they are top quality made by tuner company.
Tony,

Those wheels are , well, lets say i just think they are ugly as hell.....

my .02 cents, but thanks for your input, opinions are always welcomed

im sitting on this dilemma will wait to see outcomes, im in no rush but will like to take a look at hyperblack on monaco blue

rj
Old 04-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by quad_m' post='413348' date='Apr 13 2007, 04:56 PM
too bad they dont do group buys..why dont you get M166 wheels and I can profesionally paint them for you
to any color you want charcoal gray, stealth black ,semi shiny or glossy finish.
they will come out spectacular. Always go with OEm wheels guys replica wheels might bring problems in the future..

my 0.02
Tony - You're forgetting a very important piece as to why we can't do the 166's or 167's. If we could, I'd have already bought them from you looooong ago.

The answer is....drum roll please.........

We have the XI. We need high offset wheels. The 166, 167's and 172's do not come in a high enough offset for our car. If we attempted to put these wheels on our car, both the fronts and the rears would stick out way beyond the wells. If you'd like to see a member that did this on his XI, but didn't realize it was the wrong offset until it was too late, take a look at SP530xi's Gallery. He has the OEM 166 wheels on his 530xi. In fact, he was one of the first US orders when the E60 AWD was released in the US. From the side (other than it sitting too high), it looks great. Look at it from front to back and you can clearly see the wheels sticking out beyond the wells. He knows this is a major problem. I told him to sell them and get a new set, that's especially made for his XI, but he wanted to hold out.

Also, in talking to Velocity Motoring, these wheels are made by the same manufacturer that makes OEM wheels for Infiniti, Lexus and Honda. They're high standard replica's. All the distributors I spoke today said they are the best set of cast wheels that are replica's they have ever seen. You can also check out the quote from the CEO of ModBargains, as he had these wheels on one of his cars. The quote is on their site under the CSL wheels sales page.

They also come with a 1 year warranty from VM for any manufacturers defects (paint, cracking, etc.). But they said they have NEVER had 1 return. This is also another reason I decided to go direct. Although these are replica's, these guys have done really well with these wheels. They can't keep them on the shelves. The VM guy told me that probably half, if not more, of the e46fantatics members have their wheels and you can't tell the difference between them and the real OEM CSL wheels.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='413378' date='Apr 13 2007, 06:12 PM
im sitting on this dilemma will wait to see outcomes, im in no rush but will like to take a look at hyperblack on monaco blue
rj
Well, you can wait another month and see the silver ones on my car.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Good choice C! However I'm gonna stick to the other ones that you showed us just cuz I'm a lip guy

Quick Reply: still shoping wheels, anyone thing thees would look good